• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered free update is live now with next-gen enhancements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

cyen

I never said they were evil, but these mandates have existed before. AC Unity devs have gone on record saying they wanted parity. I can promise you that the xsx version of MLB The Show will not be better than the PS5 version in any way. Resolution or framerate. It doesnt make Sony evil. Just that they have a mandate.

Anyway, this clip shows that the framerate is dropping to 52 and staying there for a while despite DRS dropping to 1440p or below. Clearly the xsx is not able to hit 1440p 60 fps here so the lower bound is probably somewhere in the 1080p 60 fps range despite it being marketed as a native 4k 60 fps mode.

FEQJT9s.jpg
e

Either you didn't saw the video or making your own assessment. Dropping to 52fps on that scene doesn't automatically means it's running at 1440p its not how Dr's works.

Can't wait for the 900p 60fps on PS5 then if XSX should be at 1080p.

Mr Moose

Either you didn't saw the video or making your own assessment. Dropping to 52fps on that scene doesn't automatically means it's running at 1440p its not how Dr's works.

I thought that's how DRS works? It lowers res when detecting frame drops and if the lowest it's set to is 1440p, it'll hit that and then drop more frames, is that not correct? :pie_thinking:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

if the framerate is dropping then we can be sure that the resolution has already dropped. its not a bug where the drs isnt working. I am watching the video right now and John says he counted below 1440p in one instance. Then Alex and him discuss how the lower bound on the DRS is not low enough. They are saying the same thing I am. that the DRS needs to go far below 1440p.

I dont give a shit what the PS5 version is at. If its lower bound needs to be 900p then good thats a more accurate comparison then.

Ouch, 300 more pixels is that right? not sure how the res works from that perspective but is the power gap showing?
What size TV do I need to see this difference, rocking a 65" so will make any future buying decisions based on that and any DS support.
BC Mode.

Xbox One X 4k
Ps4 Pro 1800p.

This is very disappointing to me. I was a PC gamer around the time this game was released and never was able to run it full tilt. Left PC gaming in 2009 and never looked back, so the idea of this game being on next-gen hardware with enchantments was quite appealing, yet here we are.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great and plays really smoothly on Series X with VRR in RT mode. It feels like a solid 60 the vast majority of the time, and the village section ran smoothly which I was really surprised with.

Does anyone know how to not dual wield pistols??

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Damn, Series S drops to mid 40s and even lower in the 1080p 60 fps performance mode. And thats with DRS dropping below 1080p.

Why is DF no longer counting pixels when frames drop?

I thought the whole point of using dynamic resolution scaling was to maintain a stable framerate.

It's the same issue we saw with AC Valhalla on the XSX during the torch segment and other combat sections with lots going on. Their lower bound was 1440p and dropping it to 1080p worked.

For some reason, xbox series x seems to be struggling with alpha effects. Just like how Hitman runs flawlessly at native 4k 60 fps and then completely shits the bed anytime you fire a sniper rifle which creates smoke, sparks and debris effects or if you start interacting with the foliage. It's possible the PS5's higher clocks are helping with this but its hard to say since aside from Valhalla, the resolutions have been lower leaving more headroom on the PS5 version.

It will be interesting to see the comparisons when the PS5 version rolls around. I am guessing we will see the same resolution drops but slightly better framerate because its already at 1800p.

Last edited:

Concern

They'll never get this game to run right lol. Just throw in the towel and remaster 2 for us with the multiplayer.

Mr Moose

There is no excuses this end, the only excuse seems to be PS5 can't do backwards compatibility in the same league as Xbox, it's not even close.
Software BC seems to have some benefits over hardware BC, though in this case it's just "we'll just use the res from last gen" rather than "boost that shit to 120fps".

silent head

It did and still runs this game up to 4k, unlike PS5.
XWPDimM.jpg

there's the quality mode, aiming for a dynamic 4K on Xbox One X (with a 1080p minimum). The PS4 Pro equivalent there is a dynamic 1800p, with a 900p minimum - though I should stress that the minimums seem rather rare. Next up is the
performance mode - this uncaps the frame-rate while reducing the maximum resolution to 1080p on both enhanced machine
Lastly, we have ray tracing mode. This enables Crytek's impressive software-based ray tracing solution applied to select objects. In this case, on both machines, maximum resolution is dropped to 1080p while minimum is 900p. The vanilla consoles deliver the performance mode's visual feature set with a 30fps cap - got it

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Just started playing, it's a very basic upgrade, it still runs off an external HDD so it's still using XDK. Even the tile isn't even updated, it still lists as an Xbox One game not even One X enhanced.

The DF article states that "As for PlayStation 5 - we're looking at this as soon as the game updates but pre-release, Crytek told us to expect 1080p60 in performance and RT modes and 1800p60 in quality mode...Those resolution limits tie into PS4 Pro's equivalent outputs".

So I guess one of them is wrong. The XSX/XSS can have parameters altered that the PS5 backwards compatibility software cannot.
Yes, absolutely. They can add whatever features, modes and resolution in the Xbox series version running in BC (seen in Cyberpunk, Series X has an exclusive quality 30fps mode). The only thing they seem they can do on PS5 is uncap the framerate.

Top Bottom