• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom xbox one controllers from xbox design lab

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Here are some my sister and I came up with. This is a lot of fun! (hope these images work)

NOTE: design name is important

"Birthday cake"
Hm01

"Death Circus"
Hm01

"I <3 Hello Kitty"
Hm01

"Blood under the ice"
Hm01

"Enchilada with Cheese and Olives"
Hm01

"Moon over chapel"
Hm01

Here are some my sister and I came up with. This is a lot of fun! (hope these images work)

NOTE: design name is important

"Birthday cake"
Hm01

"Death Circus"
Hm01

"I <3 Hello Kitty"
Hm01

"Blood under the ice"
Hm01

"Enchilada with Cheese and Olives"
Hm01

"Moon over chapel"
Hm01

WOW! Seriously, make more! Give me themed ones based off Games, Movies and TV Shows. Hell, try your hand at Comic characters.

BondFancy

Is there any reason to purchase one now? Or just wait till Fall. I went all the way to the order screen and it says it won't arrive till September...or is that just how long it takes for them to make one normally...lol

NateDrake

Is there any reason to purchase one now? Or just wait till Fall. I went all the way to the order screen and it says it won't arrive till September...or is that just how long it takes for them to make one normally...lol

Custom controller will take a few weeks to make and deliver.

NateDrake

September is a little more than a few weeks haha. I figured a couple weeks, not a couple months...have they not officially launched yet?

Official launch is September. I think they said 4-6 weeks for custom, so orders now will be ready once the official launch takes place.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what colours I want. At roughly $110 CAD, I will likely only but one, though I'd like to order more as this is really cool.

I like the two grey bodies, but think I like the red body best. It's a tough decision.

If you wash your hands before playing, make others do the same and don't eat while gaming, white will be fine. Just take care of the thing. I've never had an issue with my white (or any) controllers because of this.

It does look nice, but in a way it is kind of plain for an eighty dollar controller. You kind of want to get your money's worth out of it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This is awesome, needs more options though.

Individual colors for each stick, more colors for everything else too.

kneePat

Man, I'm loving these designs you guys are coming up with. Goddam, I don't need another xbox controller for my pc... but this is tempting.

Anion

Maybe it's time we make a controller OT when this comes out and people can share all kinds of controllers - like even PS4 or WiiU/NX. But of course it would be where we share these glorious custom controllers

If you wash your hands before playing, make others do the same and don't eat while gaming, white will be fine. Just take care of the thing. I've never had an issue with my white (or any) controllers because of this.

It does look nice, but in a way it is kind of plain for an eighty dollar controller. You kind of want to get your money's worth out of it.

This. Skin naturally comes off, but keep your hands clean, wipe them down from time to time and they'll be just fine.

This. Skin naturally comes off, but keep your hands clean, wipe them down from time to time and they'll be just fine.

Yeah

Use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to get the crud around the joysticks, and an alcohol wipe that isn't too wet to clean and sanitize the controller and its buttons.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
they should do this for elites... i guess there is always scuf

In the video they showed off that you can get words added onto the bottom of the front face of the controller. Is that feature just not out yet or am i just not seeing it?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
In the video they showed off that you can get words added onto the bottom of the front face of the controller. Is that feature just not out yet or am i just not seeing it?

I had to ask too. When you save and finish, you get the option to add text after that.

Designing XONE controllers is fun as hell, doesn't help the XONE controller is gorgeous to begin with. I don't even need so many controllers but I don't care, I'm" about to be broke haha.

Are these the controllers that are a pain in the ass with Windows 10 or is that the Elite? I wouldn't mind a custom one to match my PC but it would purely be for PC. Also does it function properly as a wired controller too or does it have to rely on wireless even when plugged in?

I like the look of this one but my wife says the white will get dirty and also that it's too plain for an 80 dollar controller

Here's my attempt at a cowboys themed controller

I've had the Lunar white one since it released and it looks just as pristinely white as the day I opened the box.

Unless you're horribly disgusting and never wash your hands, it's going to be fine. Even then, the only parts that would look noticeably "dirty" are the seams. The surface itself won't degrade or becoming irreversibly dirty. Also lol @ minimalism being "too plain for $80". I wonder how she'd feel about my $1500 minimalist desk. Maybe I should bedazzle it or something to make sure it looks real expensive.

Somebody do a Baltimore Ravens themed controller, please. Want to get it for my bros birthday in January and I can't seem to make one I like.

Top Bottom