• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Next Xbox Event scheduled for April 26th

t0Cnrlc.gif

Yoshi Ballmer
BTW, that's Ballmer's tongue.

Holy shit.

just need 3 things from microsoft and i'll be happy:

- Strong, exclusive, first party games (that are non-kinect)
- built in wifi
- Free to play online

and being as powerful as PS4 would be nice too if they can pull it off, but thats not as important to me as the above.

As a member of the Kaz cult I salute the yoshi Ballmer :lol. We need more creative gifs like that :). Great job.

Might even go Ballmer avatar before the event.

Not sure why, but when I save the pic it turns to a black background in my editor when I attempt to resize it down to avatar size. I appreciate your effort regardless. Great stuff.

dejay

Banned
MS chose two months to come up with new name and case design in response to Sony.

I've just visited the future to bring you the reveal.

1p8DSLE.jpg

syko de4d

How big is the chance for:

"Hey you know the leaked Specs? Yeahe they are true but over 1 year old. Here is what we really got. We worked hard for years on DX12 and worked hard with AMD together to bring the most important parts of DX12 in a new custome GPU, which will be in the new Xbox"

and for:

"Here look Kinect 2" (and it doesn´t suck)

squidyj

"Hey you know the leaked Specs? Yeahe they are true but over 1 year old. Here is what we really got. We worked hard for years on DX12 and worked hard with AMD together to bring the most important parts of DX12 in a new custome GPU, which will be in the new Xbox"

and for:

"Here look Kinect 2" (and it doesn´t suck)

practically nil? also directx version number is sort of meaningless and not so much related to consoles even with how the 360 works.

Reiko

Banned
practically nil? also directx version number is sort of meaningless and not so much related to consoles even with how the 360 works.

Direct X 12? Of course.

If anything has changed... It's a internal move that not even first party devs know about.

(This would be a measure to keep Sony in the dark)

Xbudz

I was imagining the nerdbombs going off in my head as I read this.
Huge if they pulled that.

DasMarcos

Banned
If the response really is in late April it'll be interesting to see what they actually show for their event. Seeing as that date is much much closer to E3 I wonder what they would want to show.

I'm not getting my hopes up though and am just planning for the full reveals in June.

Biggzy

If the response really is in late April it'll be interesting to see what they actually show for their event. Seeing as that date is much much closer to E3 I wonder what they would want to show.

I'm not getting my hopes up though and am just planning for the full reveals in June.

Which is why I think the event will not be full of gameplay demos and reveals because E3 is for that and is right round the corner. They will focus on getting the message out that it is an entertainment box and not just a games console.

If they focus on Kinect, they'll fail.

Kinect is going to be the center piece of Durango; they will focus a lot on it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So 2 months, that is a lot of time for leaks to occur. They must be pretty confident in no one spilling the beans.
After the first leak, the raid, and the article about how MS operate, yeah I think people are watching what they say.

I think MS is a bit leakier of a ship than Sony in general though, so we'll see.

Interfectum

Aren't the durango beta-devkits being sent out this week? We'll probably get some leaks from that (if there are any significant changes).

Ashler

Wow, 2 months away. If true, then MS really wasn't expecting Sony to make the first move so soon.

Let's hope they bring it. New hardware is always such an exciting time.

Reiko

Banned
That won't matter when more and more dev kits enter the wild, unless of course their focus isn't games.

SuperDaE pushed too far and look where it got him.

After the first leak, the raid, and the article about how MS operate, yeah I think people are watching what they say.

I think MS is a bit leakier of a ship than Sony in general though, so we'll see.

Thank SuperDaE for exposing a flaw in MS security:/

Top Bottom