• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Game browser coming to Halo 5 (Xbox One and PC)

nillapuddin

If you can rent servers this will make money too, which would be great for 343's end of the deal. I've been clamoring for this for a long time.

I would pay (small) money to curate a playlist.

'Nilla's Remake Suite'

awesome remakes 24/7.

* to explain the difference in my mind

custom browser: relies on live hosts and populating with players

curated server: custom playlist that can be populated regardless if curator is online or not.

TechOne

This is fucking huge!

6732RO3.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice, that's more like it. I wasn't expecting 343 to provide matchmaking on the PC Forge or anything but just a way to find custom games with other players was what I wanted, this should be good :)

Compsiox

Banned
This is insane. Amazing choice by Microsoft/343i. Without it i couldn't see the community thriving (on PC) without a fan made solution.

Leyasu

Banned
A server browser on those delicious dedicated servers.. Lovely.

Please let us see the ping.

Absolute fucking game changer

Basically trying to kill Online in one swift stroke.

As long as the custom game browser has its fair share of actual competitive lobbies and not just zombies and fiesta and zombies and fiesta, I'll be happy with it. But that lands on the community, not 343.
If we can rent custom servers I'll make a competitive one.

Bossniak

Basically trying to kill Online in one swift stroke.

As long as the custom game browser has its fair share of actual competitive lobbies and not just zombies and fiesta and zombies and fiesta, I'll be happy with it. But that lands on the community, not 343.

Yeah recently I went back in Halo CE PC and the server browser was a lot of zombies and rockets. Hopefully in this it's more competitive and stays that way for some time.

Strider

MEGATON.

So happy this is coming for the PC version. I miss playing Halo 5 and obv I would've gotten friends together sometimes but that's not always possible so this will be great

forrest

formerly nacire
I'll admit, I haven't been keeping up with the halo news (recent move and incredibly busy). I'm confused, is PC getting Halo 5? I was under the impression Forge was coming to Win 10 so you could craft levels, but nothing beyond that. Can you play the campaign, co-op and multiplayer?

wwm0nkey

Will my progress from Halo 5 (customization unlock) transfer to the PC version?

Time to finish my build by next Summer.

Yes it will transfer

I'll admit, I haven't been keeping up with the halo news (recent move and incredibly busy). I'm confused, is PC getting Halo 5? I was under the impression Forge was coming to Win 10 so you could craft levels, but nothing beyond that. Can you play the campaign, co-op and multiplayer?
You can play Forge and Custom Games, now there will be a game browser so you can play with more than just friends

belushy

Banned
Will my progress from Halo 5 (customization unlock) transfer to the PC version?

Time to finish my build by next Summer.

There is no character customization on Halo 5 Forge, you'd have to use either your Xbox or Halo waypoint to customize emblem/armor, so yes.

Pooya

decent numbers still play Halo CE. This is pretty much a modern version of that then, I'd try when it's out.

decent numbers still play Halo CE. This is pretty much a modern version of that then, I'd try when it's out.

That actually reminds me, I wonder if they can add something like this for the MCC. It's shit how you can't get any good games for anything that's not H2A. I tried to play CE for the first time in awhile and it's now a fucking 2v2 playlist. Why even have a fucking CE playlist at that point?

Madness

This is big. Cannot wait. Custom games browser, finally! This is something fans have wanted for years and years.

Can you imagine if the way H5 is now is what shipped at launch?

KDC720

Have they announced that there will be forge/custom games crossplay between XB1 and PC?

Hopefully this is leading to that, it will help to ensure a healthy custom games community on both platforms.

Can someone explain to a layman why this is a big deal? I just want to play Halo 5 on PC, will I be able to?

This is huge because you'll be able to play with more than just your friends / pre planned games. You can click on the server browser, see games that are being currently played, and if there is an open slot jump in.

It's the best thing we could ask for other than matchmaking. This will probably ensure a solid player base will exist on PC

jediyoshi

Can someone explain to a layman why this is a big deal? I just want to play Halo 5 on PC, will I be able to?

No.

A server browser is a screen that lists available servers to join (as opposed to matchmaking that automatically joins you into a server). It would be a big deal for PC because there's otherwise no matchmaking.

That actually reminds me, I wonder if they can add something like this for the MCC. It's shit how you can't get any good games for anything that's not H2A. I tried to play CE for the first time in awhile and it's now a fucking 2v2 playlist. Why even have a fucking CE playlist at that point?

People like CE 2v2.

In other news, yay!

wwm0nkey

If this works the way I hope it works, you could even see things like remake playlists.

I really hope we can rent servers and do 24/7 ones with playlists we come up with. I will pay a decent sum for that

Man as someone who has played and loved Halo since CE I can't wait to try this with M+KB. Never played a Halo title on PC before.

Sooooo excited

Vico

Halo 5 ends up being such a big game. Best game support I've seen and experienced for sure.

With all the things Halo 5 now has, I really wonder what will be at launch for the next big title in a year or two. I don't see them doing a continuation of the Halo 5 multiplayer (it'd have to have be done differently for it to be still functional in two years), so launching an all new multiplayer will be a massive task.

GTSweet

Neo Member
This is so ridiculously cool...

They truly treated Halo 5 as a platform and have supported it for 11 months and going. Incredible

Halo 5 needed this.

As great as it is I think it's being held back a lot by being an Xbox exclusive.
Now it'll be accessible to so many more players, you don't have anything to lose by downloading it on PC so I'm expecting it to really explode... The game is just that good.

Top Bottom