• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majanew

Banned
Hmmm. Alot of aliens in that trailer, really didn't enjoy fighting the aliens in the first two games. I want to kill people dammit :(

Yes, the aliens in Crysis fucking suck. You'd think Crytek would actually play the game and realize how fucking much it sucks fighting them. Not fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yes, the aliens in Crysis fucking suck. You'd think Crytek would actually play the game and realize how fucking much it sucks fighting them. Not fun.

Like I said before, they sucked in 1 (to the point of making Act 3 insufferable) but were good in 2.

Grisby

The New York dome kinda looks like that opening shot of the 'New' New York dome from the Final Fantasy Spirits Within movie.

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing now it wasn't New York But some place different. Eh, I liked 2 a whole lot so this should be pretty entertaining.

I wish I knew why Crysis 2 looked like one of the best games running un my 360 yet at the same time I hated the look. Can't explain it but this has that same look. My eyes, I don't understand them.

Wow, the graphics look great in motion (even if a lot of things are going on and the trailer is over-edited); it still reminds of Crysis 2 but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully it isn't more than just Crysis 2.5 and we see a proper gameplay trailer later.

This just looks like someone used the editor to insert random trees into Crysis 2. It's sad that they've taken Crysis in completely the wrong direction from a level design perspective, but I guess it's got to be able to run on consoles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Good graphics, mediocre art direction. You're normal.
I still don't see what is mediocre about the art direction. It looks fantastic and features a lot of interesting designs.

Both Crysis and Crysis 2 have excellent art direction.

RooMHM

I still don't see what is mediocre about the art direction. It looks fantastic and features a lot of interesting designs.

Some people say art direction for IQ... I know I know it's shameful.

Nizz

I can't see whats happening :/
Yeah, I hate these super quick cuts in trailers. :/ What was there looked great though. I'm guessing that was PC footage?

I fear for the console framerates though. Sounds like they're squeezing in new features but I hope not at the expense of how the game runs. I loved Crysis 1 and 2 regardless. Loved the more open areas that let you take on enemies how you wished instead of following a rigid set piece with no options to tackle the situation how you like.

The more and more I post on neogaf, the more I think other gaffers think it makes them look cool and smart to convince themselves they hate awesome stuff.

Dabanton

Some of you guys are amazing we have seen almost nothing of the game and people are writing it off already?

The game is due out next year what dev would be crazy enough to show all the money shots?

dark10x

Play Crysis 1. You'll see how bad the aliens can be.
Or Far Cry which is much MUCH worse than any Crysis game.

Now THIS is bad art direction
trigen.jpg

review_crysis_2_campaign_005.jpg

1015_crysis3.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Some of you guys are amazing we have seen almost nothing of the game and people are writing it off already?

The game is due out next year what dev would be crazy enough to show all the money shots?
To really see how this compares in terms of gameplay to the other ones we really need a gameplay walkthrough. Things like multiple approaches, versatility of suit powers, and weapon customization don't fit well into a trailer. This trailer may not have been as good as it could have been but we should probably wait until E3 or Gamescom to see how it compares with the rest of the series.

You mean their marketing has to step it up? Sure, the trailer was choppy as hell and I would've loved to see more gameplay, but they've clearly stepped up their visuals. It pains me that people don't see this.

I said gameplay not visuals. The gameplay is much more dynamic in Crysis1/Warhead, more freedom and a bigger playground.

Tacitus_

I do have a question.. how the hell do aliens of superior technology get raped by Humans?

Nanotech (or at least the suit) was retconned to be of alien origin in Crysis 2.

Now how in the fuck do the koreans have suits in Crysis 1? Cheap knockoffs or otherwise?
I know, taking crysis lore seriously is silly

Throw me in team "This looks like a C2 expansion pack". I'm sure the full game will have an enjoyable, lengthy campaign and new additions to MP and shit, but it has that yearly-sequel feel where it doesn't seem like its own game. I would expect a gameplay reveal trailer not to bother wasting any of its incredibly short run-time showing off weapons and animations we already saw in C2.

dark10x

That looks straight-up like a Crysis 2 expansion, a bit disappointed for the time being.

Why is this line of thinking being applied here? I don't get it.

If this were the case wouldn't that make nearly every game an expansion these days?

What makes this look like an expansion pack versus any other shooter?

Alxjn

Nanotech (or at least the suit) was retconned to be of alien origin in Crysis 2.

Now how in the fuck do the koreans have suits in Crysis 1? Cheap knockoffs or otherwise?
I know, taking crysis lore seriously is silly

Why do the Koreans have suits?
Hargreave. He orchestrated the events of C1.

dark10x

Why do the Koreans have suits?
Hargreave. He orchestrated the events of C1.
To be fair, everything was retconned simply because the writer of Crysis 2 had nothing to do with the original. He took elements of the first game and forced them into a completely different, unrelated story.

Why is this line of thinking being applied here? I don't get it.

If this were the case wouldn't that make nearly every game an expansion these days?

What makes this look like an expansion pack versus any other shooter?

I think it's the bit about how keeping the game in NYC allows them to reuse a ton of assets (even with the vegetation overgrowth), and that the enemies are the same from Crysis 2 (despite the time skip). I think most were hoping they'd abandon the urban backdrop as it was seen as a big departure from the first game. They've promised quite a bit of variety, but their PR is only showing areas that look strikingly similar to Crysis 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom