Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

JB1981 said:
The map is terrible and I there is something fuzzy, muddy and indistinct about the visual presentation. I feel like I strain to see what is going on. There is no battlefield clarity.
I agree. I don't know if it's the jaggies or what but everything is very muddled and difficult to take in.

Combat feels janky too. Too much competition in this space and not good enough for me.
 

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got it to work by deleting the save it made.

edit: And after one match where I got it in and it ended in less then two minutes, I go into another match and it freezes, fuck this shit.
 
old?

Crysis 2 PC multiplayer demo confirmed.

Should I make a new thread?

http://twitter.com/#!/Crysis/status/30759160287076352

At this time, Crytek & EA are glad to confirm that we'll be releasing a pre-launch Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on PC! Stay tuned for details.
 
So any idea when the demo ends? Looks like 1-2 weeks before I can download and play this due to shaped Internet.

Also can someone give a brief rundown on weapons/perks/killstreaks and whether there are sniper rifles and how they feel? Really very interested in "future COD" but no way to play - and my Internet at the moment is far too slow to even watch YouTube.
 
Stripper13 said:
So any idea when the demo ends? Looks like 1-2 weeks before I can download and play this due to shaped Internet.

Also can someone give a brief rundown on weapons/perks/killstreaks and whether there are sniper rifles and how they feel? Really very interested in "future COD" but no way to play - and my Internet at the moment is far too slow to even watch YouTube.
http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/1/demo

When does the demo end?

The demo ends at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Friday, February 4th.
 
Strider2K99 said:
old?

Crysis 2 PC multiplayer demo confirmed.

Should I make a new thread?

http://twitter.com/#!/Crysis/status/30759160287076352
If you do please name the thread "Good news everyone, Crysis 2 is getting a PC demo"

And I also hope they either get servers up for the demo or fix up the netcode. Preferably both.
 
Played a few rounds of this last night. Not particularly impressed, I must say.

The overall impression of the visuals isn't too hot. Maybe they should have scaled back the detail to get a cleaner and smoother picture. I wasn't expecting it to look so... messy.

It plays decently enough, but I think it would feel a lot better on PC. Not hugely interested in Crysis multiplayer anyway. I'm far more interested in the campaign. I'll check out the PC demo when it releases, hoping for th best.

This reminds me of the Xbox ports of Half Life 2 and Doom 3. It just doesn't feel like you're getting the proper experience.
 
Poimandres said:
It plays decently enough, but I think it would feel a lot better on PC.
I dunno. I cannot see Mouse and Keyboard making the game feel any differently. It will still feel floaty and CoD/KZ2 like. The PC is only going to up the graphics, not make it feel like a new game.
 
Enkidu said:
http://i.imgur.com/DvLx8.png[IMG]
Publishers don't like it when people keep playing their demos 8 years and several sequels later.[/QUOTE]
indeed they don't

but this is ending not even a month after being released

I understand taking down the demo 2 or hell 1 year after the full games release, but a demo with a barely 1 month limit?

just call it a bloody beta then, maybe that's what it is (a rather limited beta mind you) and there will be an actual SP demo, idk

althrough playing the BF2142 demo, quite a few years after release made me buy it, so there are some benefits to keeping demos runing, no idea if they outweigh the cost
 
I just watched the start of the Giantbomb Quicklook today and ended up shutting it off after about 3 minutes.

I just couldn't take it.

They epitomize everything I hate about gaming journalism.
 
I know this game represents some of the best PC visuals around, but playing it on the 360 was just so fun and satisfying. I wasn't going to buy it immediately before, but now, day one.
 
Stallion Free said:
I just watched the start of the Giantbomb Quicklook today and ended up shutting it off after about 3 minutes.

I just couldn't take it.

They epitomize everything I hate about gaming journalism.

I cannot understand how those fools still have a job. Completely useless and ignorant.
 

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Stallion Free said:
I just watched the start of the Giantbomb Quicklook today and ended up shutting it off after about 3 minutes.

I just couldn't take it.

They epitomize everything I hate about gaming journalism.
Giant Bomb quick looks are celebrations of ignorance and incompetence. They could actually be informative if they did a tutorial beforehand off the air or just had someone with a brain play each game, but that's apparently beyond their means. Always extremely painful to watch.
 
Raide said:
I dunno. I cannot see Mouse and Keyboard making the game feel any differently. It will still feel floaty and CoD/KZ2 like. The PC is only going to up the graphics, not make it feel like a new game.
Funnily enough, I can't get into COD on console but it feels good on PC for me. Anything remotely "twitchy" needs a mouse and keyboard.

Not that this is particularly twitchy. It's actually a little slow for my liking. Something about it just doesn't feel right to me, and I hope that's not the case with the PC version.
 
EviLore said:
Giant Bomb quick looks are celebrations of ignorance and incompetence. They could actually be informative if they did a tutorial beforehand off the air or just had someone with a brain play each game, but that's apparently beyond their means. Always extremely painful to watch.
Instead of going onto a forum to bitch about what someone else is doing, when doing the "right" thing is supposedly so easy, get a capture card and YouTube account and do better yourself.
 
Sharkington said:
Instead of going onto a forum to bitch about what someone else is doing, when doing the "right" thing is supposedly so easy, get a capture card and YouTube account and do better yourself.

Get me a decent paycheck and consider it done.

Edit: There's also a difference between trying to do something and faling, and just being ignorant about something you do because you're stupid/lazy.

These guys don't even try to get information about the games they're playing. "Hey, it's the something something game, where stuff happens and I think you can do things, I don't know, I didn't really try"
Really? If it's your job, at least TRY to know something about the game you're talking about on the internet
 
Sharkington said:
Instead of going onto a forum to bitch about what someone else is doing, when doing the "right" thing is supposedly so easy, get a capture card and YouTube account and do better yourself.
Oh please. Giantbomb is supposedly paid-professionals who churn out some of the most unprofessional work with a glaring amount of ignorance. Plenty of people do do quicklook style stuff on youtube and even narrated video walkthroughs can be used for similar purposes, but those people aren't paid and they don't garner the attention that paid media does even though the quality is significantly higher.

But really, do try to defend them.
 
practice02 said:
really you are going to be one of those 'it looks' people you know the demo is free.
don't own a 360. not going to go out of my way to play this either.

dLMN8R said:
So how much of Crysis did you play?
played the entire mediocre game through once, and then half way through again on another account. are you catching feelings for it?
 
Stallion Free said:
Oh please. Giantbomb is supposedly paid-professionals who churn out some of the most unprofessional work with a glaring amount of ignorance. Plenty of people do do quicklook style stuff on youtube and even narrated video walkthroughs can be used for similar purposes, but those people aren't paid and they don't garner the attention that paid media does even though the quality is significantly higher.

But really, do try to defend them.
I don't know why them being paid changes anything. It's not like it's your money going to waste.
 
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I don't know why them being paid changes anything. It's not like it's your money going to waste.

Someone was comparing youtube videomakers to paid "professionals" which makes a big difference.

Also, if you have any kind of dignity, you should try to at least do a good job when you're paid to do something.
 
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I don't know why them being paid changes anything. It's not like it's your money going to waste.
If I was paid to do that job I would put more effort into it than they do. You know integrity and all that bullshit. They are hurting game sales with what they are currently doing though. More than one person was turned off of Bloody Good Time because they watched a QL where they had no fucking clue what they were doing and made the game "look boring." Of course the game is a real pleasure if you put the 15 or so minutes in to figure out all the gameplay twists.
 

luka

Loves Robotech S1
(._.) said:
game looks as boring as the first one only with console graphics. ELPRESADOR's gameplay video made it entertaining though.
The same boring gameplay that made me play through the first one over 15 times? Sign me up!
 
God, this game is such shit. When you get the drop on someone and are able to unload three shotgun blasts into his back, they shouldn't be able to turn around and apparently kill you with two bullets from an assault rifle.

In fact, every encounter in this game feels like a toss up. It's seriously one of the most inconsistent games I've played in the last few years. Will it take one shotgun shot to kill someone this time, or half a clip? Enemies ragdoll a full second after they die, causing you to waste ammo on "dead" players. Killcams are seriously janky, showing enemies not even hitting me. Also, apparently they have a special assault rifle that kills with only a few bullets, even though I'm shooting them point-blank in the face with a shotgun. COD4 got killcams right over three years ago. It's unacceptable that Crysis 2 can't even match it in that regard.

