• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Next Xbox Event scheduled for April 26th

FordGTGuy

Banned
And? Are people really losing their shit that they have to wait a tad bit longer for DLC of all things? I thought we all hated DLC here?

All I care about are actual games being delayed or stolen from other platforms. That kind of moneyhatting is the worst.

What about it? It's almost guaranteed to be pointless content.

Still moneyhatting, I just think it's funny how Sony is treated like a little innocent angel when both Microsoft and Sony pull the same crap.

El_Chino

And? Are people really losing their shit that they have to wait a tad bit longer for DLC of all things? I thought we all hated DLC here?

All I care about are actual games being delayed or stolen from other platforms. That kind of moneyhatting is the worst.

You say that as if you know what it is already.

Ballmer eating Kaz and shitting out a Reggie.

Challenge accepted.

What do you base this assumption on?

Raven77

- Sizzle reel of random 360 games.

- Stage dark, logo comes on screen, new name of xbox console

- 3 "hardcore gamers" games shown - racer, shooter, shooter

- next 45 minutes spent on services like NETFLIX, illumiroom, and other random junk

-
following 45 minutes spent on Kinect 2 and how EVERYTHING IS BETTER with Kinect 2

-
Show "ends" then Master Chiefs voice begins announcing Halo 5 to make all the hardcore gamers dry their eyes and fool them into thinking MS still gives two-flying-monkey-fucks about them

God...oh mighty GOD I hope I'm wrong...but truthfully, I'm probably somewhat close in this prediction.

Wasn't Bioshock a big moneyhat as well. It was suppose to be multiplatform the whole time. Microsoft did have the timed exclusive RE6 demo, but from what I heard that game is shit.

- next 45 minutes spent on services like NETFLIX, illumiroom, and other random junk

-
following 45 minutes spent on Kinect 2 and how EVERYTHING IS BETTER with Kinect 2

-
Show "ends" then Master Chiefs voice begins announcing Halo 5 to make all the hardcore gamers dry their eyes and fool them into thinking MS still gives two-flying-monkey-fucks about them

God...oh mighty GOD I hope I'm wrong...but truthfully, I'm probably somewhat close in this prediction.
Why don't you just read this thread first

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511206&page=35

RoKKeR

GTA V surprise Durango exclusivity, (probably a few months) console releases on September 17th w/GTA.

My bold and stupid prediction.

RoKKeR

MS moneyhat well spent.
I'd be just fine with it.

If you think about it though, GTA is going to have some significant next gen presence. No way in hell R* releases their biggest title yet only on consoles at the end of their life cycle. Especially when their successors won't be backwards compatible. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

stktt

Banned

-

-

At this point, a singe tear trickles down my check, knowing that the end times are truly upon us. I then snap out of my delusion and enjoy some Alan Wake and Forza.

MormaPope

Banned
GTA 5 being a launch title for Durango would end GAF for good.

404-image.gif

Would be in spades if that happened.

alphaNoid

Banned
Paul Therrott has been saying the end of April for several months now. This isn't new news really. He also is on record confirming there are 2 Xbox consoles coming out this year. Not 2 SKUs.. 2 consoles. If you do the math, look back at older rumors and leaks this likely means..

1. Xbox "Loop" - a settop box, like AppleTV that is running streamed services with powerful enough GPU/specs to run current XBLA games+futuregen digital games. Super cheap, like $99-149
2. Xbox "Durango" - the true successor to the 360, full fledged console.

The idea is that MS is going to get out the nextgen gate running, in that they instead of pricing a console high and taking years to discount it to hit mass market sales. They will penetrate both markets immediately. For instance..

*note : made up pricing

Nextgen consoles :

Playstation
PS4
(2) SKUs
(1) Lower tier, less features : $449
(1) Higher tier, full experience : $549

Prices remain this for 2 years, then $50 drop. Wait another year or 2 for $100 drop and prices stay there until the end of the gen.

Xbox
"Durango"
(2) SKUs
(1) Lower tier, less featuers : $399
(1) Higher tier, full experience : $499

Prices remain this for 2 years, then $50 drop. Wait another year or 2 for $100 drop and prices stay there until the end of the gen.

"Loop"
(1) SKU
(1) Bottom tier, offers digital games and media consumption : $99-149

Price remains the same for 2 years, then $50 drop. Stays there until the end of the gen.

With this market, MS beats Sony to the bottom-line mass market day 1. As far as consumers see it, they can get into the Xbox brand day 1 for a discounted price, and honestly.. thats all that matters to many consumers. But with this I feel it would canabalize their own market.. so the "Loop" will come out 6 months after the Durango has built the brand and platform. Then introduce the affordable cousin that does less.

UrbanRats

I think Microsoft started this/last gen (the 360 one) better than everybody else.
They dropped the ball these last few years, when it comes to hardcore gaming, relying on 3rd parties a lot, getting a bad reputation for their arcade policies and such, despite that though, i want to stay positive about this event and console.
Hopefully they were just gearing up for next gen, in these last Kinect fueled years, and now it's time to show that.

Still moneyhatting, I just think it's funny how Sony is treated like a little innocent angel when both Microsoft and Sony pull the same crap.

Moneyhatting is only bad when its not for the console you intend on purchasing. For example where were the moneyhatting cries when Sony showed Diablo 3? There were none because as long as a game is on PS3 or PC and in this case both then it's perfectly fine.

thuway

Moneyhatting is only bad when its not for the console you intend on purchasing. For example where were the moneyhatting cries when Sony showed Diablo 3? There were none because as long as a game is on PS3 or PC and in this case both then it's perfectly fine.

Honestly I hate money hats in either direction. I would rather Sony or MS spend it towards their own first party development. MS could amass an army of devs, but they aren't interested in becoming an entertainment company for content creation. They are looking at living room domination via hardware and services.

thuway

Also this is most likely what's gonna happen:

Durango:

$299 - Small HD, no kinnect
$399 - large HD and Kinnect

PS4
$399 - Core with small HD, Camera
$499- Larger HD, Camera special finish

MormaPope

Banned
Yes, with 99% more Kinect. Enjoy your Halo 5.

11zrx3.gif

If you honestly believe Halo 5 is going to be kinect based, you're one delusional dude, dude.

Also I guess the casual market that enjoys casual games should fuck off I guess, so that the "hardcore" feel better about their hobby.

So they were forced to show early? I thought they were only going to demo at E3? Guess Sony had a greater impact than most people were expecting.

edit: dat spell

harSon

Banned
So they were forced to show early? I thought they were only going to demo at E3? Guess Sony had a greater impact that most people were expecting.

While it's not known for sure, they were likely always going to have a conference for the next Xbox prior to e3. They did the same thing for the original Xbox and Xbox 360.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The Ballmer gifs only serve to remind me how much I dislike Microsoft as a company. Such a disgusting slimeball.

The Xbox division needs a new spokesperson stat.

Top Bottom