• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom xbox one controllers from xbox design lab

Izuna

Banned
From Twitter

Ck2whKOVEAAKEjF.jpg

oh FOR FUCK SAKE

When will this meme die

=) they need to make sure this can be bought in Japan. You can make some cawaii controllers

KiraXD

Already ordered one for my wife.

And yes she likes pink. It isnt just because shes a girl. Also got a matching theme for myself.
im right there with your wife man...

My favorite color is pink... hot pink to be exact. My wifes favorite color is pink... pink is fucking awesome!

i made this one... because pink/black is awesome.
GkKz19s.png

jHmRz9h.png

NJllyc5.png

love it!

Izuna

Banned
Hm01

Buying it. I love you MS.

- mine will have the engraving Cobalt Izuna - it doesn't show up because the text isn't part of the picture, it's text being overlayed.

clem84

Gold Member
This is a good idea but it's all in the execution. I checked out the colors yesterday and most of them don't seem that appealing to me. The options also seem to be limited. If you could add logos, like Halo or Gears or an FFXV logo, that would make it a lot more appealing.

Edit: I guess I don't have the imagination you guys have because some of the designs I'm seeing on this page look amazing.

Sony: if there's anything you need to just straight up copy from your competitors, it's this.

i'd LOVE an orange and light gray DS4. or dark gray/black and neon green. or an orange and black halloween-ish one. like, damn i just can't help myself when companies offer customized stuff. i'm getting one of those custom cases from Google for my Nexus 5X soon too.

does anyone the understands hardware/peripheral manufacturing/business have any insight as to why MS seems to be so easily able to make custom hardware and peripherals and why Sony seemingly can't? it boggles my mind.

i mean, i know Sony has given us more custom PS4 (in special editions) designs this gen compared to last gen, and they've given us a fair amount of DS3/DS4 colors (although sadly limited quantities) but when i see them backing away from making peripherals and accessories an just letting 3rd party companies make 'licensed' stuff it worries me a little.

clem84

Gold Member
im right there with your wife man...

My favorite color is pink... hot pink to be exact. My wifes favorite color is pink... pink is fucking awesome!

i made this one... because pink/black is awesome.
GkKz19s.png

jHmRz9h.png

NJllyc5.png

love it!
I wouldn't have thought of combining pink and black in this manner but this is my favorite design on this page. (and I don't have a wife who loves pink :) )

My Dreamcast inspired design.

rsHYW4L.png

Cm03
Cm01

Cm05
Cm06

Rt08

1024px-Dreamcast_controller%2C_take_one.jpg

Would've been awesome if they allowed you to change the color of the Xbox button:

rUu3Kv0.jpg

Holy mama jama. This is fantastic. This is exactly what I would get.
If they would let me do this to the Elite controller :['''

Also, there are lots of tutorials on modding the LED's in the xbox button if you are up to that sort of thing. But yeah, that should definitely be an option.

EDIT: This thread should be marked NSFW. Lawd.

Do these custom controllers have the option for the rubberized grips? I pre-ordered a Xbox One S controller, but I'm looking into a custom one but I hope rubberized grips are an option.

Ryde3

I came in here to say they should do this for Xbox Elite controllers but then I realize I probably would just get black and grey anyways, lol.

Microsoft. Now you listen to me.

This should be possible with the consoles themselves. The cables, the headset, the power supply, the machine, the HDD bay.

Make it happen with Scorpio. It would be brilliant. Look at the creativity. I want half of all these amazing controllers. The Dreamcast one...

*cries*

Could someone post a link to where I can create a controller. I can't seem to find the page. I'm in the EU if this makes any difference.

Top Bottom