• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG Kojima Interview on Metal Gear Solid V (User-generated missions, MGO confirmed)

Man, I'm just so glad a proper fucking Metal Gear game is coming out. Half the fun is the anticipation and the trailers. Looking forward to the next year or so before release.

Is this really a surprise to you?

Ground Zeroes is completely vaporware at this point. It was announced first, but since then, we've seen nothing, just Phantom Pain.

I suspect they will both be on one disk.

We saw parts of Ground Zeroes in the E3 trailer. Paz getting the bomb removed from her stomach, Big Boss doing.. something with Chico.

Buntabox

We saw parts of Ground Zeroes in the E3 trailer. Paz getting the bomb removed from her stomach, Big Boss doing.. something with Chico.

New CQC "choke children" move. Fits with the child soldier themes.

My guess is he is a little upset with Chico when he finds out Chico gave up info on Motherbase.
But that is for the other thread honestly.

kairu

Hopefully MGO wont require a seperate Konami ID again this time. That was terrible. I loved MGO, though! Exciting news that its coming back!

So is it gonna be like Red Dead MP but with metal gears?

I would like:

- 40-50 players.
- Much larger maps.
- Vehicles.
- Classes / Jobs / whatever you call them.
- A mode like Warzone from Killzone 2, call it Encounter or something Metal Gear-ish.

Get rid of:

- Invincibility frames.
- Box popping.
- Rolling. Use the awesome dive from the trailer.
- Auto-aim.

RoeBear

I would like:
Get rid of:

- Invincibility frames.
- Box popping.
- Auto-aim.

You've got it all wrong, at least on everything besides the first part. Auto-aim isn't something that was required, and was needed for those with bad connections as it was the only way to reliably hit them. Box popping although highly unrealistic provided an extra strategy to evade shots and skill was needed to execute it. I wouldn't be upset if they were gone, but there were viable reasons for their existence.

Izick

Feel bad for the next-generation. The game of that generation is going to be on the PS360 as well.

Everything is looking and sounding amazing per usual.

You've got it all wrong, at least on everything besides the first part. Auto-aim isn't something that was required, and was needed for those with bad connections as it was the only way to reliably hit them. Box popping although highly unrealistic provided an extra strategy to evade shots and skill was needed to execute it. I wouldn't be upset if they were gone, but there were viable reasons for their existence.

Auto-aim should not be in any competitive game, period.

Skill... for box popping? Yeah, tapping L2 anytime a bullet gets near you is so intensive. :p
You should only be able to equip the box when you are completely still and it should not be instantaneous, it should take at least 1 second. It's way too easy to abuse the old way.

This may be the only online multiplayer shooter that I extremely psyched to play.

This. Lots and lots of this.

None of you chumps better use that horse sneaking trick on me in MGO otherwise I'll blow you and your horse away.

Just shoot every horse you see approaching. Gotta be sure. :p

images

better pic

diamount

Banned
MGO Coming Back!!!!

Just don't mess it up like the last one did. Looked like a great MP game that was utterly murdered by horrible account stuff.

Yeah, I'll have no idea why Konami decided to use their own account system on-top of PSN. Boggles the mind.

I would like:

- 40-50 players.
- Much larger maps.
- Vehicles.

- Classes / Jobs / whatever you call them.
- A mode like Warzone from Killzone 2, call it Encounter or something Metal Gear-ish.

Get rid of:

- Invincibility frames.
- Box popping.
- Auto-aim.

Will never happen but

otherwise
- 1 player as Metal Gear vs a team of players
- MGO1 SNE to return
- Every major character of the series with each version to be in as special characters(can be added as DLC) for example
(MG1-MGS4 Snake, young & old Ocelot, The Boss, Sniper Wolf, etc..)
- All special characters game type.

Riposte

Making the environments too big/open and adding a lot of players could make it more like Battlefield than MGO. Not exactly what I would hope for. For example if the map is a giant desert, how exactly would something like Team Sneak be playable?

I thought about so many ways to improve/change MGO... just off the top of my head, I'd like it if boxes on the map were randomized and there was some sort of penalty (short animation lock) when you attack/destroy an empty box. Small things like that I would like a lot.

RoeBear

Auto-aim should not be in any competitive game, period.

Skill... for box popping? Yeah, tapping L2 anytime a bullet gets near you is so intensive. :p
You should only be able to equip the box when you are completely still and it should not be instantaneous, it should take at least 1 second. It's way too easy to abuse the old way.

Auto-aim should be in more competitive games as there is always a discrepancy when it comes to lag. It's sometimes the only reliable way to hit someone who is lagging. Without auto-aim it would have been impossible to hit glitchers/laggers towards the end of MGO2's life cycle. Box popping required a huge amount of skill as the one doing it would need to constantly calibrate their aim in order to actually kill the opponent.

MGO was so fucking amazing. I hope they dont change it too much, just polish up what was in MGS4.

This game will force me to go next gen sooner than I thought, damn.

I miss MGO so much. Sometimes when my friend ask what I wanna play I say MGO on accident and get sad that I'll never play such a unique game again.

Making the environments too big/open and adding a lot of players could make it more like Battlefield than MGO. Not exactly what I would hope for. For example if the map is a giant desert, how exactly would something like Team Sneak be playable?

I thought about so many ways to improve/change MGO... just off the top of my head, I'd like it if boxes on the map were randomized and there was some sort of penalty (short animation lock) when you attack/destroy an empty box. Small things like that I would like a lot.

For large maps, give each team an actual base that the enemy team can infiltrate to get something / mess up the other teams' stuff somehow.

As for Team Sneaking, certain modes could be restricted to certain maps/player limit. Not all of the maps have to be super huge either: have small maps for <16p; medium maps for 16-24p; and large maps with vehicles for >30p.

RoeBear

Åesop;63423476 said:
http://i.minus.com/ibdFui8u0j3hg.gif

Levels in MGO were an indication of skill. Everyone higher than lvl 13 used box popping in some capacity. If it lacked skill at all anyone could just do it and be considered a high level. This wasn't the case people that were incapable of aiming after going into a box would be promptly shot in the head for a instant kill.

Watevaman

I think this is the first time I've heard of people actually enjoying MGO, yet alone loving it. By the time I got into it I'm guessing it was too late because there was spawn camping galore and incredibly skilled people put me off trying to enjoy it.

I am looking forward to all aspects of V, though, even MGO.

What they should do with the boxes around the map is this:

1. Make their locations either truly random, or have multiple possible spawn points for each box that is chosen at random.

2. Have every box rigged with a Stun Grenade booby-trap. That way, if somebody shoots at an empty box, it blows up and they get blinded temporarily; and if they dive into/CQC the box, they're blinded and lose a chunk of stamina.

You say that, but I don't see why not if you replace Rex with Zeke :p

How about having a clan system -- or more appropriately, a PMC system -- that players join and through time/money/unlocks, the PMC is able to build their own Metal Gear from a selection of different parts?

Yeah... that'd be sweet.

Levels in MGO were an indication of skill. Everyone higher than lvl 13 used box popping in some capacity. If it lacked skill at all anyone could just do it and be considered a high level. This wasn't the case people that were incapable of aiming after going into a box would be promptly shot in the head for a instant kill.

Levels in MGO were an indication of stat boosting tryhards and/or lagswitchers 90% of the time.

Top Bottom