• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Opens New Austin, Texas studio - Hires 36 Vigil staff

sflufan

Banned
At this point Vigil's Odyssey begs for the question: what about Dark Millenium?
Last time they spoke about it, they were heavily redesigning the game to be a single player/co-op experience.

Are they just going to throw all the investments made on that project out of the window or is there a plan to salvage what can be salvaged?

Yes of course they have to throw out all that was done on that project as the Warhammer 40K license reverted back to Games Workshop.

That's some good news. Glad to hear someone basically picked up Vigil. Hopefully, they are able to get the Darksiders IP. With the proper management, the game should be able to make money, IMO.

fenners

That's some good news. Glad to hear someone basically picked up Vigil. Hopefully, they are able to get the Darksiders IP. With the proper management, the game should be able to make money, IMO.

Doesn't sound like they want the Darksiders IP.

And this isn't "picked up vigil". It's 35 people, not the whole studio.

Facism

excellent news. Really enjoyed both Darksiders games and would be enthusiastic about any game they put out in the future.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
That's a good strategy. Team already works together, expand the group would allow the most talented to advance their career, and maintain a good stable career for people that have maxed their potential.

Austin is growing so fast, I'm thinking I ought to grab a 15 year fixed soon.

I wonder if they'll keep the same office.

Isn't that next to the oasis? Must be expensive. Cheap, massive tech goes in NW Austin as of late.

Zoe

Isn't that next to the oasis? Must be expensive. Cheap, massive tech goes in NW Austin as of late.

I'm not exactly sure how expensive it is. Every time I drove by it in the past (used to be daily) Vigil was the only listed tenant.

There are tons of empty office spaces all along the west side of 2222, surely there are deals to be found...

Wiktor

I still hope Crytek picks the IP up, even if they're not going to be using it anytime soon, it should be so cheap that they should get it anyway

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I still hope Crytek picks the IP up, even if they're not going to be using it anytime soon, it should be so cheap that they should get it anyway

I'm not sure if Steam sales approach is suitable for business acquisitions.

Top Bottom