• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Cyberpunk 2077 — Rides of the Dark Future

wolfboy203

Neo Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'll take as many shots against R* as I desire because the gameplay and mission design in their games is absolutely dog shit and has been for ten years. I hope they can sort their shit out and deliver a game in which the quality of the gameplay (fun moment to moment gameplay, mechanics, mission design) is in the same league as the quality of their storytelling. It's pointless bringing up GTA 3 - that's one of the best games ever made (TOP 5 for me). Very few games have attained that level of greatness. Certainly R* have failed in every attempt.
Agreed! R* Mission design is too scripted for their own good and on almost every mission too? C'mon R*. In Cyberpunk, you can tackle a mission in so many different ways with actual choices affecting the outcome more often than not. The missions won't fail if you stray off the beaten path too..Also EDMIX EDMIX , CP2077 was never 3rd person to begin with so I don't know where that argument came from..

Puskas

Sep 14, 2018
Fuck me sideways. That looks sooooo good.

Definitely saving this game for the next-gen consoles, a must buy.

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
I was thinking the same after i wrote the post tbh...this stuff is pretty hard to compare.

Animations, how npc reacts to what you do, how they interact with the world, with how many objects or stuff you can interact with, number of recorded lines for npc etc.

Maybe we can open a poll, they are both third party so no fanboys bullshit (in theory).
Be ready for the Soy Wolf from now. Here:

I think CP2077 will win in that regard.

Pagusas

Jun 9, 2006
Prosper, Tx
yea you can't customize the cars. "tune" to change performance, sure.......you can't customize the cars.....
I have a feeling that will be DLC in the future.

Future DLC predictions:

1. New regions or new buildings opening up to explore
2. New character classes/stories. I really think we'll get a military/police class story dlc
3. Multiplayer (we already know this is in the works)
4. New biomods
5. New Weapons
6. New Cloths
7. Car Skins/customizations and new cars
8. Flying cars at some point
9. New mini games

• Thoughtful
Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
South Florida aka Outer Haven
I have a feeling that will be DLC in the future.

Future DLC predictions:

1. New regions or new buildings opening up to explore
2. New character classes/stories. I really think we'll get a military/police class story dlc
3. Multiplayer (we already know this is in the works)
4. New biomods
5. New Weapons
6. New Cloths
7. Car Skins/customizations and new cars
8. Flying cars at some point
9. New mini games
Agreed. I think a good chunk of what you stated is very, very likely. I think CDPR is going the GTA direction and will update it with different features. I don't think the similarities to GTA are an accident.

Reactions: MrS

4QGamers

Dec 16, 2018
All of you idiots that think rdr2 or gta v will remain better than cp77 with be brutally proven wrong. Rdr2 is boring hills and trees for the most part. Gta v is bigger, but who cares when most buildings aren't explorable. Cp77 has environmental artists placing assets in every nook and crany to make the world seem lived in. The few people who have gotten to play the game early all seemed in awe at how lived in it felt. You could literally walk around like a fucking walking simulator and still enjoy yourself. Also, I think open worlds that are more so only horizontal are boring. Cp77 will be incredibly vertical. To the point of some mega structures having multiple floors to explore. Im sure they'll be like they're own sort of neighborhoods like the movie Dredd (2012).

Also quests and missions will be infinitely better based out some quests will have up to 7 different out comes. Since its first person only, npc will react if you look at certain areas within your perspective, such as an npc's arm that could be hiding a gun. This would make the npc more hostile or nervous. Also, the level designs will be varied to a guns blazing, stealth or hacking various technologies within the environment.

While casually exploring, there's also npc incidences like an anti-tech monk preaching about the evils of cyber wear and a couple of girls taking pictures of him and making fun of him. So stuff like that will add to the world.

Also the weapons will be more varied and will have stats and rpg elements. Your clothes have stats. Your body mods have stats and affect your HUD. Even the factory brands will be displayed on your UI, depending on what cyber mods you're using. That alone is more interesting than what Rockstar has to offer. I mean, cp77 will have loot of various rarities. The gun animations are incredibly detailed too. There's guns with noticeable fingerprints for fuck's sake.

Even the car interiors are mind blowing to just stare at for a minute.

Believe me, I could go on. Y'all thinking because you can't ride a damn train and because you can go into first AND third person are going to be proven so wrong, you'll come back here late November and wonder why you said something so retarded.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
Are you saying you can’t customise vehicles in CP? Is that confirmed? :(
Correct.

You can "tune" them in terms of performance, but not customization ala Forza series, GTA series, Watchdogs series etc.

• Empathy
Reactions: DrScissorsMD

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
CP2077 was never 3rd person
Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have.

In Cyberpunk, you can tackle a mission in so many different ways with actual choices affecting the outcome
Yea....something that many games can do several generations back. We get both games are not the same in every regard, but you can't cherry pick 1 feature they are doing and then ignore obvious removed or lacked features that could only help the title.

So I don't know how one is beating another, when they don't even have the ability to ride the train, something that could be done in GTA3 mind you. How I see it, meet or beat. Meet those features and or BEAT THEM and then we can have that conversation.

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a day 1 for me and no where am I arguing that Red Dead 2 feels amazing with its gameplay as it feels like shit, but thats how I feel about Witcher 3's gameplay, so for all you know...I might end up feeling BOTH games feel like crap.

Doesn't help that CP2077 then has a list of missing features, removed features etc

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
Be ready for the Soy Wolf from now. Here:

I think CP2077 will win in that regard.
A lot of people in here love w3 and hate rdr2, maybe a poll is not such a smart idea after all :ROFLMAO:

Just for the record, i will gladly use this avatar if this means that cyberpunk beat rdr2 in those aspects.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and EDMIX

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
A lot of people in here love w3 and hate rdr2, maybe a poll is not such a smart idea after all :ROFLMAO:
I really didn't like RDR2 much, and to make things worse it was extremely easy, or let's say "insultingly" easy. RDR1 was a masterpiece, one of my best games of all times, and it was hard enough to give you the joy playing it. I packed 1 pound of muscle on my thumb mashing X 80% of the game to get from point A to point B. It was 8/10 at best for me. The map was wonderful, environment from a distance looks realistic and trees look like had-crafted instead of randomly cloned. It wasn't fun to play.

Hey, Death Stranding wasn't fun, but man what a unique experience and music it had.

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
I really didn't like RDR2 much, and to make things worse it was extremely easy, or let's say "insultingly" easy. RDR1 was a masterpiece, one of my best games of all times, and it was hard enough to give you the joy playing it. I packed 1 pound of muscle on my thumb mashing X 80% of the game to get from point A to point B. It was 8/10 at best for me. The map was wonderful, environment from a distance looks realistic and trees look like had-crafted instead of randomly cloned. It wasn't fun to play.

Hey, Death Stranding wasn't fun, but man what a unique experience and music it had.
DS was piss easy and the plot\characters\writing were shit compared to rdr2.
also if you play rdr2 without autoaim it's like 10x times more difficult than DS, mostly because the aim and cover mechanics are rather poor (at least on console with a controller).

We just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfboy203

wolfboy203

Neo Member
Jun 8, 2020
Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have.

Yea....something that many games can do several generations back. We get both games are not the same in every regard, but you can't cherry pick 1 feature they are doing and then ignore obvious removed or lacked features that could only help the title.

So I don't know how one is beating another, when they don't even have the ability to ride the train, something that could be done in GTA3 mind you. How I see it, meet or beat. Meet those features and or BEAT THEM and then we can have that conversation.

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a day 1 for me and no where am I arguing that Red Dead 2 feels amazing with its gameplay as it feels like shit, but thats how I feel about Witcher 3's gameplay, so for all you know...I might end up feeling BOTH games feel like crap.

Doesn't help that CP2077 then has a list of missing features, removed features etc
"Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have."

That doesn't make any sense since they chose not to implement it in the 1st place..like I don't understand how would that make CP 2077 worse than GTA..

& You're right that games already had this but in gta and rdr 2 if you decide to go too much off the beaten path, then you'll automatically fail said mission which sucks(Online is kinda different but still)

Certain features were removed because they felt that it wouldn't work gameplay or design wise. It sucks but it makes sense. I'm sure that R* does the same thing on their game as well but gameplay and story choice wise, CP may have the edge here..Gameplay wise, who knows I mean we gotta wait and see but I wont be surprised if certain elements end up being called out as kinda clunky & what not. Also, they could add removed features back in later if need be but its not guaranteed at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMIX and 4QGamers

B-universe

Mar 23, 2020
I was just banned on that other site

They are doing a real crusade against this game/company over there, and anyone willing to buy the game or excited for it, holy shit
Welcome.

You can express both your enthusiasm and/or any criticism you have here. In either case your opinions might be challenged, but it's ok. You're an adult. You can take it.

Again, welcome!

Reactions: mancer81