• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
well maybe what they showed earlier that version just not exist anymore, like that moment from what they showed us vs ps4
CooSdS0.jpg
3a7.jpg

zwiggelbig

on some level it kinda feels bad how so many people only seem to care about graphics.. Valhalla, watch dogs have good graphics but the storylines are absolute shit, the sidequetss are shit and the things to do besides the main quest are just boring shit.
Cyberpunk wil deliver an amazing story line, really fun engaging side quests and so many things to do. Yet most things people only seem to care about are the fucking graphics.
Last of us 2 had insane graphics yet more then 50% who wil prob play cyberpunk could only scream shit at how bad the last of us was while prob not even having played it themselfs.

And come on now, even if this games runs shit on ps4, you get to upgrade it for fucking free when you get the ps5. Even if you get it a year or 2 later. Gta resold their game on the ps4...

So, apparently CDPR visited Gamestar/Gamepro Germany with a beefy PC and their head honcho was able to play the game for 15 hours over two days (he's hyped and loves it).

He said the PC had a GTX3090, it wasn't able to push the game to a stable 60 at 4k with RT settings maxed out. He had to reduce the res down to 1440p to get a rock solid 60. The devs said they're still working on optimization. He also said that the population density seems to be higher than it was back in June, when he played it for 4 hours. It can't be compared to the Series X/One X gameplay.

Graphics settings
e0jWvH4.png

All UI elements can be disabled, you have fine control over everything.

He stressed that this is not GTA. Don't expect the random chaos in Cyberpunk you usually stumble yourself into in GTA. While people react to what you do, they don't call the cops when you kill someone for example.

He was very impressed by the quest design, but he notes that if there's anything negative about it, it's that the game leaves you in the dark about alternative outcomes (it's a good and bad thing at the same time to him), like... you don't know that you can leave your target alive and talk to them for example. The game doesn't hold your hands in this regard. You will miss out on a lot of stuff depending on your origin story. It increases replayability, though.

The driving is serviceable. It's fun, but it's not the best of the world. Collisions can look goofy.

The Ai is okay. Enemies take cover and shoot at you with just the gun popping out. He ran into AI bugs, though (a Boss stopped moving from behind his cover for example).

The shooter mechanics are decent for the game this wants to be.

He stresses that this is narrative driven RPG, not a shooter or racing game.

There is pretty much nothing outside of the town. Wasteland. You may find epic loot, but there is nothing much to do.

taken from here (it's in German)

There's more, but I have no time right now.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So, apparently CDPR visited Gamestar/Gamepro Germany with a beefy PC and their head honcho was able to play the game for 15 hours over two days (he's hyped and loves it).

He said the PC had a GTX3090, it wasn't able to push the game to a stable 60 at 4k with RT settings maxed out. He had to reduce the res down to 1440p to get a rock solid 60. The devs said they're still working on optimization. He also said that the population density seems to be higher than it was back in June, when he played it for 4 hours. It can't be compared to the Series X/One X gameplay.

Graphics settings
e0jWvH4.png

He stressed that this is not GTA. Don't expect the random chaos in Cyberpunk you usually stumble yourself into in GTA. While people react to what you do, they don't call the cops when you kill someone for example.

He was very impressed by the quest design, but he notes that if there's anything negative about it, it's that the game leaves you in the dark about alternative outcomes (it's a good and bad thing at the same time to him), like... you don't know that you can leave your target alive and talk to them for example. The game doesn't hold your hands in this regard. You will miss out on a lot of stuff depending on your origin story. It increases replayability, though.

The driving is serviceable. It's fun, but it's not the best of the world. Collisions can look goofy.

The Ai is okay. Enemies take cover and shoot at you with just the gun popping out. He ran into AI bugs, though (a Boss stopped moving from behind his cover for example).

There is pretty much nothing outside of the town. Wasteland. You may find epic loot, but there is nothing much to do.

Thx for that !

Graphics settings
e0jWvH4.png

Just to add a few more things as I'm back on the laptop.

He said the melee combat was not that great, it's not super bad/floaty like Skyrim and it can feel satisfying to slice someone apart, but it's like the gunplay: serviceable.

In the 15 hours he played, he barely encountered on-the-rails missions, or the game taking over control (this was apparently a worry for some). There are barely any cutscenes.

He also found no open world activities. The rollercoaster we've seen in the recent trailer was a side mission. There are illegal races, though.
Most disappointingly to him, there is no Gwent like game, at least not early in the game.

He was also coming back to crafting a lot. Apparently there is a lot of shit you can craft and you can also built up your weapons and change them at all times. There is no crafting table you have to go to.

There's 6 difficulties.

I think that's the most important stuff.
As long as every store is enterable I’m fine with the map size.

I wish
Oh yeah, from the interview I posted an hour ago.

Most buildings can't be entered (well, obviously), he found some stores and bars, also adult clubs.

I guess they would've to delay the game indefinitely if they wanted to add more. lol.

Alienware

Again, the game looks surprisingly good on PS4 despite not being in the same stratosphere of the Ultra PC version.

And that's even without day 1 patch.

Is this game going to launch midnight est like most games? I have Wednesday off so hoping to play a bit of it late that night and not have to wait till the next day.

It will launch at midnight CEST (midnight in Poland basically) so 6PM on the Wednesday for EST.

THEAP99

Banned
I was excited for this till I read that the game on my ps5 will basically be the same as the ps4 version. Why the hell would I put myself through that struggle? Something like uncapped frame rate on next gen consoles would suffice before the next gen patch but it's clear they're running behind, so whatever ig.

Fingers cross they have a next gen surprise come December so people without a pc can enjoy it

Jedusable

Neo Member
preorder CANCELLED 🗣

This is a sad perspective. Unaware people who think that gender thoery and all the bullshit was established way back in early 90's.
Remember that Cyberpunk 2077 is just a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020 created by a single man. Anyway, let's just get along, those guys just sells more copy by being such ignorant like that.

scalman

that map size doesnt mean much if you cant go anywhere to every building , if its very restricted then that map size its small , but hope its not the case. at this point i dont know what to expect from it anymore, weird enough all those gameplay videos trailer shows basicaly same thing , noone shows free roaming around not driving just walking jumping and such... so that wories.

Javthusiast

Banned
Well, was watching some previews of the game on youtube and some prick was posting what appears to be a major spoiler under as many comments as he could. Fucking douchebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom