• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

BruceLeeRoy said:
And just like that it all makes sense.

They also did Timesplitters 2, which was an awesome multiplayer FPS game in the last gen.

I hope the patch comes soon..

After dealing with Breach and getting rid of the stink, I want to play Crysis 2

In every single game i've played, I always have a full green connection but everyone always has red/orange for some reason. I must have good internet or this game has really crappy host selection (ie. me).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I NEED SCISSORS said:
In every single game i've played, I always have a full green connection but everyone always has red/orange for some reason. I must have good internet or this game has really crappy host selection (ie. me).

Welcome to the all green club!

Mad Max

I NEED SCISSORS said:

I think you always have green bars no matter what, I've joined games halfway through (so I wasn't host) where I had green bars but still lag problems.

I think the ping works via each person to you, so you are green to yourself but then different to everyone else, only other game which has done that I have played is Gunz on pc years ago. that's what it seems like at least.

Rebel Leader

Diablohead said:
I think the ping works via each person to you, so you are green to yourself but then different to everyone else, only other game which has done that I have played is Gunz on pc years ago. that's what it seems like at least.

I thought of it that way too

RPS37

Major Williams said:
Switch to a wired connection. Wifi causes this issue.

I got kicked out of 6 games, went online, and found this solution. I used my laptop, shared the connection with a crossover cable into my xbox, and it was fine.

georgc said:
You using a wireless adapter?

Damn. Wired doesn't really seem like much of an option at the moment. Thanks.

imtehman

Banned
this game is fun as hell. Getting that MW1 vibe of addiction that i would get into if i got this game.

Graphics are amazing even with my PC master race glasses on. if they are this good in multiplayer, i cant wait to see what they have in store for the singleplayer on PC.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
One feature I wish developers included is the ability for someone to run a XB360 console as a dedicated server.

If a person wants leave the console they own turned on to host multiplayer matches let them do it.

Rebel Leader

Brimstone said:
One feature I wish developers included is the ability for someone to run a XB360 console as a dedicated server.

If a person wants leave the console they own turned on to host multiplayer matches let them do it.

I remember when RTCW had those

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I hope they fix the popup/LOD problems. My friends are showing interest on the 360version and I want to play with them.

D6AMIA6N

I like the graphics and gun sounds, however the control feels off. Also, when someone yells man down or whatever it sounds ridiculous.

EDIT: Clunky, totally

Brimstone said:

Only recent game from memory that did that was Warhawk. (for consoles) I remember doing that just for the trophy. :p

J-Roderton

Played my first Crysis 2 match tonight and never played it on PC before either. Had a blast with it. I think I need to get used to everything the suit can do though.

Mooreberg

The speed of the matchmaking is abysmal. And then I was glad it wasn't any faster once I started playing it. If the single player campaign is good I'll rent this down the line but it is well out of the purchase category at this point.

a0037809_4d3fe4dbc7a7f.jpg

Yep, it's running sub HD, but not without a reason.

I believe it is mostly due to the 10MB EDRAM limit, as 3 RTs of Crysis 2's deferred renderer would require 3 tiles to fit in with 22MB G-buffer size. (too much loss in performance) 1152 x 720 res will yield 19.9 MB G-buffer. (2 tiles) It'll be interesting to see how PS3 version turns out.

BTW, the game looks absolutely amazing. I was extremely impressed how good this game looks in such boring generic environment, all possible with real time GI the first time ever in video game!

I was never a fan of Crytek and their game, but I'm a believer now!!

Teknoman

Major Williams said:
Take time to get to know how to play the game, and you'll have a good time.

It's not rocket science, and does take a bit of time to get used to the different control scheme.

It's how you would aim in real life. Unless you were less than 10 feet away from someone, you would need to almost always look down the sights.

Exactly. Thats why I dont like playing FPS titles that force you to aim down the sights when standing right next to someone to hit them. Its not that I dont like the feature, but if you're going to use it...use it right. Seriously, try to use the assault rifle in close quarters without looking down the sight...even with controlled bursts you might hit the target once or twice.

Maybe its just the recoil needs fine tuning, because I could hit someone mid-far range with the shotgun using the crosshair.

The game does look really nice though.

That's the exact same image quality as Halo: Reach, isn't it?

I'm impressed they actually managed to get some AA running on top of it and still have near flawless framerate and controller response.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I NEED SCISSORS said:
That's the exact same image quality as Halo: Reach, isn't it?

I'm impressed they actually managed to get some AA running on top of it and still have near flawless framerate and controller response.
Yep, exact same resolution and type of AA as Reach.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
.hacked said:
sp demo?

Seemed fun enough, but I hate playing online.

I guess I am in the minority and only play games offline.

I'm the same as you. According to polls GameInformer did, most people (50-plus-something-%) still only play SP. It's just not reflected on a forum like this, or in the gaming media where there's many reasons why gaming reviewers focus on MP a lot on top of the SP.

40-plus-% is still a large a big audience. But personally I don't care super much about MP unless I am playing with close friends.

Daigoro

tried the demo out today. dont love it and dont hate it. it does feel somewhat clunky though. just feels kind of off somehow.

maybe ill give it a few more tries before i delete it. possibly a bargain purchase for me in the future.

Kibbles

MazingerDUDE said:
BTW, the game looks absolutely amazing. I was extremely impressed how good this game looks in such boring generic environment, all possible with real time GI the first time ever in video game!
What is 'real time GI'?

