• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.11 - NorCal | UMvC3 Invitational | July 5

Is insults all you can do to bring your points across? Geez man, I'm beginning to notice everyone has no manners whatsoever. Burning someone just for adding some information.
Free life lesson: if you think "everyone" has no manners, then you are probably acting like an ass and not realizing it. Intentionally or unintentionally, that is the case.

He really shouldn't be wasting XF on Magneto when his point Vergil has been controlling the flow of these matches the entire time and Dorm is doing most of the work. Clock being caught to many times with his pants down.
He's making the right decision. Dormmamu/Doom takes down Clockw0rk's team very easily once Vergil is gone. If Magneto never does, then he DHCs Dormammu in safely and the game is heavily against him. Killing Magneto when you can ensures Dormammu vs. Vergil, which is in Vergil's favor.

I think the match was played well by both players. Not much could have been improved upon given the matchup. At first I thought Clockw0rk should be using Ouroboros more in XF3 Strider, but then he used it and got nothing off of it, so maybe he made the right decision there, too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We got Spencer infinite!

He's making the right decision. Dormmamu/Doom takes down Clockw0rk's team very easily once Vergil is gone. If Magneto never does, then he DHCs Dormammu in safely and the game is heavily against him. Killing Magneto when you can ensures Dormammu vs. Vergil, which is in Vergil's favor.

I think the match was played well by both players. Not much could have been improved upon given the matchup. At first I thought Clockw0rk should be using Ouroboros more in XF3 Strider, but then he used it and got nothing off of it, so maybe he made the right decision there, too.
Was Magneto ever a problem in that set, or kill more than one character? I would save it for Dormammu/Doom. He ended up in way more situations that would have been beneficial if he had X-Factor than times having XF on Dormammu incoming benefitted him (and where he couldn't have just XF after the confirm anyways for the kill).

Frantic

At first I thought Clockw0rk should be using Ouroboros more in XF3 Strider, but then he used it and got nothing off of it, so maybe he made the right decision there, too.
Strider is too easy to just auto-block against in XF3 Orbs, so you definitely want to not go for it and hold onto the meter.

We got Spencer infinite!

Was Magneto ever a problem in that set, or kill more than one character? I would save it for Dormammu/Doom. He ended up in way more situations that would have been beneficial if he had X-Factor than times having XF on Dormammu incoming benefitted him (and where he couldn't have just XF after the confirm anyways for the kill).
Dormammu is the problem, but Dormammu kills the whole team free with missiles. You can't let Magneto go. You need to get Dormammu in on your terms to win.

Did we? I wasn't paying attention.
Like 5 reps, then it dropped.

g6kSEPA.png

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Free life lesson: if you think "everyone" has no manners, then you are probably acting like an ass and not realizing it. Intentionally or unintentionally, that is the case.

Granted, I should have not used everyone, you're correct. But the whole reason I'm reacting like this is just cause I added an explanation to your statement so everybody else would read it. Then you come off responding like your the greatest Dormammu player in the world... I didn't appreciate it so I responded the way I did without insulting you. I don't even know why I try explaining anymore, the people who get on my case never cut me any slack and it gets annoying after a while, even when I'm not in the wrong.

Damn, everyone has leveled up so much.

Granted, I should have not used everyone, you're correct. But the whole reason I'm reacting like this is just cause I added an explanation to your statement so everybody else would read it. Then you come off responding like your the greatest Dormammu player in the world... I didn't appreciate it so I responded the way I did without insulting you. I don't even know why I try explaining anymore, the people who get on my case never cut me any slack and it gets annoying after a while, even when I'm not in the wrong.
I'll help you out.

If someone writes:
"Blah blah blah, X".

And you quote them and respond:
"Y."

It looks like you are responding to that person specifically. In this case, like you thought you had something to tell me here. If you didn't quote me, then it would look like you were talking to everyone. If you wanted to add to my statement, then you should have said:

"Yeah, and Y".

The "Yeah" lets me know that you are agreeing with me, and then the "and" lets me know that you are adding on to what I said. As it is, your sentence was confusing - I really didn't know why the hell you were telling me that.

It's all about how you choose to communicate.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Damn, everyone has leveled up so much.

I'll help you out.

If someone writes:
"Blah blah blah, X".

"Y."

It looks like you are responding to that person specifically. In this case, like you thought you had something to tell me here. If you didn't quote me, then it would look like you were talking to everyone. If you wanted to add to my statement, then you should have said:

"Yeah, and Y".

The "Yeah" lets me know that you are agreeing with me, and then the "and" lets me know that you are adding on to what I said. As it is, your sentence was confusing - I really didn't know why the hell you were telling me that.

I appreciate the explanation without the insult, you are right. I'll be sure to be more careful next time.

Azure J

Damn, it looks like I already missed a good load of stuff. Marvel's really changed a lot since I last checked in on it.

I appreciate the explanation without an insult, you are right. I'll be sure to be more careful next time.
Also, if you're talking about people in general not cutting you slack, my inclination is to think you're referring to direct_quote and Beef in the FGW thread from earlier. I'm certain they were just messing with you.

You mess around a lot, and that means people think it's okay to mess with you. That's just how it goes. It's not always easy to tell whether people actually dislike you or are just messing with you, though.

Also, I apologize for being snarky toward you. I'm actually trying to work on that, as it's a character flaw I have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'll help you out.

If someone writes:
"Blah blah blah, X".

"Y."

"Yeah, and Y".

Not that I want to get into it this too deep, but what part of "I literally wrote the book on Dormammu. I don't know why you think you need to tell me this" sets a precedent for "good communication skills?" You don't think that comes off as incendiary? Let alone continuing to talk down and reply in the same manner throughout the entire rest of the exchange? Looking quite hypocritical here.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Also, if you're talking about people in general not cutting you slack, my inclination is to think you're referring to direct_quote and Beef in the FGW thread from earlier. I'm certain they were just messing with you.

You mess around a lot, and that means people think it's okay to mess with you. That's just how it goes. It's not always easy to tell whether people actually dislike you or are just messing with you, though.

Also, I apologize for being snarky toward you. I'm actually trying to work on that, as it's a character flaw I have.

Its cool man, I also needed to cool down. I tend to lack communication skills sometimes... Also, I tend to be gullible to the point of it being a fault/dangerous cause I take everything someone tells me word for word....

Magneto/Doom/Vergil up!

Its cool man, I also needed to cool down. I tend to lack communication skills sometimes... Also, I tend to be gullible to the point of it being a fault/dangerous cause I take everything someone tells me word for word....
We're good, no worries.

Top Bottom