• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Nov 28, 2012
Switzerland
Buddy of mine without a gaf account is wondering if someone out there has Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 with text, and with the little 'Origin' banner in the top left corner?

I've been scouring the web but I can't find any with that banner, other than Battlefield 3.

Here are some quick made icons (both text and texless versions) for Crysis 3 :)

I made some Dead Space 3 Grid Icons :) I just can't wait till this game comes out!

i made and posted these few pages ago, i'll try to add the origin corner (when i get home :p)

Last Baron

Sep 3, 2011
lastbaron.minus.com
I personally will continue doing textless icons but as I said, I'm happy to take requests if someone wants some with text.

Natural Selection II

Diablo III

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Aughts

Neo Member
Oct 15, 2012
I like both. A well placed title can accent the image. Also, I have waaaay too many games installed to remember just imagery for all of them.

KRUNCH x2, Hockey?

Starforge x2, San Jiten

Ben There Dan That, Time Gentleman Please, Talisman Prologue

Fibrillation

Saikyo

Jan 11, 2013
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross (Kinda crappy the logo one...)

Big Bang Beat Revolve (No logo because couldnt find a good quality one)

Skullgirls

Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2)

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online

Mega Man Zero 3

NoTanFightFan

Neo Member
Jan 20, 2013
How do you guys keep from losing your custom applications, everytime Steam updates I lose all my added apps :(

Go to the Steam button at the top left of the Steam toolbar and then go to EXIT before shutting down your PC. Do it every time. I use to have this problem too. When Windows shuts down, it doesn't allow Steam to sync or save it's status or something, so it basically closes down Steam wrong causing you to lose all that stuff. So, when you go to Exit, it closes down Steam right and you won't have this issue upon restarting Steam. Hope this helps.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Jun 7, 2004
Can someone please tell me if there's a way to sort your games by group custom category while in Grid view? Or at least sort them alphabetically or by date added, while in Grid view?

Eyothrie

May 11, 2012
Is there a way to smooth out the grid view when scrolling down the game list? No matter how many rows of icons I have, when I scroll with either the mouse wheel or the scroll bar, the icons flash and look a bit jerky in motion. Almost as if vsync needs to be applied yet it is (in Nvidia CP) ?

Eyothrie

May 11, 2012
I only noticed the performance improve on Grid View once I upgraded from my Core 2 Duo @ 3.0GHz to Core i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz, seems to be CPU related as far as the "smoothness" goes.

Thanks. Not sure what it could be. i7 3820 @ 4.1 here

zephervack

Apr 12, 2010
Canada
www.neogaf.com
Go to the Steam button at the top left of the Steam toolbar and then go to EXIT before shutting down your PC. Do it every time. I use to have this problem too. When Windows shuts down, it doesn't allow Steam to sync or save it's status or something, so it basically closes down Steam wrong causing you to lose all that stuff. So, when you go to Exit, it closes down Steam right and you won't have this issue upon restarting Steam. Hope this helps.

Thank u so much

Cuban Legend

Sep 24, 2009
in my house
smallformfactor.net
Here's some textless ones I made for myself this week.
Transformers Fall of Cybertron | Night Sky | Craypn Physics Deluxe

Garry's Mod x2 | Puddle

Half Minute Hero PC | No Time To Explain | Really Big Sky

Medal of Honor 2010 | Cart Life | Mercenaries 2 World in Flames

Deadlight | Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6 x2

Battlefield 1942 | Battlefield 2 | Battlefield 2142

Saikyo

Jan 11, 2013
Unleashed Project (Sonic Generations mod with Sonic Unleashed stages)

The King of Fighters XIII

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Jan 9, 2013
Anyone interested in making a Lucius icon, preferably with text? Without text would be fine as well. It looks so out of place in my grid, having a picture that kinda sucks.

surly

Banned
Aug 13, 2009
Anyone interested in making a Lucius icon, preferably with text? Without text would be fine as well. It looks so out of place in my grid, having a picture that kinda sucks.
I'm not the best at this sort of thing, but here's a couple: -

D3RANG3D

Jan 21, 2005
Old post I'm responding to. But since there's a paid version, I really hope they get around to putting it on Steam.

On Amazon there is no DRM, on GamersGate their is keep this in mind.

The paid version is censored lol.

Last Baron

Sep 3, 2011
lastbaron.minus.com
FEZ / Super Smash Bros. Brawl

SimCity 4

Dead Space with text

Geneforge / Geneforge 2 / Geneforge 3

Geneforge 4: Rebellion / Geneforge 5: Overthrow

Tobe's Vertical Adventure / Lume / DLC Quest

NoTanFightFan

Neo Member
Jan 20, 2013
Trying to find a good P.O.W. banner, but everything I find is low rez. Wouldnt mind a petter Punch out Banner too.

Hey buddy, could you please post that Secret of Mana grid and the Secret of Evermore grid you have in that picture. They are really good and I would love to use them if possible. Thanks in advance if you can.