• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead |OT| 2 Cups 1 Screen

Listed in the System Requires in the windows 10 store requires the following:

Geforce 9600GT or AMD HD 3870 512MB or higher.

But it also says Video Memory 1 GB for some reason as well.

Yeah the 512MB-1GB thing is really confusing. The anticipation over if this game will be able to run on toasters is intense right now lol

Yeah the 512MB-1GB thing is really confusing. The anticipation over if this game will be able to run on toasters is intense right now lol

Yea. But, IMO, I think the 1GB require is for Intel/integrated video cards and the 512mb requirement is for the Nvidia/AMD video cards.

But i'm probably wrong.

The game has no cutscenes? I'm watching people playing it and I haven't seen one cutscene. The game just throws you in right from the title screen.

RocBase

That's some slick 2D dancing!

Rotoscopped from the pioneer himself!!

tumblr_mwtzelQEkJ1s4rha3o1_250.gif

Jumpman23

Can not wait to play this game!

That OT title just brought back nightmares I thought I had buried in the darkest corners of my mind.

So something like this should be good? Looks like this exceeds the game requirements.

Yes, that would be more than enough power to play this. What sort of cable do you currently use for your monitor? That card supports HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort. As long as it's one of those three, which it very likely is, go for it.

Should take you 5 minutes to install from beginning to end (maybe 10 minutes if it's your first time?).

Since the release is so close, and since it sounds like you never play games on your PC, you can always wait until tomorrow to see how it plays on your machine before you get a new graphics card.

Drain You

Man I can't believe its finally coming out. No doubt in my mind it'll be worth the wait.

Also I'll be installing this on a Surface Pro 3 first just to see how it fares, will post impressions about whether or not its a viable option. If it runs poorly I'll just run it on my desktop instead anyways.

Edit: Comparing it to Trials sounds good to me. Especially how brutally hard some of the later levels got.

The Argus

Just got my Amazon code. Jeesh, getting to the page to find the code took forever on mobile. You'd think the email confirmation would take you right there. Anyway, downloading now, about 11GB. Looking forward to starting over this rainy weekend.

1upsuper

Thanks for your help, guys.

Yes, that would be more than enough power to play this. What sort of cable do you currently use for your monitor? That card supports HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort. As long as it's one of those three, which it very likely is, go for it.

Should take you 5 minutes to install from beginning to end (maybe 10 minutes if it's your first time?).

Since the release is so close, and since it sounds like you never play games on your PC, you can always wait until tomorrow to see how it plays on your machine before you get a new graphics card.

Thanks! It's a hand me down monitor so I probably need to check. I actually play lots of games on PC, just nothing remotely intensive. I'll see what I can do with my stock computer and then upgrade if need be.

Edit: pretty sure it's VGA. RIP. v_v

That'd be more than fine. I'm curious, do you have a PS4/Switch and are upgrading just to play this?

Yep. Got a PS4 and Switch. I play a lot of indies and old games on PC but Cuphead is the only one I've really wanted to play that I maybe can't without upgrading. It's not a fiscally responsible decision but I'm desperate to play this game. I'm sure I'd find other stuff to play with the upgrade though, since I'd look into more sorts of games. I wouldn't do this if I didn't have some extra funds this month.

pixelation

I don't have an XBO and don't plan on purchasing one, but i'll surely get this on PC.
Are there any comparisons pics with CA disabled and enabled?

Drain You

I don't have an XBO and don't plan on purchasing one, but i'll surely get this on PC.
Are there any comparisons pics with CA disabled and enabled?

Quoting because I'd also like to know. I'm not totally against CA in games like a lot of people are, but it would be nice to see with/without.

Alright the review is in the books. Rendering now. Getting down to the line but hopefully video can go live on time

I knew I stayed up this late for a reason.

Freeman76

The OT title is great. Y'all should get a sense of humor.

It doesnt suit the game and most of us are older than 5, so it isnt humerous. Anyway, I couldnt really give a fuck about the OT title but you calling people out like that deserved a mention.

I wasnt interested in this at all, reading it reminds that dude of trials (hD and Evo are 2 of my most played games ever) has me interested enough to trial it on pc.

Okada

It doesnt suit the game and most of us are older than 5, so it isnt humerous. Anyway, I couldnt really give a fuck about the OT title but you calling people out like that deserved a mention.

And you're shitting people on people who think it's funny. I'm not 5, it made me chuckle.

Anyway, I can't decide if I should get the Steam version or the Windows store one in the odd chance I fancy booting it up on the Xbox.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cuphead gives me a reason to turn on my Xbox. Thank you, Cuphead! Looking forward to playing it as soon as it unlocks.

HiiiLife

And you're shitting people on people who think it's funny. I'm not 5, it made me chuckle.

Anyway, I can't decide if I should get the Steam version or the Windows store one in the odd chance I fancy booting it up on the Xbox.

Either you’re a teenager, or you’re 5. This is how it goes /s.

Gonna wait for the online patch till I buy. Looks so good.

RocBase

Eh think I'll go sleep and wake up to it being download ready, instead of waiting for it to unlock. I just remembered the agony people went through in the MVC:I thread.

Drain You

I wasnt interested in this at all, reading it reminds that dude of trials (hD and Evo are 2 of my most played games ever) has me interested enough to trial it on pc.

Well you gave a fuck enough about it to comment about it.

Top Bottom