• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered free update is live now with next-gen enhancements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Honestly couldn't see any difference & HDR is still broken

VFXVeteran

Banned
Why is there a 46% performance difference in the Quality mode but no difference whatsoever in Ray tracing mode?

Ray tracing should scale the same.
I have no idea what their software RT is doing but it looks non-existant. The quality mode is probably doing some higher texture res which would require more GPU bandwidth. They may be also pushing out the LOD shadows further in quality mode.

VFXVeteran

Banned
people need to start being honest if they are using dynamic res. Its not “4k” if your game can only hit that resolution 5 percent of the time. So blatantly dishonest
Yep, these new consoles are completely GPU-limited right now with the simplest of games and that's going to bite in the future. They literally aren't powerful enough to rasterize native 4k pixels at a locked 60FPS.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This game even good or just a meme-worthy metric of performance? Near locked 30fps 1080p with Ray Tracing on Series S looks decent.

OyUDmPd.gif
TP7Ih3T.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

I uploaded some screenshots to my twitter for those interested

Yeah I feel ripped off

EDIT: FWIW the last image is Quality mode the rest are RT on

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yep, these new consoles are completely GPU-limited right now with the simplest of games and that's going to bite in the future. They literally aren't powerful enough to rasterize native 4k pixels at a locked 60FPS.
I think it depends on the game. But crysis is a very old game. It was demanding back in the day, But it shouldnt be dropping frames on high resolutions on an xbox series x of all machines

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Why can’t this game run stable? What garbage.
I gambled and bought the digital remaster a while back for the ps4 pro and it was barely playable. I tried to get a refund but it was like getting blood out of a stone!

Never will I buy a digital game again and I'll never buy a physical game without watching a few reviews first!

Nyxir

I gambled and bought the digital remaster a while back for the ps4 pro and it was barely playable. I tried to get a refund but it was like getting blood out of a stone!

Never will I buy a digital game again and I'll never buy a physical game without watching a few reviews first!
PlayStation doesn’t have an actual refund process. That’s why they removed CyberPunk from the online store.

Banned
The DF article states that "As for PlayStation 5 - we're looking at this as soon as the game updates but pre-release, Crytek told us to expect 1080p60 in performance and RT modes and 1800p60 in quality mode...Those resolution limits tie into PS4 Pro's equivalent outputs".

So I guess one of them is wrong. The XSX/XSS can have parameters altered that the PS5 backwards compatibility software cannot.

PS5 can too we saw this in some games already, but developers seem to not give a shit to actually do it.
noone is keeping developers from adding a new mode into the PS4 pro version, and then locking it out of the menu and only show the option on PS5. we know they can change menus specifically for PS5 (again we saw this already) so noone is stopping them from patching in a 4K mode into the PS4 Pro version and then simply only displaying the option to chose it on PS5.

saintjules

VRR is a godsend

Agreed. I can't remember the game, but there was one John did an analysis on that I was playing and he was like you virtually see no issues when VRR is on. And I said, that must be why since I'm on the C9. It must have been on the Series X - I'll have to try to remember the game.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I think its playable.

I utterly hated it on Pro and wanted my cash back. Then I redownloaded it on PS5 and it was still gutter trash. But now? Its doable. Still far from perfect. Blood has been flicked off by default for a reason, the framerate tanks more often if you enable it lol. Game also chugs when you enable a checkpoint, which likely means the game isn't optimized for SSD at all. The old suit controls make the game far better by default, the new ones were absolutely awful. I like to grab a shotgun, and stay mostly in speed mode. And yeah, shotgun still feels fine. You pop fools left and right with ease. I like how you can juggle between powers like PC now. I dominated that double tank set piece at the house.

I didn't die and I'm at Left Behind I think. On Pro I died nearly every encounter because of the awful lag, framerate and pretty much everything. The aiming is still shit though, but as I said shotgun feels fine. Its more playable than the previous build, its the first time I didn't delete this shit. But on next-gen it should've been more of an upgrade than this, still last-gen at its core.

Last edited:

Fake

Is...Is this a win for anyone?

No. Watch the Digital Foundry video. Not a locked 60 in any of the mods, pop in, still some bugs to fix, not to mention the PC version suffer from the same problem.

Is a PS360 port, so IMO PC players should stick with the original one.

WildBoy

Dips and dips.

Series X
Quality: 50-60fps
Performance: Smooth 60fps with very few dips
Ray-tracing: does't hit the 60fps target (the worst mode in performance terms)

Series S
Quality: Below 30fps target
Performance: 40-50fps
Ray-tracing: hits 30fps fairy well (the best mode here)

Conclusion:

About the resolution differeces.

Just like I guessed and happened in a lot other games like Avengers.
That is some bending

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wait, I thought series s was false advertising, how is it hitting 4k? Or ray tracing at 1080p?
Impossible, the hardware is like from 2003, holding back next gen, not enough ram, etc,etc, bla bla, bla......

I was kind of expecting something like

-4K/30fps Quality mode
-1440p/60fps Performance mode
-1440p/30fps/RT mode
-1080p/60fps/RT mode

Instead they went with some weird middle ground stuff that doesn't stick to 60fps. The 1080p/60 not being locked is pretty disappointing. I was considering getting this in the Xbox Spring Sale but I think I'm gonna pass and hopefully they'll release a full next gen native version in a few months from now or something.

ethomaz

Banned
Lol, even the ps5 isn't hitting 4k, does that mean it's not next gen, false advertising?
"Those resolution limits tie into PS4 Pro's equivalent outputs, if you're wondering why they're lower than Series X."

Yes it is a BC patch.

You asked about Series S

"Xbox Series S? I feel 2160p is too high a target, even with a capped 30fps - there are too many dips beneath and at this low frame-rate, VRR cannot help the experience."

It doesn't hit 4k and keep dropping both resolution below 4k and framerate below 30fps.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Oh my XSS with Raytracing? I am guessing the Switch comparisons are getting less and less apt.

That's a plus. Watching the DF video though I feel like this is one of the worst optimized games on XSS so far. In most titles there is a nice uplift over the 1X in some way or another. Maybe the resolution is lower but at higher framerate, or the settings are better, etc. This seems like they tried to put the 1X modes on their directly, in backcompat mode no less, and they run like garbage. Which isn't surprising since in backcompat mode you basically have a 4TF GCN part vs. a 6TF GCN part. Unless I missed something all together.

SkylineRKR

That's a plus. Watching the DF video though I feel like this is one of the worst optimized games on XSS so far. In most titles there is a nice uplift over the 1X in some way or another. Maybe the resolution is lower but at higher framerate, or the settings are better, etc. This seems like they tried to put the 1X modes on their directly, in backcompat mode no less, and they run like garbage. Which isn't surprising since in backcompat mode you basically have a 4TF GCN part vs. a 6TF GCN part. Unless I missed something all together.

Probably. If you don't factor in CPU and SSD and the next-gen architecture in general, then all thats left is a weaker GPU in the Series S. The game doesn't tap into the new hardware at all.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
What a lazy "upgrade". These new consoles should perform much better than last gen consoles.

SkylineRKR

What a lazy "upgrade". These new consoles should perform much better than last gen consoles.

The last gen version was unplayable for me, it went to playable. This game should run like this on 1X and Pro, and PS5/SX should run it far better than it does. Perhaps even 120hz at 1080p or something. But its lazy.

Reactions: TLZ

MonarchJT

Banned

Dips and dips.

Series X
Quality: 50-60fps
Performance: Smooth 60fps with very few dips
Ray-tracing: does't hit the 60fps target (the worst mode in performance terms)

Series S
Quality: Below 30fps target
Performance: 40-50fps
Ray-tracing: hits 30fps fairy well (the best mode here)

Conclusion:

About the resolution differeces.

Just like I guessed and happened in a lot other games like Avengers.
I don't understand why gamers keep apologizing for a console design deficit. It's no one's problem if the games run at a lower resolution than the competition other than Sony's

Fake

I don't understand why people even care about this shit. Crysis is one of my favorite games and this is one the worst ports I ever see.

No way someone is giving money from a company who port an already ported version. In fact, is very funny PC players experience the Xbox 360 version on their PC.

There are no winners here.

I don't understand why people even care about this shit. Crysis is one of my favorite games and this is one the worst ports I ever see.

No way someone is giving money from a company who port an already ported version. In fact, is very funny PC players experience the Xbox 360 version on their PC.

There are no winners here.
You people are so overdramatic.

Top Bottom