• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Blood

hx77mhlf6b061.gif

Dampf

maybe a dynamic option.
PCGH said it's an automatic option. Likely dynamic resolution coupled with DLSS, which makes a ton of sense.
GameStar said it's an Ultra-Quality option, which doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

So IDK.

According to a German reviewer, Cyberpunk 2077 ran at 1440p, RT and 60 FPS on a 3090 at max settings... but with DLSS enabled, so internally rendering at 960p. Without DLSS, performance gets much worse.

This is pretty worrisome. Very worrisome actually, especially for AMD cards and Turing cards below a 2080Ti. But he also said it likely gets more optimized in the release. So make that as you will.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

PCGH said it's an automatic option. Likely dynamic resolution coupled with DLSS, which makes a ton of sense.
GameStar said it's an Ultra-Quality option, which doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

So IDK.

According to a German reviewer, Cyberpunk 2077 ran at 1440p and 60 FPS on a 3090 at max settings... but with DLSS enabled, so internally rendering at 960p. Without DLSS, performance gets much worse.

This is pretty worrisome. Very worrisome actually, especially for AMD cards and Turing cards below a 2080Ti. But he also said it likely gets more optimized in the release. So make that as you will.
Fuck, that's worrying, 2080s might not be enough. I doubt I'll be able to get at least 3080 this year, it's not available anywhere =(

Last edited:

Dampf

Fuck, that's worrying, 2080s might not be enough. I doubt I'll be able to get at least 3080 this year, it's not available anywhere =(
Then play at 30 FPS or 1080p, but honestly you might be fine at 1440p and DLSS Performance, 2080s is not that far off from a 2080Ti. Let's hope for some settings that kill the performance for no visual benefit. Diffuse Lighting at psycho could be such a setting.

Let's hope for additional RT settings as well. Right now transparent reflections run at 100% screen percentage according to that site (https://nintendosmash.com/improved-...ife-16-hours-of-experience-in-cyberpunk-2077/) and at a view distance of 2km, so that could be the culprit of that horrible performance.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
That's not how HDR works. You cannot take a Rec709 image and stretch it into HDR. I mean you can, but it looks like shit - as that video clearly shows.
It's a bit saturated at places, but did you look at it in HDR? Also, sure you can remaster to HDR, that's what's XBox is doing with the AutoHDR and how old movies are remastered to HDR.

Rickyiez

If the best pc need to settle at 1440p60fps with DLSS, then how about ps5/xsx? If it's anywhere like WD Legion, it's going to be 720p30fps? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

So IDK.

According to a German reviewer, Cyberpunk 2077 ran at 1440p and 60 FPS on a 3090 at max settings... but with DLSS enabled, so internally rendering at 960p. Without DLSS, performance gets much worse.

This game will murder everything that doesn't support DLSS.

ZywyPL

Banned
If the best pc need to settle at 1440p60fps with DLSS, then how about ps5/xsx? If it's anywhere like WD Legion, it's going to be 720p30fps? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Well the recent XSX footage indicates the game is not even running in 1080p, and that's even without any RT going on. But I guess we won't get to know until the next-gen patch is up somewhere next year, maybe it'll optimize the game a bit better specifically for the new consoles, who knows.

Madflavor

My PC is i5-8400 and RTX 2060. So on my 1440p monitor I'll probably be able to crank it to Ultra with DLSS 2.0 enabled, and get 50-60fps I'd reckon.

But once I enable Ray Tracing, even with DLSS on I'm probably gonna tank down to 20-30 fps.

I tested my new RTX 2060 upgrade on Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and it crushed the game on Ultra, until I turned RTX on. Then it dipped to around 30fps in certain sections.

It's a bit disappointing, but you get what you pay for. I needed to upgrade from my Rx 580 graphics card before CP77 released, and there was no way I was going to be able to get my hands on RTX 3080 before then. But I think it's going to be all right, because even without Ray Tracing this game looks fucking amazing. Just with Utra settings turned on, this game is going to be beautiful.

Burger

It's a bit saturated at places, but did you look at it in HDR? Also, sure you can remaster to HDR, that's what's XBox is doing with the AutoHDR and how old movies are remastered to HDR.
Uhh that's an understatement. It's completely blown out in many places.

I work in Post Production and have only ever 'remastered' a SDR picture to HDR once. And even then it wasn't great. HDR isn't just about pushing up the brightness and saturation. HDR doesn't even have to be brighter than a SDR image.

As soon as any part of an image is clipped, either at the bottom or top then the only thing you can do is make it brighter. You cannot add more detail - which is what proper HDR would have shown.

Dampf

No. No man come on. If that is 30fps target, then what fucking nuclear powered rig from the future is required to hit 60fps.
They do not mention DLSS as well. Do you really believe it is running at native 4K60 with Max and RTX on a 3080? Nah. Never.
Zimply Ztunning.

That looks incredible, but there is something off with the diffuse lighting at 1:52, looking at the padestrians footsteps. Control had a similar issue but it was fixed.

Last edited:

Madflavor

They do not mention DLSS as well. Do you really believe it is running at native 4K60 with Max and RTX on a 3080? Nah. Never.

I agree, but that might be the one exception given how that is clearly for the biggest enthusiasts.

But an RTX 2060 only able to run Ultra on a 1440p at 30fps, even with DLSS turned on and RTX disabled? Come now.

Dampf

I agree, but that might be the one exception given how that is clearly for the biggest enthusiasts.

But an RTX 2060 only able to run Ultra on a 1440p at 30fps, even with DLSS turned on and RTX disabled? Come now.
I don't think DLSS is enabled in these sys requirements. 1440p30 on Ultra for Cyberpunk on a 2060 sounds believable.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I don't think DLSS is enabled in these sys requirements. 1440p30 on Ultra for Cyberpunk on a 2060 sounds believable.

I can buy that, I'm just speaking under the assumption that DLSS is going to be enabled, which if any gamer wants to play this game as beautiful and crisp as their PC can handle, why wouldn't it be?

G-Bus

Banned
As long as it runs decently well on ps4 I'll pick this up at launch.

Kind of looks like a mix of gta and fallout. At least those the vibes I'm getting.

N30RYU

We know that at launch the game on PS5 won't have any nextgen graphipcs features other than it will benefit from more stable framerate and dynamic resolution of the PS4 version... but is there any info if the game will use DualSense's adaptive triggers being implemented at launch on PS5? or we'll have to wait for the nextgen patch too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom