• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Open Beta starting Jan 29th

KyleN

Banned
BETA D​ETAILS

The Crysis 3 Multiplayer Open Beta will be released on Jan 29th, available to everyone on the PC, XBOX360 and PS3 platforms!

The beta is designed to give you just a taste of the full Crysis 3 multiplayer experience, and help the development team collect your valuable feedback.

In the Crysis 3 Beta, you’ll be able to suit up, team up with your friends, level up to rank 10, and customize your Nanosuit with different weapons, attachments and suit modules.

BETA MULTIPLAYER MODES

Hunter Mode:

This multiplayer game mode is all about the survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially comprised of two permanently cloaked “Hunters”, and up to fourteen CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.

Crash Site Mode:

This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a “Pinger”, a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful, other players can hijack the Pinger while you’re inside of it!

BETA MAPS:

Museum:

Roam the dark Ruins of Musem in downtown Manhattan and use the verticality to your advantage.

Airport:

Close to the financial district, nature has taken over buildings and planes in this open fields area.

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/beta

Tutorial Video
My own video from the Beta

Beta Screenshots:
iwjahbdNVt5mt.png

i1z1J11GHwm8V.png

iHGScrtGYu3Jw.png

ibeOetPs6SV8sQ.png

Xanathus

I'm not getting scammed again, PC and possibly 360 multi-player matches are going to be rife with aimbots and wallhackers.

OrangeOak

Crysis 2 multiplayer wasn't that bad but cloak was most definitely overpowered and annoying.
I hope it's different this time around.

Feature

Banned
Wasn't the MP for crysis 2 an absolute fiasco? I remember seeing that even pirated copies could just go online and therefor it was hack galore without being able to ban the hackers?

was real bad

Because of the netcode or matchmaking? If you're referring to the gameplay itself then I don't understand; the maps were really well designed and felt 10 times more "interactive" than the static environments in any COD game. You can actually climb up and power jump on top of things to find vantage points. The balance of gunplay and perks was also generally quite good. Movement feels smoother than any fps I've ever played.

Nokterian

The PC version was the worst in terms of MP with Crysis 2 en badly supported. You needed to login with Gamespy + CD Key. A horrible server list. You needed to wait for enough people in a list to play and this was on dedicated servers...

Valnen

Because of the netcode or matchmaking? If you're referring to the gameplay itself then I don't understand; the maps were really well designed and felt 10 times more "interactive" than the static environments in any COD game. You can actually climb up and power jump on top of things to find vantage points. The balance of gunplay and perks was also generally quite good. Movement feels smoother than any fps I've ever played.

From everything I've heard the gameplay was incredible. Kinda sucks that people thought it was garbage.

From everything I've heard the gameplay was incredible. Kinda sucks that people thought it was garbage.

I think it was the netcode mixed with the frustrating learning curve. If you don't use cloak/power armor then you're pretty much screwed. But once you get over the hump you start completely owning newer players. My kill death ratio got up to over 2:1 on 360. I later bought it on pc and liked it even better but my ratio wasn't quite as good.

Spiders

Sweet, can't wait to play it!

Crysis 2 MP was pretty fun, even though I played the demo a lot more than the full game.

Ruze789

This sounds like fun, I enjoyed the C2 MP demo enough to buy the game and played it a decent amount. Haven't touched it in ages, after I let my brother in law borrow it. Is the MP still alive for it?

This sounds like fun, I enjoyed the C2 MP demo enough to buy the game and played it a decent amount. Haven't touched it in ages, after I let my brother in law borrow it. Is the MP still alive for it?

On PC you can almost always find a game in the server browser. On 360 I doubt it is, the matchmaking is awful so i don't think many people play anymore. Doesn't hurt to try though.

They've added some great additions in the Crysis 3 alpha. Didn't experiment with much (only a couple weapon options, no customization) but the energy is now split between cloak and armor rather than just 1 bar. You don't drain energy for sprinting (and maybe jumping? I forget). Also, the bow is an awesome addition and everyone has ground stomp now; it is no longer a perk. The guns also have better feedback, and the snipers especially have more of a "pop" to them. The grenade's arcs have also changed, feel a lot better now.

edit: oh, they also have alien weapons (and vehicles) dispersed throughout the maps akin to Halo.

Ruze789

On PC you can almost always find a game in the server browser. On 360 I doubt it is, the matchmaking is awful so i don't think many people play anymore. Doesn't hurt to try though.

I have it on 360. I don't remember matchmaking being bad when I played it, but that was probably for the first 3-5 months after I got it. Maybe I'll just skip trying 2 again and snag the demo for 3.

ekim

it looks great from a technical standpoint but the art style and direction is not mine. Looks like there is too much on the screen. :(

Top Bottom