Nobody else got "Pier 17" yet? Are they going to unlock this thing or what. Sucks there are videos out there of people getting it, but I have yet to get it... looks like a far better map to play on =(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kibbles said:
What is 'real time GI'?

Nobody else got "Pier 17" yet? Are they going to unlock this thing or what. Sucks there are videos out there of people getting it, but I have yet to get it... looks like a far better map to play on =(

Global Illumination.

Presco

Daigoro said:
tried the demo out today. dont love it and dont hate it. it does feel somewhat clunky though. just feels kind of off somehow.

maybe ill give it a few more tries before i delete it. possibly a bargain purchase for me in the future.

Pretty much how I feel as well but I didn't play a ton to be honest. Looks great for a 360 game but the gameplay didn't click with me on the 360 pad. It feels better than killzone, but to use a word everyone else is using, the clunkiness is an issue. Hit detection seemed janky and certain actions like jump seemed to have a noticeable delay. Strangely, the thing that bothered me most was the surround sound implementation with footsteps. I'm sure few even noticed this but the separation between the right and left foot was hugely distracting for me using a headset. Left foot would only sound in left ear, right foot only in right ear. Drove me crazy!

Hope there will be a pc demo so I can try with kb/m. Praying some semblance of the original Crysis remains cause this game didn't feel much like the Crysis to me. Like how Reach doesn't feel like Halo if that makes sense.

Teknoman

Yeah, i'm surprised the shotgun didnt have a decent kickback to it...then again, you are in a super powerful nano-suit. Maybe its just the weapon sounds?

Teknoman said:
Yeah, i'm surprised the shotgun didnt have a decent kickback to it...then again, you are in a super powerful nano-suit. Maybe its just the weapon sounds?
damage output, controller vibration feedback, and sound. They were all kind of lacking. I also am not a fan of when you hit someone with a shot and it doesn't effect their movement or aim. Just being nitpicky, but I had fun still on the sidelines if this will be a day one I didn't enjoy the first Crysis' campaign.

Daigoro

yeah, whats up with the sound?

is it a function of the camo or something? a lot of sounds seemed muffled. sometimes i couldnt even hear when someone was shooting at me until i was dead.

very distracting.

wwm0nkey

Kibbles said:
What is 'real time GI'?

I wish I knew how to get onto Peir 17 :(

Demo was terrible.

+Jumping ability
+ Very nice graphics

- Cloaking is bleh
- Let's BLAST that loading music; sound effects in general are miffed
- MP is basically CoD perk system rehash
- Shooting is bad. Flat-out. It tries to be like KZ2 but has none of the satisfaction.
- Melee is cheap bullshit that feels broken.

MazingerDUDE said:

I believe it is mostly due to the 10MB EDRAM limit, as 3 RTs of Crysis 2's deferred renderer would require 3 tiles to fit in with 22MB G-buffer size. (too much loss in performance) 1152 x 720 res will yield 19.9 MB G-buffer. (2 tiles) It'll be interesting to see how PS3 version turns out.

So it's sub HD after all. Interesting. I agree that the game is extremely impressive in the lighting area.

And I'm calling it here, PS3 version will be 720p.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
DevelopmentArrested said:
- Shooting is bad. Flat-out. It tries to be like KZ2 but has none of the satisfaction.

I hope you're wrong about this, because the original has some of the best ballistics modelling and weapon feedback I've ever experienced.

schennmu said:
So it's sub HD after all. Interesting. I agree that the game is extremely impressive in the lighting area.

And I'm calling it here, PS3 version will be 720p.

Wut.

I mean, I really have no idea either way - but there is no indication that the PS3 version will be superior - especially given the complete lack of attention the PS3 version is being given hype/demo wise.

I'm calling it here, IF the PS3 version is 720p it will have some serious technical/performance flaws.

I think the '720p' part has all been a ploy - they probably think "well the image is 720 pixels high, so let's just call it 720p". Having temporal AA is great though, sure beats the "no AA" we were originally promised.

Unfortunately due to my Internet speed being shaped until Feb, I can only read impressions and watch youtube videos - but the game is looking shit hot to me.

I'm really liking the idea of COD + Halo + Abilities/Energy + amazing graphics. That being said, the melee looks overpowered... but seems necessary to capture the COD crowd. The menu music sounds fucking incredible too.

I hope the game does extremely well, I want someone to benefit from the COD formula that isn't Activision with annual sequels and technical laziness.

Reallink

I'm liking the MP, it's quite fun with pretty much everybody being a noob. Not sure what other modes and options are in retail, but this one seems like it's going to be horribly unbalanced, mostly devolving into stealth-camo camp fests. Some games are already at that point a whole 2 days into the demo.

Kibbles

divisionbyzorro said:
ELPRESADOR is something of a joke commentator mostly known for bombastic Call of Duty commentary and vehement anti-camper rants. He's always good for a laugh.
Ah yes, so I see. Been watching some after seeing that Crysis video lol. I always though this guy was like a huge ps3 fanboy joke character though and was always trashing 360, now I see videos of him playing 360 Black Ops and Crysis 2 demo? Took me by surprise. :p

MazingerDUDE said:
http://pds21.egloos.com/pds/201101/26/09/a0037809_4d3fe4dbc7a7f.jpg

Temporal AA? Yuck, no wonder the game looked blurry & not in a good sense like have object based motion blur.
Doesn't Temporal AA also have inherently more lag than other forms of AA?

Top Bottom