• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is the day one patch for this going to be huge? I normally buy physical, but am debating just grabbing this digital. I'm thinking the disc will be mostly useless with the amount of large updates we might get early on. A lot of stuff has been arriving here a day late recently, so digital would have the game ready to go right away.

DonJorginho

Banned
Is the day one patch for this going to be huge? I normally buy physical, but am debating just grabbing this digital. I'm thinking the disc will be mostly useless with the amount of large updates we might get early on. A lot of stuff has been arriving here a day late recently, so digital would have the game ready to go right away.
Day one patch is going to be huge seeing as the livestream of that unpatched version looked and ran like shit.

harmny

Banned
What I don’t really understand is like - isn’t the mere fact that trans people are acknowledged at all in this game a step up from literally every other videogame? Like I have never played a game where there is a trans character - and is it that much of a problem they had a sexualized one when EVERYONE is sexualized in cyberpunk? It’s a real head scratcher

EDIT: and the LEVEL of outrage the supposed offenses have caused is like, totally off the charts. You would think CDPR is composed solely of like pedophiles or something reading the way they talk about them

it is a step up. but when you give them a step they want the entire stairway. and cdpr (unlike most companies) is ignoring their complaints and that drives them crazy making them angrier and angrier.

if they don't get 100% correct representation (in their eyes) they are gonna complain because they want the company to say "we deeply apologize for misrepresenting x group. we are gonna hire a council of x group consultants to change the game to make it 100% right".

but CDPR didn't do that so they are being called bigots. even though the quest director tweeted "trans rights are human rights" those are "just empy words" surely the quests he directed extremely transphobic.
or when people said that cdpr hired a trans artist to make songs for the game and they said "that is the same as saying i have black friends. it means nothing and it is even worse"

it is a step up. but when you give them a step they want the entire stairway. and cdpr (unlike most companies) is ignoring their complaints and that drives them crazy making them angrier and angrier.

if they don't get 100% correct representation (in their eyes) they are gonna complain because they want the company to say "we deeply apologize for misrepresenting x group. we are gonna hire a council of x group consultants to change the game to make it 100% right".

but CDPR didn't do that so they are being called bigots. even though the quest director tweeted "trans rights are human rights" those are "just empy words" surely the quests he directed extremely transphobic.
or when people said that cdpr hired a trans artist to make songs for the game and they said "that is the same as saying i have black friends. it means nothing and it is even worse"

Jesus that’s depressing. Yeah let’s just go back to pretending trans people don’t exist that’s a great idea. Better that than to be portrayed as sexualized in a cyberpunk universe right?

KO7

Really tempted to ditch my bestbuy steelbook preorder to go digital with this game. I’m loving the quick resume feature more than I expected on the XsX, and I don’t foresee myself selling this game after a short while to recoup some costs anyway. Plus I’m itching to play it ASAP and would be “annoyed” by any shipping delays. What to do...

The Fartist

Gold Member
My Steam App says it's coming Dec. 9th.

Is this just a preload date or can I start play it on the 9th?

Shared-Screenshot.jpg

GAMETA

Banned
I'm so tempted to pre order the game now for £35 on Xbox 😐
i just did it (actually the best things about xbox is foreign stores), i was going to wait for nextgen patch, but at that price it's worth playing it now and maybe 2nd run on nextgen patch

That's petty, man... they'll eventually increase the price because of that practice... £35 is a lot of money here in Brazil, that's almost 1/4 the minimum wage... Sony's already charging around £50 for PS5 games (they charge £35 for PS4 ones)..

Go find a job if momma doesn't want to pay a little more for your games, don't "steal" from the poor.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
That's petty, man... they'll eventually increase the price because of that practice... £35 is a lot of money here in Brazil, that's almost 1/4 the minimum wage... Sony's already charging around £50 for PS5 games (they charge £35 for PS4 ones)..

Go find a job if momma doesn't want to pay a little more for your games, don't "steal" from the poor.
giphy.gif

I'm %100 digital myself on both consoles but CyberPunk is a special one time exception. CDPR know how to pack Premium package for $60.

Plus, my connect getting an early shipment next Mon for S|X

GenericUser

Is there anything known about the drugs you can take in-game? Hoping for some cool visual effects a la episode 1 of Altered Carbon
That would be cool. Maybe you can create your own drugs with their own advantages/disadvantages. Like potions in classic fantasy rpgs.

Besides, I wonder how hard the game will be. I personally only bother with crafting if the game is hard enough to justify tinkering with it.

Maddux4164

Any Cyberpunk PC deals? I have PS4 pre-ordered for $49. Thought about switching to PC. But it’s $59 everywhere. CDkeys has it like $54.

Mobilemofo

CPDR should tell them/they/him/her to fuck off..

draliko

They have the mean to stop it if they want it, so until it's allowed I'll do it, the same way I buy cdkeys for pc. If they care they'll do like Sony and stop foreign store, in the meantime I'll enjoy. Cya.

Ps: don't worry I have a job and sufficient income to have a house and a family, thanks for your concern

Camper182

Any leaked gameplay?
Also will the Series S version just be the Xbox one version? So i assume 900p?
Or will i be able to play at atleast 1080p on my Series S?
Thanks

DonJorginho

Banned
Nah... just seems like really petty...

You live in the UK and can't afford a game? I think you're doing something wrong, son...
Not our fault that our country isn't down the shitter like yours amigo, people love deals, it is ingrained in us, if I can get something for £15 cheaper without having to break my back doing shady shit for it I will take it, only those who are filled with jealousy throw hate on another person's happiness/success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom