• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

*One logo from each of the Left4Dead games was sourced from this thread so credit to the OP, I merely added a logo.

Dead Island
Very Clean. Keep it up. Remember to take a break from this thread, even if you don't feel you need it. Don't burn yourself out, bro.

I know I recognized those L4D/2 ones... ;) So many great ones for those two games, I can't pick just one style... jaja

SamKimish

Neo Member
Anyone have any cool Witcher ones? Most of the custom ones that I have seen are pretty boring.

Any of these good enough?

The Witcher

witcher4.png
witcher4l.png

witcher3.png
witcher3l.png

witcher1.png
witcher1l.png

witcher2o.png
witcher2l.png

Amakou

Neo Member
Yay requests!!!
Textless please!

Orcs Must Die 2
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
Civilization V

Here's some more for you, I couldn't decide on the Red Faction ones if I liked it more off-center or centered, so if you have a preference I can tweak it:

Orcs Must Die 2
sCppP.jpg

Red Faction
s0a3t.jpg

Red Faction 2
ZMJHz.jpg

Sid Meier's Civilization V
T51q6.jpg

UXtYG.jpg

Xagnam

Neo Member
I finally got on! So yeah, here's part one of my large textless collection, which contain either ones I have made or revisions of others.
I'll post the other parts when other members reply.

-----

Age of Empires III / Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs / Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasty
PMiN1c6.png
cHOOsxF.png
LNWKwoW.png

APB Reloaded / Battlefield 1942 / Blacklight: Retribution
rMxaRka.png
4DNjbks.png
kSbTVBR.png

X-Blades (x3) / Blades of Time (x3)
Qw1hgkz.png
Oqp2L5B.png
321U8Dn.png
Qvi6AmT.png
OEvkgUg.png
kzG6evU.png

Brink / Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Call of Duty: Black Ops / Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (x2) / Sid Meier's Civilization V
0XRfesV.png
AH5XgEw.png
ekcPXc1.png
ibVXGDv.png
mPscCu5.png
cc3ZQoh.png

Company of Heroes / Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts / Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
FJnFIic.png
omFF2Jp.png
mEB6yeq.png

Cry of Fear / Crysis / Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
8Ti4HJ3.png
7J5EY4b.png
fOffmVn.png

Devil May Cry 4 / Diablo 3 (x3) / Dragon Age: Origins / Dragon Age 2
DfMj05h.png
BlcdFPi.png
BxtTzbn.png
WWpPnQo.png
xtXGOoY.png
VfQe0eU.png

gabbo

I finally got on! So yeah, here's part one of my large textless collection, which contain either ones I have made or revisions of others.
Love the CoH's icons. Was looking for textless images just yesterday in fact.
Gonna grab your Tales/OpFront icons, because they're must higher quality than the ones I ended up making, so I thank you for those :).
Would love to see what others you've created.

Here's some more for you, I couldn't decide on the Red Faction ones if I liked it more off-center or centered, so if you have a preference I can tweak it:

Hey Amakou, thanks for these!
I would prefer icons that aren't just textless but also logo less if possible, but I'm using these for now, they're much better than the default, so thanks again!

Xagnam

Neo Member
Love the CoH's icons. Was looking for textless images just yesterday in fact.
Gonna grab your Tales/OpFront icons, because they're must higher quality than the ones I ended up making, so I thank you for those :).
Would love to see what others you've created.
You're quite welcome! :)

Here's part two of my large textless collection, which contain either ones I have made or revisions of others.

Duke Nukem Forever
/ Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas
bIsvSui.png
2umLtzU.png
SRv2DOX.png

Far Cry 2 (x3) / Far Cry 3 / F.E.A.R. 3 / From Dust
VvbJLLX.png
nZCDXgk.png
5foHltK.png
n58CfSg.png
1JaMVsh.png
lxFbVkT.png

Garry's Mod (x2) / Grand Theft Auto 4 / Guild Wars: The Complete Collection / Guild Wars 2
qrQWhxV.png
F8N5xX0.png
xl5FzGx.png
LtvLEj5.png
xZACpBr.png

Black Mesa / Half-Life / Half-Life: Blue Shift / Half-Life: Opposing Force / Half-Life 2 / Half-Life 2: Episode 1 / Half-Life 2: Episode 2 / Synergy
2uf77fX.png
ZCiZ2l1.png
48Ov7ia.png
CDOCyMO.png
77vOOpf.png
fMdSwuh.png
7d6C7uv.png
llvGcwe.png

Hard Reset (x2) / Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit / Hitman 2: Silent Assassin / Hitman: Blood Money
FpBRZII.png
8qZ7vM2.png
neti7qW.png
dtJE0vd.png
XwN8oE2.png

Xagnam

Neo Member
Jade Empire (x3) / Just Cause 2 (x2)
lj8Rxo6.png
VwkIQ3p.png
8QXMFXi.png
nfNN8zJ.png
R6Cf2fW.png

Killing Floor
/ Defense Alliance 2 (x2)
peA4tD1.png
aEXyxc9.png
OeWRHJy.png

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning / L.A. Noire / League of Legends
egDtsff.png
vAP960N.png
hskjkBK.png

Mass Effect
/ Mass Effect 2 / Mass Effect 3
SXSn8kG.png
k5FvqSG.png
lyZL6jh.png

Metro 2033 / Minecraft / Mirror's Edge (x3) / Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
FerKZnI.png
oPOmPKT.png
KfI789z.png
AiSOU9Q.png
brhSFhJ.png
79k36kA.png

Nightmare House 2 / Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising / Operation Flashpoint: Red River (x2)
7LBZsdm.png
qPlh94I.png
Ep24Df7.png
OvlOGS6.png

Xagnam

Neo Member
Penumbra: Black Plague / Penumbra: Overture / Penumbra: Requiem
8Bc4EVt.png
VLP6XmL.png
8BcqwHP.png

Portal / Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time / Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (x3) / Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within (x3) / Prince of Persia (x3)
HPoTUxS.png
ShiKYiS.png
OkBGzWa.png
YaC9WzH.png
foaUGGp.png
pGEp2QS.png
EmTfXHh.png
RMkAHnV.png
bA3fTw1.png
bChUERq.png
3d8gsLr.png

Prototype (x2) / Red Faction: Guerrilla (x3) / Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
kdyGbfl.png
QvKJb3G.png
YpZ1em4.png
D9xrjhU.png
oO0Xz5g.png
0HXiQp2.png

Sanctum (x2) / SCP: Containment Breach (x2) / Singularity (x2)
gKd9g3M.png
AT5l4oN.png
rzDjFTV.png
njKqkpr.png
V777Lyq.png
AICaGtE.png

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent / Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (x2)
tYF1qgb.png
2ZTWYId.png
EUvfEUA.png

Steam Library Page 1 to 3 completely textless now (please ignore Magicka trial)!
SteamLibrary1_zps7ab51550.png

SteamLibrary2_zpsb3fba181.png

SteamLibrary3_zps401f1637.png

Thank you Cuban Legend, Last Baron, Xagnam, Cystm, Amakou and SamKimish!

I'm not a Photoshop master like some of you guys, but who needs fancy skills when you have Google, Paint.net and a calculator!?

Empire: Total War

empirewtkpi.png
emp2m1knr.png

Medal of Honor: Airborne

moh56tu8l.png
moh47juek.png
moh2p8uir.png

mohowfh9.png
moh31ruu4.png

Mafia 2

maf2kkuru.png

Mass Effect

masseffectx7miky.png

Mini Ninjas

minimjrss.png
mini29bqj8.png
mini3tbpnw.png

mini4oyoi0.png
mini56xpw4.png

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Wow, the bar has been raised by everyone who posted on these last couple pages!

Makes me glad I'm trying to stick to icons for more obscure or forgotten games, cause I can't hold a candle to the rest of you ;)

Some of the art on display here is so great it makes me wish it was possible to assign more than one icon per game, and have them randomly rotated over time.

Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to program that kind of functionality into Steam's UI?

once you get through the alphabet, which seems to be what you're doing... make a pack, zip it up and drop it on mediafire... or setup s minus.com library that you can update for all to see, like I do.

I actually have an account with Minus that I forgot about. Can I really upload 10gb, no deletions, no files hidden like Imgur does, completely free? Sounds too good to be true.

I actually have an account with Minus that I forgot about. Can I really upload 10gb, no deletions, no files hidden like Imgur does, completely free? Sounds too good to be true.

no deletions, no files hidden(unless you make a private folder), no compression. It's the best English website for uploading stuff, abload.de is great too but is in some other language and not as easy to use.

It's even recommended in the 2013 PC Screenshots thread in the OP.

I don't know if it's a placebo effect but the metro skin makes the grid icons look even better. I think it's the combination of sharp edges, crisper image scaling (?) and more even spacing. With textless icons it's like looking at a digital art gallery.

Xagnam

Neo Member
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (x2) / Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (x4)
wo9MEtj.png
5NWq60z.png
9q0tCHh.png
RXg8GPg.png
dcxXBqI.png
xmiMoS9.png

Star Wars: Battlefront II / StarCraft II (x3) / Post Mortem / Still Life / Still Life 2 (x2)
5DlHuMD.png
Qi393dh.png
4gFN7IX.png
VQ07nim.png
31aMnNG.png
gbqxYeB.png
jfSNliS.png
Y8zsAfI.png

Syberia / Syberia II / Team Fortress Classic / Team Fortress 2 (x2) / The Darkness II
FFCJfyB.png
et5ahR2.png
jYWrx2p.png
9GW6EtE.png
17aU3OX.png
HpGqwMr.png

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (x4) / The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion / The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (x4)
8Q5wf1K.png
v1VjAhs.png
QPrymuj.png
iJRniYt.png
apeRJOc.png
usWQsiH.png
xoTjPVq.png
XqJvdWG.png
fVb9jXZ.png

The Last Remnant / The Longest Journey / Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
XlSEkt8.png
glOCdbS.png
isDFONo.png

I would internet love someone forever if they could whip up or point me to logos for any of the following:

Total Annihilation
Alpha Centauri
The Whispered World
Arcanum
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2

Top Bottom