• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedusable

Neo Member

Adam Badowski (game director) talks about the Cyberpunk 2077 Universe and it's characters.

"And this is where i wanted to make another point, because now we are used to thinking that V is the hero but I recently realized that the city is also a tacit hero as a living thing, as a independent character.
A.B :
It's cool that you say that, because we were building associations like that before the beginning, because the city is an environment that pressure the hero on different levels, gives him a big win, but at the same time, he does it with marked cards,
And this city is a giant with a hundred faces, that can be either wonderful or scary.
We tried to emphasize this on many levels. I don't want to betray the ending here but V somehow has to say goodbye to this city. In the end, these are very important elements. "

A glimpse of the interview, that was truly informative.
Also the university had a convo with Mike.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Last edited:
Set your calendars up!! CyberPunk Pre-Load is set to hit on all major platforms 12/8 🫂🙈🙉

vm4564f.jpg

zwiggelbig

"And this is where i wanted to make another point, because now we are used to thinking that V is the hero but I recently realized that the city is also a tacit hero as a living thing, as a independent character.
A.B :
It's cool that you say that, because we were building associations like that before the beginning, because the city is an environment that pressure the hero on different levels, gives him a big win, but at the same time, he does it with marked cards,
And this city is a giant with a hundred faces, that can be either wonderful or scary.
We tried to emphasize this on many levels. I don't want to betray the ending here but V somehow has to say goodbye to this city. In the end, these are very important elements. "

A glimpse of the interview, that was truly informative.
Also the university had a convo with Mike.
''We tried to emphasize this on many levels. I don't want to betray the ending here but V somehow has to say goodbye to this city. In the end, these are very important elements. "
this seems like a giant spoiler doesnt it

Dorohedoro

''We tried to emphasize this on many levels. I don't want to betray the ending here but V somehow has to say goodbye to this city. In the end, these are very important elements. "

Even Keanu on that trailer from e3 said that they have city to burn. I think he meant that literally

Hugare

Hahaha, yeah, that was also my takeaway from it

But that's what I'm expecting, honestly. V is going to die while taking down Arasaka, or maybe even the whole city itself.

Starting a revolution where people will make the city burn. That's Silverhand's main goal, after all.

I see some possible endings:

* V agrees with Silverhand's plan of taking down the city and goes along, dying in the end
* V disagrees with Johnny. Silverhand than takes V's body and finishes the job, killing them both.

We've seen in trailers Silverhand saying stuff like "I'll use your body if I want to", so their relationship can be rocky, and Johnny may take over

I picture the exact Fight Club ending for my V. Going down with the Arasaka building, seeing the whole city explode.

Last edited:

Alienware

So still no confirmation about the embargo date other than that sole tweet from an account with less than 50 followers?

Man, media journalists and content creator keeping it tight.

Mhmmm 2077

One thing I REALLY hope they are considering is that there will be plenty of customization options for gameplay and HUD

because lets be honest, THIS:

mgJ3q9N.png

is aids...

I don't need a minimap, it spoils the exploration part of the game
I don't need constant button prompts, im not stupid.
I dont need a mag/bullet count or a weapon symbol
all that shit is so unnecessary.

I also dont need enemy health bars or see how much "dmg" my shots make. this breaks immersion. All I need is a clean screen with none of that shit. I really hope they considered that with all the time they had.

That UI looks really really horrible

(This is also one of the reasons why I think BGS games will always be better than CDPR rpg's)
in the witcher 3 you could turn off the whole UI in game settings (at least on PC), so I expect the same here, customize it to your liking

Jayjayhd34

Sad don't think I'll get to play till February maybe January if I'm lucky my section got extended for another 3 months ridiculous.

Roni

Gold Member
I really need to know WTF those DLCs are. I mean...I like the idea of them being set within Night City, but I also like the idea of that Spaceport to the NW of the City as well. Some zero-G shenanigans would be dope. 👨‍🚀

Night City suffers another blow in 2077, your hand is involved. It brings a new act to Night City's story: downfall.

Pondsmith's interviews clearly point to Cyberpunk Red covering 30-60's and Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be covering 70-90's.

Maybe the DLC chapters happen in the even more chaotic Night City. Maybe Pondsmith knows there's two "states" to the city.

They could put out a bunch of adventures as DLC if the gameplay is solid enough.

linkroi

It's gonna be on pc for me !

When I was imagining Cyberpunk before seeing videos of the game, it wasn't at all what I had in mind, but like ... it was quite far from the actual result. I had a darker universe in mind ... let's say Blade Runner for a comparison, I wanted to be able to drive a flying car (that seemed obvious to me!) I wanted a third person mode, I wanted a city totally open and vertical (wait and see) and ... the cold shower. The 2018 announcement.. i was in call with a friend ... ah shit, surprise and ... disappointment? not really, let's say that, it's shocking to see a game that we were "creating" with imagination, to see a project right in front of our eyes and be like ? ok, that's not what it was expected in my mind but hey... curious !

However, with hindsight, Cyberpunk 2077 is still a title that I cannot wait to discover and my expectations having changed (necessarily), today I no longer wait for the revolution that I had in mind in 2013, today, I want to see a game with important choices, engaging dialogues and characters, a thrilling story and all kinds of missions well incorporated into the universe and above all with a real interest. I want side quests well written as a main can do, I want random situations that surprise me, I actually want to see an open world that masters its subject. So not a revolution, but an evolution ! I want coherence, it doesn't seem to me to be asked too much and if the game succeeds on all this points, it will be a success for my point of view !

Last edited:

Terenty

The 2018 announcement.. i was in call with a friend ... ah shit, surprise and ... disappointment? not really, let's say that, it's shocking to see a game that we were "creating" with imagination, to see a project right in front of our eyes and be like ? ok, that's not what it was expected in my mind but hey... curious !
Well after their 2013 teaser trailer i reckon most people imagined a much darker game akin to Blade Runner and Deus Ex, not the edgy rainbow version we got.

Dries

I get where y’all are coming from, but even though... game is still really fucking dark in terms of fucked up shit, no? I would say more so than Deus at least.

Apparently, censorship can be toggled on/off in the settings. So glad it wasn't a full retail censorship, it was just set up like that for the recent promo PS5 demo.

killatopak

I’m still undecided on which life path I go for and what skills I’ll be focusing on.

Rumor of the game being 170+ hours long multiplying it by three makes this a serious time investment.

waquzy

I’m still undecided on which life path I go for and what skills I’ll be focusing on.

Rumor of the game being 170+ hours long multiplying it by three makes this a serious time investment.

That stat was tweeted by one of the game testers, I'm sure the game ain't that long, not even close.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I get where y’all are coming from, but even though... game is still really fucking dark in terms of fucked up shit, no? I would say more so than Deus at least.
Haven't seen much of the game but I hope so. Always in for some grim future setting.

Hugare

Some guy on that other forum confirmed that he received review codes, for the PS4

Didnt confirm if the embargo ends t the 7th tho

We're almost there, boys and girls

linkroi

Well after their 2013 teaser trailer i reckon most people imagined a much darker game akin to Blade Runner and Deus Ex, not the edgy rainbow version we got.

Yes, still i don't find this awfull, it's different from what i've imagined but... wait and see is really the best respond. It's like all the videos, the trailers shows a lot of action but i don't think that is really represantative of what the game is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom