• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delay to September 17

I'm going to use throughout 2020 :/

5lcvyOS.jpg

Jacknapes

I was kind of expecting a delay on the release, it might hurt sales a bit as the next-gen machines are coming approx 2 months later. Hopefully the games polished in this time.

For my birthday !
Well I thinking how I could finish FFVII remake before cyberpunk, now I know!

It’s always annoying those reports but I have faith in them.
It’s for a good reason.

A very big ass "If" we get our hands on CyberPunk in Sep..no faith after the delay and project being in the works for 50yrs.

Next gen consoles being apart only a month or 2!! Hell no, no thank you, I'll wait for inevitable upgraded ver. in 2045.

It's just in my blood, I never go back to peasant while having next gen mashines in front of me.

Tiamat2san

A very big ass "If" we get our hands on CyberPunk in Sep..no faith after the delay and project being in the works for 50yrs.

Next gen consoles being apart only a month or 2!! Hell no, no thank you, I'll wait for inevitable upgraded ver. in 2045.

It's just in my blood, I never go back to peasant while having next gen mashines in front of me.
With a patch, the game will be gorgeous. (It will be great on the X regardless )
No launch game will have the size , the attention to detail this game will have.

I’ll buy it day one to support the developer, but I’ll do a full run once next-gen will be out.

imsosleepy

they made witcher 3 one of the greatest games of all time. their dlcs have been fantastic and as a company i dont know what else they can do to earn the benefit of the doubt. they have backed up their words with actions unlike most other game companies
Their 2 dlc packs have been fucking better then many triple A games..

Heart and stone story with the wedding was amazing and fucking funny with that ghost.

Blood and wine amazing enviroment, interessting characters and many FUN Side quests. Their reputation is awesome

Irobot82

I'm ok with this. I just built a new PC but I didn't upgrade my GPU (still running a 1080). It'll be nice to have both AMD's and Nvidia's next gens GPU's out and see what gives me the best price/perf and go from there.

Justin9mm

they made witcher 3 one of the greatest games of all time. their dlcs have been fantastic and as a company i don't know what else they can do to earn the benefit of the doubt. they have backed up their words with actions unlike most other game companies
I don't doubt the game is probably great but a long delay like that is not good no matter who you are. Yes they back up their words with actions but don't doubt for a second that it could still be partly to do with a bad release date window. We will never really know.

Had it also been a delay without being in the year of releasing the next gen consoles then I wouldn't care so much but literally a month to month and a half from releasing PS5 and Series X.. C'mon man!!! If you are someone who is buying a next gen console from Day 1 then it's too close to not wait it out to play it which sucks! It won't hurt their sales overall but it will for their Day 1 sales.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Lol i hate being right every time

you're not the only one who has said these consoles are too weak.

it's obvious when they have a crappy little cpu, 8gb ram, and a weak ass GPU.

i'll just get it on PC :)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There is so much good shit coming out, I'm not even mad.
so much shit? Like what?
re3 and Doom. 20hours and You are done with both of those games.
last of us 2? ok add another 10 hours.
A lot of good shit was coming out last gen. Now if we get 3 games in few months, people go crazy like if 50 games came out

LOLCats

Banned
Did anyone else have Microsoft cancel your Cyberpunk 2077 digital pre-order?

I received an email that it was "by request" ... which i didn't request, just wondering if anyone else had the same happen?

Last edited:

scalman

i hate when consoles are blame for game delay, guess they went too ambitious and now X1 cant keep up with that even at 720p . This wont look good on those older consoles im sure.

Did anyone else have Microsoft cancel your Cyberpunk 2077 digital pre-order?

I received an email that it was "by request" ... which i didn't request, just wondering if anyone else had the same happen?

Yup, cancelled and I ain't even mad no more..shits irrelevant at this point. Next gen in Nov.

Top Bottom