• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Extended - Jun 13th - Featuring Games from Creative Partners Not Shown in Showcase

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

That’s not all for Xbox, however. Join us on Tuesday, June 13 at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 6pm UK for Xbox Games Showcase Extended. The event will offer deeper dives into what you saw from Avowed, Towerborne, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom, and Microsoft Flight Simulator – Dune Expansion, as well as games from our creative partners that we didn’t show you today. We’ll have in-depth interviews, behind-the-scenes features, gameplay walkthroughs with brand new footage, and more! And you may even see some very special guests show up, perhaps even one celebrity…

---

WE ARE LIVE

- What was shown (updating);

- Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty and interview with Keanu Reeves
- High on Life's DLC/expansion "High on Knives" coming soon (no date)
- Avowed developer interview. It will have some returning characters from Pillar of Eternity for long term fans, but is a stand-alone game and doesn't require prior knowledge.
- The First Descendent, an Unreal Engine 5 looter/shooter, shown with developer interview.
- Towerborne shown
- Fallout 76: Once in a Blue Moon expansion - June 20th. Free for FO76 players.
- Hi Fi Rush - Arcade Challenge Update - July 5th
- ESO new expansion
- Phasmaphobia announced for consoles
- Exoprimal presentation
- ID @ Xbox montage of new small scope indie games.
- Flight Sim 2024
- Go Mecha Ball, new indie game, coming 2024.
- Lies of P shown
- Hellblade 2 behind the scenes performance capture and actor/developer interview
- Lightyear Frontier multiplayer demo
- ID @ Xbox montage 2
- 33 Immortals game play demo featuring Phil Spencer w/ the developers.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

REPLACED?
jim-carrey-curious.gif

adamsapple

REPLACED?
jim-carrey-curious.gif

Age of Empires IV Xbox version as well.

There's a bunch more games that are supposedly coming out later this year that didn't get touched upon in the showcase itself.

Potential candidates for this supplementary stream:

- HiFi Rush DLC
- Fallout 4 next-gen patch
- Age of Empires / Mythology
- Replaced

SCB3

Also, I think that Fallout 4 next-gen patch is due so hoping it gets shadow dropped today.
Thats a good bet, did Skyrim get one with the Aniversary update?

Also there was a Gears Collection heavily rumored for this show, could it be in here?

adamsapple

Thats a good bet, did Skyrim get one with the Aniversary update?

Also there was a Gears Collection heavily rumored for this show, could it be in here?

Skyrim got the next gen upgrade in 2021. For Fallout they announced the free next-gen patch for Xbox/PS5 last year, they just gave it a vague 2023 release date, but haven't said anything about it since.

Dolomite

Don’t get too excited. This is Xbox’s treehouse event. All of the people whining about ‘not enough gameplay or info’ during their showcase should watch this.
Good enough for me. I don't mind in engine trailers as they at least give the feel and atmosphere of a game. Honestly hope any gameplay shown today doesn't spoil too much

Last edited:

Kacho

Can we get a long demo of someone playing Starfield? That's the only thing missing from the usual Todd Howard hype cycle..

Forza is a known quantity but I am excited to see it in action. Hopefully they clarify whether it's always-online game or not.

Fallout 4 next gen would be a nice surprise.

What else is ready to be shown? Avowed would be really nice to see in action.

Gorgon

Can we get a long demo of someone playing Starfield? That's the only thing missing from the usual Todd Howard hype cycle..

Forza is a known quantity but I am excited to see it in action. Hopefully they clarify whether it's always-online game or not.

Fallout 4 next gen would be a nice surprise.

What else is ready to be shown? Avowed would be really nice to see in action.

Obsidian confirmed there won't be any gameplay shown for Avowed. I have strong doubts you'll see gameplay for any of the big titles they've shown at the Showcase, so temper your expectations.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Temper the expectations, they won't be revealing any big AAA type games here, just focus on what was shown and maybe if we're lucky, a small announcement or two.
But...

"as well as games from our creative partners that we didn’t show you today."

Crystal Dynamics and the Initiative are creative partners. So I mean, there at least a chance, no?

Maybe Stalker 2?

Last edited:

adamsapple

But...

"as well as games from our creative partners that we didn’t show you today."

Crystal Dynamics and the Initiative are creative partners. So I mean, there at least a chance, no?

Maybe Stalker 2?

Well, we know for sure Exoprimal will be shown again, along with a few of the games that were shown at the showcase. I'm just not expecting them to drop big AAA type game reveals here.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I still can't get over how good the character models look for Avowed. That lizard dude? what in thee fuck Obsidian?

Well, we know for sure Exoprimal will be shown again, along with a few of the games that were shown at the showcase. I'm just not expecting them to drop big AAA type game reveals here.

I'm not really expecting new announcements, I just want some news about what's going on over there at the Initiative. Especially since the exodus of a lot of their staff. I hope they found a way to get back on track.

Last edited:

Metnut

Deep dive into Avowed should be interesting. I enjoyed the showcase trailer. Looked a lot more fun than Outer Worlds (which itself was a good game on a limited budget).

adamsapple

The blurb talks about Hellblade 2 being at the extended showcase, I wonder if it means new footage or just the developers talking over what they've already shown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom