• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that he doens't help a little with casuals, but cyberpunk was already superhyped even before his reveal between the hardcore gamers.
Yes, it was hyped before the reveal. After the reveal and the constant delays the hype is dying. I think this game is gonna bomb hard but we will see.

Ivory Blood

Stumbled across this today in my youtube feed

and was thinking I hope we can play our own music in-game in cars etc. Soo much synthwave goodness needs to be enjoyed in Night City

I'll shamelessly take every chance to post this, as I think it's not a coincidence Health gave their recent track that name. Who knows, maybe they are even doing some songs on the ost, their work on MP3 was simply amazing.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Better gif quality

soXE4AY.gif

redditsave.com-DASH_1080_1.gif

h4rQoi9.png

Yes, it was hyped before the reveal. After the reveal and the constant delays the hype is dying. I think this game is gonna bomb hard but we will see.

It wont bomb. The marketing budget for this game must be absolutely insane. Bigger than other AAA games entire production budget it would seem. There is merchandise everywhere with this game. Events, articles, trailers. Dolls, toys, mugs, etc.

This game is gonna be so huge, it'll completely erase the last of turds 2 from the colective conciousness. Like Witcher 3 did with Bloodborne back in 2015. Like Witcher did with everything else actually.

GymWolf

I REALLY don't think that it's gonna bomb.

But some people on reeee is not gonna buy the game for some made up reasons so you may be onto something here :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Shit, man. First time I'm hearing this. Too bad then. I wonder what CDPR will do. They pour in so much cash and time into this project.

I know right. Cancelled my pre-order straight away, at the news. Come the 19th I'll be laughing at all these fools buying into the hype. The game will be 95% off by Christmas, guaranteed. Spread the word, save your friends. La Bomba. :messenger_8ball:

Last edited:
I know right. Cancelled my pre-order straight away, at the news. Come the 19th I'll be laughing at all these fools buying into the hype. The game will be 95% off by Christmas, guaranteed. Spread the word, save your friends. La Bomba.
Fuck it, I better flush my limited edition Witcher 3 down the toilet just to be safe. I don't want anything to do with CDPR. I only roll with the winners.

FrankWza

There won't be ever a 3rd person patch.
There might some mods if you play it on PC (basically guaranteed), but no official patch from CDPR.
you should watch Macgruber
What is with the first person hate? Never play Deus Ex? Later Fallouts? Elder Scrolls?

Not hate,just prefer 3rd. Never played those games^^. I would try deuce ex but it’s first person. Didn’t fallout have an option to switch?

Senua

Gold Member
you should watch Macgruber

Not hate,just prefer 3rd. Never played those games^^. I would try deuce ex but it’s first person. Didn’t fallout have an option to switch?
Oh fair enough, and yea they did have an option to, was extremely janky though. Abysmal animations

Starfield

I just joined the Cyberpunk2077 Discord and immidiately backed the fuck outta there. Why?

I got "warned" for asking if there's hookers in this game since you MUST follow the official discord rules there which means every discussion has to be PG-13 only......about a game that is 18+....which has prostitution, drug abuse, gore, sex scenes, genital editing and god knows what else in it.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

luffie

Dying hype? Lmao.

Their 30 sec vid with Keanu got 6.6mil views in 2 days... for a game that isn't even out.

Every vid they post now has so many hyped comments.

This must be a troll post, bet your account ;)

It wont bomb. The marketing budget for this game must be absolutely insane. Bigger than other AAA games entire production budget it would seem. There is merchandise everywhere with this game. Events, articles, trailers. Dolls, toys, mugs, etc.

This game is gonna be so huge, it'll completely erase the last of turds 2 from the colective conciousness. Like Witcher 3 did with Bloodborne back in 2015. Like Witcher did with everything else actually.
I'm not talking about sales. It's a given the game will sell, any game can sell with that kind of marketing even if it's a bad game.

I REALLY don't think that it's gonna bomb.

But some people on reeee is not gonna buy the game for some made up reasons so you may be onto something here :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I meant the game is gonna bomb critics wise. It's gonna be an ok game instead of one of the most amazing games ever. Obviously it will sell millions, how could it not with that kind of marketing?

Dying hype? Lmao.

Their 30 sec vid with Keanu got 6.6mil views in 2 days... for a game that isn't even out.

Every vid they post now has so many hyped comments.

This must be a troll post, bet your account ;)
Obviously because it has keanu, not because of the game. Let me clarify, in not saying it's gonna bomb sales wise, I'm saying it's gonna bomb critics wise. Of course it's going to sell millions in its first day, but I believe this game will be just another game and not that amazing incredible game everyone thinks it's gonna be.

MrS

Banned
I meant the game is gonna bomb critics wise. It's gonna be an ok game instead of one of the most amazing games ever. Obviously it will sell millions, how could it not with that kind of marketing?
Modern critics know fuck all about games and hate the industry they work in. Most of them are failed journalists. Better to make up ones own opinion of a game than listen to critics.

mortal

Gold Member
Everything they have showed looks meh. Seems like just another generic fps. We'll see though.
I understand the GTA comparisons to an extent, but I'd be hard pressed to find any FPS titles that resembles CP2077.

What about it comes off as generic to you, if you don't mind me asking?

plushyp

I'll shamelessly take every chance to post this, as I think it's not a coincidence Health gave their recent track that name. Who knows, maybe they are even doing some songs on the ost, their work on MP3 was simply amazing.

Thanks for posting this, didn't even know it was out! The one single thing about CB2077 that I've disliked in all the trailers and information they've revealed is the music. Hyper-Spoiler aside, CDProjekt's music choices in the gameplay and other trailers released till now has been disappointing to me. I get that different districts in the game will have different music but music-wise everything has been underwhelming. Would be great if Health has worked on it but I have extremely low expectations.

mortal

Gold Member
Thanks for posting this, didn't even know it was out! The one single thing about CB2077 that I've disliked in all the trailers and information they've revealed is the music. Hyper-Spoiler aside, CDProjekt's music choices in the gameplay and other trailers released till now has been disappointing to me. I get that different districts in the game will have different music but music-wise everything has been underwhelming. Would be great if Health has worked on it but I have extremely low expectations.
Some of us have been curating a mix playlist for Cyberpunk 2077 playthroughs. Lots of the tracks so far have been assembled into Spotify playlists for easy access playback on consoles/PC.

Feel free to give it a look and contribute some of your own suggestions if you want (y)

I understand the GTA comparisons to an extent, but I'd be hard pressed to find any FPS titles that resembles CP2077.

What about it comes off as generic to you, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't know. I watch the videos and I feel the game is so soulless. I'm still gonna buy it though, hopefully I'm wrong.

Modern critics know fuck all about games and hate the industry they work in. Most of them are failed journalists. Better to make up ones own opinion of a game than listen to critics.
I don't mean journalists, those are paid marketing anyway. They'll probable say this is the greatest game ever.

Reactions: MrS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom