• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom xbox one controllers from xbox design lab

So, odd thing happening...

I have saved designs, but I finally decided which one I wanted to order.

Whenever I click to add an engraving, the website stalls and goes to white screen. When I close the window and go back to the design lab it's saved 150 duplicates of the controller to my saved designs... WTF...

I've had to go through and delete them one-by-one twice now...

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I came here to post this. I can't play without the paddles anymore.

Would order on day one.

Yeah my Elite will remain my "main" controller on my main Xbox One. But I'll eventually get one of these (when they come to Australia) to use as my "everywhere" controller. So sync it to my Mac, Alienware, iPad, iPhone etc.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
noticed my CC was charged on friday, hope that means mine is hipping soon :D

So, odd thing happening...

I have saved designs, but I finally decided which one I wanted to order.

Whenever I click to add an engraving, the website stalls and goes to white screen. When I close the window and go back to the design lab it's saved 150 duplicates of the controller to my saved designs... WTF...

I've had to go through and delete them one-by-one twice now...

Try another browser.

Bracket

A few of my designs:

Hm01
SNES

The Flash

Captain America

Wario

Waluigi

NES

Spartan

Sunset Overdrive

Try another browser.

I have. I've tried it on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and on Chrome mobile. Same results...

I can't engrave or place orders. It stalls after too many redirect attempts and then my saved designs get flooded with duplicates. The only thing that I can think, is that I recently changed my gamertag from the generic random one to N0stremitus and I had already shared some designs as my previous gamertag...

I've cleared my cookies and deleted all browsing history....

Honestly, I'm starting to think it's on the server end...

I have. I've tried it on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and on Chrome mobile. Same results...

I can't engrave or place orders. It stalls after too many redirect attempts and then my saved designs get flooded with duplicates. The only thing that I can think, is that I recently changed my gamertag from the generic random one to N0stremitus and I had already shared some designs as my previous gamertag...

I've cleared my cookies and deleted all browsing history....

Honestly, I'm starting to think it's on the server end...

I just mentioned trying another browser, because I had an issue before and that was Microsoft's recommendation. They were having trouble with it on a certain browser.

Too bad it's still borked for you. Sorry to hear that.

I think I may go with this one
Hm01

Looks like mine, except I went heavy on the red, with red joysticks and I think red shoulder buttons. And white lettered face buttons.

If these things weren't $115.00 CAD plus tax, I'd probably copy a couple of those designs (specifically the European SNES one). It's just too expensive, though.

Bracket

Those designs look awesome. Great work. I'll be ordering a SNES version for sure.

The Captain America design also looks great. Very patriotic.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm going to update my post with links so you can directly order it if you wish. I'll provide the links here too.

SNES | The Flash | Captain America | Wario

Waluigi | Sunset Overdrive | Spartan | NES

I created a few more (some of these may be hit or miss):

Coca-Cola

Yoshi

Joker

Pikachu

Kirby

Sonic

N64

Bracket

Do these have the S grips?

I believe so.

Features and specifications
For Xbox One and Windows 7/8.1/10
Up to 40 foot range with Xbox One S
Features Bluetooth® for easy wireless gaming on Windows 10 devices
Remap buttons through the Xbox Accessories app
Compatible with Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, Chat Headset, Stereo Headset, Chatpad and more
Includes 3.5mm stereo headset jack and (2) AA batteries
Textured grip for more control

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

I just mentioned trying another browser, because I had an issue before and that was Microsoft's recommendation. They were having trouble with it on a certain browser.Y8

Too bad it's still borked for you. Sorry to hear that.

Looks like mine, except I went heavy on the red, with red joysticks and I think red shoulder buttons. And white lettered face buttons.
Yeah... Looks like I'll be ordering the bog standard one.

I swear MS hate money or something. I need a replacement for my controller on PC and with my birthday coming up my GF was going to get me a custom one with my Steam name on it. Apparently they're still saying 2017 for the UK? It also apparently won't be until September next year? That's just dumb. I'll be ordering another 360 controller for Windows now instead and it will probably last me another decade and I'll be bypassing these all together now.

Really don't see a reason why they can't produce these for other countries.

I wound up ordering the white one last week.
Created a new Microsoft account in order to design a controller...

How long do they normally take to ship?

Rt08.png

Rt08%201.png

Rt08%202.png

Just got a notification from MS that the 5 that I ordered are being shipped and due in 8/31. I ordered these back in mid-July, so might give some others an idea of delivery.

Oh, and why order 5? I made custom controllers for my groomsmen for my wedding.

If these grips are exactly like the ones that came with the Xbox One S, then they are different than the controller grips that came with the Lunar and Forza special editions.

Theorry

They just posted this. That indeed they started shipping now.

"At E3 we unveiled Xbox Design Lab, our newest way to offer Xbox fans more choice and personalization in how they play. Xbox Design Lab is an online customization program on Xbox.com that let’s fans design their very own Xbox Wireless Controller with more than 8 million different color combinations to choose from.

As orders have been coming in, we’ve been busy with production as each controller is handmade to order, and are happy to announce that the first batch of orders have shipped today! Fans who already placed their orders can expect to receive their personalized controllers in early September. For all other orders, fans can expect to receive their controllers in just 14 business days.

Since Xbox Design Lab opened for orders on June 13, we’ve seen a tremendous amount of interest and excitement. We’ve had millions of visits to the site and hundreds of thousands of designs saved and shared across the Community Gallery, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more. It’s also great to see so many controllers are being ordered with the laser engraving option, where fans add their name, gamertag or a custom 16-character message to make their Xbox Wireless Controller even more personal.

Xbox Design Lab is open for orders in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico by visiting xbox.com/xboxdesignlab or select Microsoft Stores. We look forward to bringing Xbox Design Lab to more Xbox markets in 2017 and will have more to share in the near future.

Thanks to all our fans for the positive feedback and love for Xbox Design Lab!

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/26/xbox-design-lab-shipping-today/#Jsml2AtRfjZHwEOH.99"

U2NUMB

Well ordered 2 .. one for my brother and best friend who are standing up in my wedding. No way I will get them before next week but I will show them the print outs.

Went with an Altanta Brraves theme on one and an Edmonton Oilers theme on the other... also engraved their # and names from our playing days...

Certainly not cheap but I think they will love them...

They just posted this. That indeed they started shipping now.

"At E3 we unveiled Xbox Design Lab, our newest way to offer Xbox fans more choice and personalization in how they play. Xbox Design Lab is an online customization program on Xbox.com that let’s fans design their very own Xbox Wireless Controller with more than 8 million different color combinations to choose from.

As orders have been coming in, we’ve been busy with production as each controller is handmade to order, and are happy to announce that the first batch of orders have shipped today! Fans who already placed their orders can expect to receive their personalized controllers in early September. For all other orders, fans can expect to receive their controllers in just 14 business days.

Since Xbox Design Lab opened for orders on June 13, we’ve seen a tremendous amount of interest and excitement. We’ve had millions of visits to the site and hundreds of thousands of designs saved and shared across the Community Gallery, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more. It’s also great to see so many controllers are being ordered with the laser engraving option, where fans add their name, gamertag or a custom 16-character message to make their Xbox Wireless Controller even more personal.

Xbox Design Lab is open for orders in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico by visiting xbox.com/xboxdesignlab or select Microsoft Stores. We look forward to bringing Xbox Design Lab to more Xbox markets in 2017 and will have more to share in the near future.

Thanks to all our fans for the positive feedback and love for Xbox Design Lab!

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/26/xbox-design-lab-shipping-today/#Jsml2AtRfjZHwEOH.99"

I'm wondering what first batch of orders was shipped. I placed my order the same day they were first announced. Pulled out my cell phone and ordered them mere hours after the presentation. Yet my order status still says backordered.

My guess is that perhaps they set the production line based on colors, so if you ordered and odd (or less common) color combination, your order got bumped to the back of the line or something. Doesn't seem to be much else of a reason why a day 1 order would still be on backordered status after they've already started shipping.

sviri

Most of these look fantastic. What a neat way to allow gamers to customize their experience. I wish Sony would make a premium DS4 controller, and also allow customization like this.

Top Bottom