• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom xbox one controllers from xbox design lab

sangreal

Maybe something like this for me! HALLOWEEN

Pukmrid.png

would look better w/ black back imo

GcAcRdf.png

Lee

This thread is not safe for my wallet. Also really intrigued by the potential Elite customization option(s) in the future.

They should have design lab choices for the Elite, but I bet they would charge the $199 price that they have for the GoW controller. Also this was just announced: https://scufgaming.com/scufelite/, so maybe unlikely that Elite comes to the design lab.

I loved the build quality of the Elite, but didn't see any real value with the paddles in the games I play, so I downgraded to the Lunar White controller. If these controllers have the same texture on the back as the Lunar White, it's fantastic. Love that controller.

85525c7a-0f0c-4c5d-9e7d-183be02d902d.jpg

Amory

These aren't the new controllers that will ship with the S, right? It's the current design?

Gotta wonder why

Lee

That's a good point. Are the Lunar grips confirmed?

I feel like it would be, but it's a little odd they didn't describe them the same way.

From design lab: "Textured grip for more control"

From Lunar White page: "featuring a rubberized diamond grip for control and comfort"

Definitely not the same, from the Amazon page for the Xbox One S

9a289dc2-c97f-4886-b820-720d5f840faf.jpg._CB271388354__SL300__.jpg

Compare that to this closeup of the Lunar white:

https://www.instagram.com/p/7DKFdbRYbi/

Could still be good, but personally I don't need the bluetooth features yet so I'll stick with the Lunar.

sangreal

all of the new controllers have textured grip. no clue if it is identical to the lunar white, but would be surprised if it isn't

TLZ

Banned
My beloved Famicom version (the console colours, not the controller since they don't have that copper colour):

Cm01

Cm03
Cm05

Cm06
Rt08

3cftzIC.jpg

So retro, so good :D

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
The website mentions lazer etching, and the demo video showed adding text. Where in the website do these options appear?

Chris1

Apparently it's based on the S controller, so it comes with the grips and BT.

Texture grips becoming standard at E3 was one of the bigger announcements for me..No joke... Love them.

Unfortunately this isn't available in the UK but I think I'm gonna get one when it comes next year as long as the pricing is decent.

The website mentions lazer etching, and the demo video showed adding text. Where in the website do these options appear?

It's the last step when you order it (IIRC).

Love that Microsoft gave all of us fanfest people a free controller.. now the waiting game begins..

They said they will be expanding into different markets in the future. Also hinted that more customization options will be coming.

That's when I will get one or two. For now these are awesome though!

I wish there was a more plain-red color option available. The red they have is just a tiny bit maroon.

Honestly, I want to see these in the flesh before ordering. Monitor settings and color warmth do have an effect on appearance and the website even says as much.

Top Bottom