• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Developer CD Projekt RED Promises Two AAA Games by 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-developer-promises-two-aaa-games-by-2021

Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt RED has been fairly busy getting the open world, FPS/RPG ready. Despite how massive the project is, it hasn’t dulled the studio’s desire to release two triple-A games by 2021. A recent comment by CD Projekt moderator Donata Popławska on the company’s official forum reaffirmed as much.

“As for the strategy of the CD PROJEKT Capital Group for the years 2016-2021, plans for the release of the second AAA game until 2021 remain unchanged. We are currently focusing on the production and promotion of Cyberpunk, so we do not want to comment on further projects.” Even with Popławska’s comments in mind, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect a reveal of the second project by late 2019/early 2020.

Dontero

Banned
Cyberpunk 2077 this year. Here we go.

I would love for second game to be game set in witcher world where you make your own witcher and ame is all about those sidequests with almost no main story.

klosos

I mean Cyberpunk as 400+ people working on it , so unless they have hired a shit ton more people how can they release two Big RPG;'s close together and before 2021 , Maybe they are publishing a game right now letting another studio do the donkey work , which will be released under the CD project banner maybe ?

also what do they mean by AAA tho , because CD project RED might have seen ThroneBreaker ( which apparently is fantastic) as AAA as well

ZywyPL

Banned
Dunno why but I smell an XB2 exclusive...

[...] how can they release two Big RPG;'s [...]

Who said the second game will also be an RPG? Maybe it will be an action FPP/TPP, that has less complex world and doesn't require that much time and workforce to make. Because yeah, making another game with TW3/CP2077 scope seems to be simply impossible, especially within that timeframe.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
why make such a statement? people will think CP77 is the not main focus and riot.

I mean Cyberpunk as 400+ people working on it , so unless they have hired a shit ton more people how can they release two Big RPG;'s close together and before 2021 , Maybe they are publishing a game right now letting another studio do the donkey work , which will be released under the CD project banner maybe ?

also what do they mean by AAA tho , because CD project RED might have seen ThroneBreaker ( which apparently is fantastic) as AAA as well

new studio consising of devs from:

Dying Light
The Witcher series
Hitman (2016)
Dead Island
Call of Juarez series

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
I'm starting to think the other title is an xbox or playstation exclusive of some sort.

Makes no sense. TW3 sold about 20mln units. They are floating in money. Maybe not Fornite level of money but well enough to fund several AAA games, especially when you consider that they are based in Poland where wages are much smaller than in US.

Maybe its an action-adventure game starring Ciri. Smaller scale seems more feasible.

Stupid idea. Ciri is nearly omnipotent.

Bkdk

I think the other AAA game they’re mentioning is very multiplayer focused, thus the development time is shorter and they can be released very close to cyberpunk2077.

h3ad0rZ

Makes no sense. TW3 sold about 20mln units. They are floating in money. Maybe not Fornite level of money but well enough to fund several AAA games, especially when you consider that they are based in Poland where wages are much smaller than in US.

Stupid idea. Ciri is nearly omnipotent.
I dunno. Not so hard to write in some crutch for her. Also, doesn't she travel between worlds? Sounds fun for an adventure game.

mortal

Gold Member
Makes no sense. TW3 sold about 20mln units. They are floating in money. Maybe not Fornite level of money but well enough to fund several AAA games, especially when you consider that they are based in Poland where wages are much smaller than in US..
I admit I'm familiar with the economy of Poland, but I suppose that it would be worth considering. Still, I would be pleasantly surprised if this other title is an extensive action adventure/RPG title adjacent to CP 2077.

Last edited:
Top Bottom