• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, was watching some previews of the game on youtube and some prick was posting what appears to be a major spoiler under as many comments as he could. Fucking douchebag.

Avoid it. For now it’s not real spoilers. They’re lying, one of the CDPR dev confirmed those were fake.

But please be careful if you want to enjoy the game without getting spoiled. The same shit happened with RDR2. The comments Under YouTube, YouTubers trying to bait a click spoiling shit randomly, Reddit threads, literal redditors who messaged you privately just to spoil shit and etc

It’s just the start, all manners of crazy will happen soon, so many people want this game to fail.

Javthusiast

Banned
I need a digital foundry comparison between ps4 base version and Series S, cause I don't know which version to get.

Obviously SeS should load faster, but who knows if it isn't gonna be just a gimped One S version that runs and looks worse than base ps4.

SmokSmog

904a00735cb417f5352a6e4295ae6d47aff98a693a76aaccd3de771bad4c4f11.jpg

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Well, was watching some previews of the game on youtube and some prick was posting what appears to be a major spoiler under as many comments as he could. Fucking douchebag.

And that shit is why I'm avoiding these videos. I'll also be ducking out of the gaming forum for a bit, just using watched threads, and avoiding this thread probably for a bit.

DonJorginho

Banned
Series X will no doubt perform better than PS5.
Any reason as to why? I think the XSX may have a marginal upgrade too but you seem to just be stating a fact which isn't entirely factual.

The last few comparisons between titles for PS5 and XSX show that things aren't as easy to predict as we may believe.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Any reason as to why? I think the XSX may have a marginal upgrade too but you seem to just stating a fact which isn't entirely factual.

The last few comparisons between titles for PS5 and XSX show that things aren't as easy to predict as we may believe.
higher clocks on the CPU/GPU. that helps performance.

also MS has done a far better job at BC than Sony. games are easier to run at a higher frame rates and if it hasn't got HDR it can implement that.

sorry it's not what you want to hear.

waquzy

As someone who has a Series X and a PS5 I am happy either way.

Sorry your warring attempt didn't work on me brother.
Yeah same here. I just don’t know weather to pre-order it now for either PS5 or XSX or wait to see which one performs better. I don’t have a platform preference, which ever has the edge gets my money!!

iorek21

I have it pre ordered on Steam, but my GTX 1070 isn’t as powerful as it used to be. Should I just cancel it and get a Steelbook edition for PS5?

At least I’ll get the opportunity to play it with RT one day since I’m not upgrading my GPU so soon

DonJorginho

Banned
I have it pre ordered on Steam, but my GTX 1070 isn’t as powerful as it used to be. Should I just cancel it and get a Steelbook edition for PS5?

At least I’ll get the opportunity to play it with RT one day since I’m not upgrading my GPU so soon
Definitely as long as you can put up with playing the PS4 BC version with a smoother framerate and resolution until the upgrade drops next year.

Kadayi

Banned
Honestly, people weren't expecting to have every building accessible, right?

There's always nubbins who think that no matter what the game is that it's going to be an all singing all dancing affair where you can enter every building, pick up every object, kill every person etc because it's entirely possible to shove a Cities worth of content into a 70GB game. They'll then complain at length and ad infinitum about how disappointing the game is once it's launched because it hasn't met their wholly unrealistic expectations.

50/50. It's not necessarily going to look any better on PS5 and you'd probably be as well to just play it on PC and drop the resolution down to 1080 in exchange for more effects.

Starfield

One thing I REALLY hope they are considering is that there will be plenty of customization options for gameplay and HUD

because lets be honest, THIS:

mgJ3q9N.png

is aids...

I don't need a minimap, it spoils the exploration part of the game
I don't need constant button prompts, im not stupid.
I dont need a mag/bullet count or a weapon symbol
all that shit is so unnecessary.

I also dont need enemy health bars or see how much "dmg" my shots make. this breaks immersion. All I need is a clean screen with none of that shit. I really hope they considered that with all the time they had.

That UI looks really really horrible

(This is also one of the reasons why I think BGS games will always be better than CDPR rpg's)

Last edited:

Dries

One thing I REALLY hope they are considering is that there will be plenty of customization options for gameplay and HUD

mgJ3q9N.png

is aids...

I also dont need enemy health bars or see how much "dmg" my shots make. this breaks immersion. All I need is a clean screen with none of that shit. I really hope they considered that with all the time they had.

(This is also one of the reasons why I think BGS games will always be better than CDPR rpg's)

I've read multiple times the whole UI is configurable :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Dries

Also, very happy we’re finally getting a video game in a truly fucked up world. The society seems very degenrate and everything is so grimy and sleazy. Not a lot of games are doing this in such a brilliant artistic way. Ughhh I can’t wait any longer!!

Last edited:

mgJ3q9N.png

is aids...

You're absolutely right. This is Ubisoft level of HUD clutter. Luckily all of this can be customized! I will definitely disable most of it and play on hardest difficulty settings to get my ass properly kicked.

Customizable HUD is key for me. Are you able to turn off the hit points when you hit an NPC, as well as the outline on the persons body? It would really add to the immersion.

Dries

thats very good to hear then. I like to play with a clean hud, sometimes not even a crosshair lol

Do what you want, but the HUD can also be seen as immersive, because they are your actual implants. I think Corpo even has stuff like stock exchange rates etc in their HUD (if you install that upgrade or something). :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

Avoid it. For now it’s not real spoilers. They’re lying, one of the CDPR dev confirmed those were fake.

But please be careful if you want to enjoy the game without getting spoiled. The same shit happened with RDR2. The comments Under YouTube, YouTubers trying to bait a click spoiling shit randomly, Reddit threads, literal redditors who messaged you privately just to spoil shit and etc

It’s just the start, all manners of crazy will happen soon, so many people want this game to fail.
I got rdr spoiled so hard under a completely unrelated video.. :(

Jedusable

Neo Member
Honestly, people weren't expecting to have every building accessible, right?

I'm pretty sure no one really care.

The game that does have every interiors accessible have pretty generic ways to do it. Either it's a copy/pasta of previous interior or either it's randomly generated by AI.
Honestly, I prefer the hand-crafted way. Quality over quantity by far.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned

The game that does have every interiors accessible have pretty generic ways to do it. Either it's a copy/pasta of previous interior or either it's randomly generated by AI.

i think many people care but at the same time they don't realize that it means nothing if those areas are empty of content. they can go and play star citizen today to see how that feels. you have entire areas of cities or entire planets/moons you can explore just for immersion. and it's boring as hell because you can't do anything there.

niilokin

i think many people care but at the same time they don't realize that it means nothing if those areas are empty of content. they can go and play star citizen today to see how that feels. you have entire areas of cities or entire planets/moons you can explore just for immersion. and it's boring as hell because you can't do anything there.

I guess it doesnt make sense in cyberpunk since you cant pick up most of the junk in the world. In bethesda's upcoming games I want more and more of interior accessibility, fallout76 already has plenty of it and especially hand placed shit telling little stories everywhere.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned

I think the dream of "entering every building" will only be fulfilled when there is dynamic enemy a.i. to match it. For me anyway, the excitement comes from the world itself turning into a vast potential battleground. Enemies chasing you three stories up a random building and out the window onto the street below, or escaping helicopter fire by breaking and entering into random buildings.

I'm sure others just want to explore everything but that's what would excite me about more open level design.

harmny

Banned
I guess it doesnt make sense in cyberpunk since you cant pick up most of the junk in the world. In bethesda's upcoming games I want more and more of interior accessibility, fallout76 already has plenty of it and especially hand placed shit telling little stories everywhere.

yes but in the elder scrolls or fallout you are talking about mostly deserted places. you have some towns that have maybe a dozen houses max. and then you can find a couple of houses or ruins or things like that out in the open.

here you are talking about thousands of houses because you play the entire game on night city. every street has dozens of super tall buildings. it would be impossible to make every one of them accessible without making it boring. i'm sure you can enter many of them if you want to explore. but people can't expect every single one of them to be accessible. it's not like whiterun in skyrim which is supposedly a capital city but it has like 10 houses...

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Having every building enterable isn't even anything new. Back in 1990 there was a game called Damocles on the ST and Amiga in which an entire solar system existed with every building enterable, and this was on machines with 0.5MB RAM with CPUs running at 7 (Amiga) and 8 (ST) MHz, with no GPU. In truth, most buildings didn't have much in them, as they weren't part of the game's overall plot. Obviously it's MUCH harder now due to the higher fidelity of content, so I simply don't expect that, but even if it was there it would likely be, as you describe, a bit dull.

KO7

Yeah same here. I just don’t know weather to pre-order it now for either PS5 or XSX or wait to see which one performs better. I don’t have a platform preference, which ever has the edge gets my money!!

I think the difference would be so negligible, that you should just get it for whichever controller you prefer. If in doubt, preorder both and wait for first comparison videos/impressions.

Miles708

No base console footaage? :messenger_pensive:
This could be one of the most interesting gameplay videos. The shooting looks good enough but everything hints at way bigger things. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom