• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered - so far the most most appealing visuals in games so far

Some people see a bunch of bullet points, and an inefficient engine and placebo themselves into believing something is spectacular. This probably happens with people who should be graphics experts too. Like wine experts they fool themselves into believing the bullet points make a difference.

Lethal01

You're so funny

Ori-4.png

yL1QGji.jpg

RT is a great tool to allow devs to achieve the look they want. but it doesn't equal something that looks good.
Even if I were to compare CRysis to realistic games there are tons of others that have far more appealing environmental design in addition to a realistic look.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not going to indulge in this for many reasons. 1) People are hating that it's Crysis and has the nerve to come back. 2) Bad Reviews gave people even more incentive to trash the game. 3) Most people here don't know good graphics tech when they see it. It absolutely has the best RT GI of any game and there is no game that has better lighting (save FS2020). I can find the famous "soul glow" light probe GI in every other game that people just ignore. 4) People are comparing this game to other games on a subjective level hence there is never going to be a general agreement. 5) Lastly, people read up on the gameplay shortcomings and automatically judge the graphics of the game to be garbage.. I can't get into that kind of twisted thinking..

Who cares if it technically has the most advanced X and Y if the overall end result looks worse and more dated than many other games? Which is a subjective opinion, yes, but one that many seem to share.

GymWolf

Maybe it's a technical marvel (not even sure about that but i trust our veteran) but the art style is so fucking dull that it doesn't impress me at all.

Maybe playing the game on my pc would make much difference but from the screens here doesn't really look better than rdr2 or horizon or metro or the last tomb raider or even days gone.

Maybe it's a technical marvel (not even sure about that but i trust our veteran) but the art style is so fucking dull that it doesn't impress me at all.

Maybe playing the game on my pc would make much difference but from the screens here doesn't really look better than rdr2 or horizon or metro or the last tomb raider or even days gone.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Did they fixed the bugs and performance issues?

I have a 10 euro discount on epic store right now...

It never had performance issues. It's just an expensive game to run. I'm playing it at 40FPS unlocked and it's OK. But I have the settings all the way to max. My 2080Ti wasn't going to cut it at those levels so I put the rendering where I wanted it to focus - GI and Texture Resolution.

I don't notice any bugs right now. I think they put the lean back in but I don't use it.

GymWolf

It never had performance issues. It's just an expensive game to run. I'm playing it at 40FPS unlocked and it's OK. But I have the settings all the way to max. My 2080Ti wasn't going to cut it at those levels so I put the rendering where I wanted it to focus - GI and Texture Resolution.

I don't notice any bugs right now. I think they put the lean back in but I don't use it.
I mean you didn't noticed but they are there, there is a lot of videos on yt that cover the matter, even df.

It's not just an heavy demanding game.

ethomaz

Banned
Still doesn't have the lighting in it. Remaster is that much better than it.
Opinion and all but the remaster is really bad graphically.
The lighting (shadows that are missing in remaster) are better in original no matter the tech used.

There is so many missing graphic features in the remaster that I question why CryTek did it.

Last edited:
Crysis has a pretty terrific RT implementation...but since it`s only a remaster the general asset quality just isn`t where it would have to be to make it actually look impressive for average joe.

Devilich

Is it possible to still get that DLC? I’m sure I could find a physical version of the game then buy the DLC, wouldn’t mind trying it out.
Unfourtetely not. Driveclub, Driveclub VR and all the DLCs got pulled from PSN mid last year because of licensing issues.
Welcome to the digital future.

I'm not really impressed with it to be honest and I just feel like its a terribly optimized game.

In fact I think the original with some of the reshades I've seen look a little bit prettier.

Top Bottom