The melee is completely laughable as well. People charge through a hail of bullets only to weakly punch you in the chest, arms flailing about wildly. And forget about using sound to your advantage.

And that's even if you can find a playable game without losing connection. I don't know if all these problems are caused by lag, or even if they'll be fixed in the final game, but god, what a massive disappointment. If you're going to steal anything from COD, at least take their passable netcode. Crytek should've kept this game on the PC if they're weren't able to make it work on console hardware.
 
Stallion Free said:
I just watched the start of the Giantbomb Quicklook today and ended up shutting it off after about 3 minutes.

I just couldn't take it.

They epitomize everything I hate about gaming journalism.
What did they do in the QL?
 
woop woop swag

no pc demo would have been a really dumb decision on Crytek's part for this game, glad to hear it's coming. Hope the netcode is better than the 360's (from what I've read here).

Will player count be 6v6 on pc too?
 
Stallion Free said:
Oh please. Giantbomb is supposedly paid-professionals who churn out some of the most unprofessional work with a glaring amount of ignorance. Plenty of people do do quicklook style stuff on youtube and even narrated video walkthroughs can be used for similar purposes, but those people aren't paid and they don't garner the attention that paid media does even though the quality is significantly higher.

But really, do try to defend them.
Um....they're funny?

Well, I think they're funny. I've never considered them previews or walkthroughs though. Just gameplay footage with random and often amusing discussion on top.
 
Discotheque said:
Will player count be 6v6 on pc too?
If its the same map you better hope it is. Its too crowded as it is with 6 people on each team.
The Antitype said:
Um....they're funny?

Well, I think they're funny. I've never considered them previews or walkthroughs though. Just gameplay footage with random and often amusing discussion on top.
Same here but they are still frequently wrong and inaccurate. But that's why I watch those videos, for their personality. They are worthless as a source of information or insight.
 
I think the 4th the exclusivity will end and the demo will release on PC and maybe PS3 and Pier 17 will unlock for everyone, 360 just got the early demo for Skyline, but unlock Pier 17 with everyone else and the demo ending by launch. Crytek said the masses can't unlock pier 17 "yet", and said to way until the 4th for an announcement on what will come of the demo, and wih the announcement of a PC demo, that's what I'm thinking is going to happen.

Whew, iTouch ftw...
 
Wow, I've been exclusively playing this since Tuesday, and just went back to a game of Black Ops...it make me appreciate Black Ops so much more. The frame rate is so smooth...the hit detection is so much better...

I reached max level for the demo, and really, I still can't get past the fact that it doesn't feel like I'm hitting anyone when I'm shooting, or doing a melee kill. I like the traversal and movement/parkour type stuff, but the core mechanic of shooting and killing people is so unsatisfying.

I'll definitely try out the PC demo...hope dedicated servers fixes most of these issues. It will have server support on PC, right?
 

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Crysis just crashed on me when arriving the aircraft carrier (Steam faults, coz it crashed too afterwards), so i decide to check the Crysis 2 thread in GAF and OHMYGOD CRYSIS 2 DEMO FOR PC!!!!
 

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
The downfall of Crysis 1's multiplayer, actually, was in its netcode. There was a lot of warping and extremely spotty hit detection. Otherwise the Power Struggle mode would've been amazing, since it was like BF2 with a monetary system, suit powers, and handheld nuclear missile launchers.
 
EviLore said:
The downfall of Crysis 1's multiplayer, actually, was in its netcode. There was a lot of warping and extremely spotty hit detection. Otherwise the Power Struggle mode would've been amazing, since it was like BF2 with a monetary system, suit powers, and handheld nuclear missile launchers.
I hope they bring that back, but without the lag. The console lag doesn't bode well for the PC version though.
 
EviLore said:
The downfall of Crysis 1's multiplayer, actually, was in its netcode. There was a lot of warping and extremely spotty hit detection. Otherwise the Power Struggle mode would've been amazing, since it was like BF2 with a monetary system, suit powers, and handheld nuclear missile launchers.
I loved punching people in the head. Even though it was extremely buggy, I played a couple hundred hours of multiplayer.