• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Official Trailer - Gameplay + Impressions

iorek21

Yeah, something feels off about this game. It’s nos like TLOU2 in which you can criticize the story/pacing, but has a good gameplay, hud and great graphics.

CP2077 looks good, but its hud is too cluttered, sometimes reminds me of those absurd screenshots from Watch Dogs. Combat looks... okayish... an open world Deus Ex probably...

I don’t know... I really want this game to be great, but maybe I’ll have to make do with “good”

FireFly

I will say this:

The biggest flaw of this immersive cyberpunk rpg-sim is the lack of children and teenagers. I know the usual arguments and when I forget about the lack of children it's no issue. But when I do, when I notice that there are no children in this entire world, it makes *everything* feel fake, like these are all adults gathering for some role play - kinda breaking 4th wall in that regard.
According to one of the play testers, the game has child NPCs. Also if I recall correctly all 3 of the previous Witcher games had children in them.

Last edited:

Lordani66

Banned
There are some moments that look fantastic and some scneries that looks like from early current gen. Also teh game mechanics don't sound like anything new we have never seel. MUH NON LINEAR PATHS. MUH OPEN DIALOGUES. MUH CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION. Let's face it, it's not going to be a revolutionary game. CDP never made a revolutionary game before and it's clear they play safe with everything they make.
I take it back. Everything I said previously I multiply tenfold. Its a really underwhelmingly looking game. The plot seems like a convoluted mess that the devs didnt know what to decide on. Seriously, its been so many years now we had so many trailers and stuff talked about the game and tbh I still dont know what exactly is the main plot of it and whats the point in everything. But knowing how much people love to dickride cdp it will get 9s and 10s. I hope I am wrong. But this game does nothing for me and seems extremely basic in its core.

FireFly

I take it back. Everything I said previously I multiply tenfold. Its a really underwhelmingly looking game. The plot seems like a convoluted mess that the devs didnt know what to decide on. Seriously, its been so many years now we had so many trailers and stuff talked about the game and tbh I still dont know what exactly is the main plot of it and whats the point in everything. But knowing how much people love to dickride cdp it will get 9s and 10s. I hope I am wrong. But this game does nothing for me and seems extremely basic in its core.
That's because they haven't revealed what the plot of the game is yet. All we know is that it involves getting past the Blackwall that protects humanity from AI.

Essentially all they have showed so far is the prologue, which functions as a tutorial to the game's systems.

Thabass

Besides any Final Fantasy game that comes out this year, this is the game that matters to me the most. This is going to rob THOUSANDS of my hours from me and I'm here for it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The driving looks so bad. I know this is CDPR's first attempt at driving mechanics, but I almost feel it would have been better if they left it out or maybe just focused on one specific vehicle that the character uses. Hopefully they can improve this, but it looks really bad now.

Reactions: MrS

sobaka770

Banned
The gameplay looks like it has a lot of roleplay potential. The whole rewinding other memories mechanic alone can make a lot cool detective-like quests.

This game doesn't need to kill in graphics or driving departments, just killer writing and questlines which I'm pleased to see is included here including extensive character progression systems.

It'll be hard to top TLOU2 but CDPR can do it. Unless the game is reported for next year.

Arachnid

The driving looks so bad. I know this is CDPR's first attempt at driving mechanics, but I almost feel it would have been better if they left it out or maybe just focused on one specific vehicle that the character uses. Hopefully they can improve this, but it looks really bad now.
Apparently, those who have played it said it actually feels pretty good. One of the devs also stated that it was something they were really worried about nailing. I'd hold off on judging the driving for now.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Apparently, those who have played it said it actually feels pretty good. One of the devs also stated that it was something they were actually really worried about nailing. I'd hold off on judging the driving for now.
This is what I was going to mention. On various previews they all had their own pros and cons, a lot of them were similar. The cars feeling good and driving really well seemed to be shared among the majority. Though a lot thought the hacking was meh at the time, along the the braindancing stuff, and sword/blade combat.

I'm still onboard as it certainly feels ambitious as fuck. One of my concerns is that it feels like too much. Which sounded like another opinion shared by those that played it. They played 5 hours and felt overwhelmed with everything that was being thrown at the player. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out!

I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I definitely hope it's going to be more than that.

Romulus

After watching the latest gameplay more, it just doesn't suck me into its world. The city looks barren, the animation transitions look off. The combat seems like it doesn't have that punchy, satisfying feel either. The driving looks really awkward. The only thing that would make me jump onboard immediately is a launch VR option, which likely wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

magaman

Banned
It looks very dated in some way. Stiff animation, ugly character models and lots of pop in.

Gotta be honest here. I'm not sure where "subjective opinion" and "wrong" overlap, but this seems to be it.

Technically speaking, C2077 is one of (if not the) most advanced technical achievements in video gaming. If there's one thing that impressions have universally agreed on, it's that this game is damn gorgeous and its technical wizardry should be marveled at.

I suppose we all have different tastes, but it seems a little shallow to nitpick the statue of David based on his weird pubes.

jadefire66

What kinda framerate you guys think I will have on 1080p ultra with my Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1070 Ti ? I was hoping it could stay at 80+ at all times but idk if that's hoping too much. Too bad I don't have ray tracing, but that thing would kill my framerate anyway.

Romulus

What kinda framerate you guys think I will have on 1080p ultra with my Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1070 Ti ? I was hoping it could stay at 80+ at all times but idk if that's hoping too much. Too bad I don't have ray tracing, but that thing would kill my framerate anyway.

Low 60s if I had to guess

Gotta be honest here. I'm not sure where "subjective opinion" and "wrong" overlap, but this seems to be it.

Technically speaking, C2077 is one of (if not the) most advanced technical achievements in video gaming. If there's one thing that impressions have universally agreed on, it's that this game is damn gorgeous and its technical wizardry should be marveled at.

I suppose we all have different tastes, but it seems a little shallow to nitpick the statue of David based on his weird pubes.

I agree.

Plus its scope is more ambitious than TLoU2's, which is a more focused title. Ambition isn't necessarily better than focus, but it does change how you spend resources. When you write essentially three different prologues to accommodate the different life paths, for example, you have simultaneously more things to polish and less time to do it.

Tesseract

Banned
Trailer looks cool, the only thing I'm worried about is listening to the Twitch the host 'Jesse Cox' says that himself and a bunch of other Streamers will feature in the game, which frankly sounds fucking lame. I'm ok with Keanu Reeves as JSH but fuck this BS of sticking game personalities into media. Game looks dope already, why stick a bunch of youtube personalities in it to distract from the experience.
all they needed was doc, the rest can go fuck themselves

Lordani66

Banned
It looks very dated in some way. Stiff animation, ugly character models and lots of pop in.
I notice this too. The models look like those fanmade pom novel "games" models. That chick with short, shaved side especially reminds me of this model:

mobile-original-poster.jpg

But even this one has more skin details.

Definitely looks way better than the last gameplay they showed. The game is in an amazing spot right now

The details I saw in this one were mad! I liked everything about it. The final product is going it be gorgeous

Looks like CDPR are going to set a new standard with Cyberpunk 2077 just like how they did with The Witcher 3

Oh and by the way, the game is already among the top sellers on Steam with almost 5 months away from release:

fg9ssIH.jpg
Huh, I was expecting it to be at the very top after that trailer to be honest.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Do you have any footage of this shooting with good animations?

What i saw was stiff hit animations and horrible ragdoll tbh.

It looked worse than the 48 min reveal shooting imo.

I meant the guns, recoil, and reloading looked pretty good, not the people being shot. It certainly looked better than the floating melee hands.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the game looks fantastic. they've significantly improved the visuals since the initial reveal. it looked way too rough back then but now it looks so good it's kinda scary. i'm dreading how my PC will handle this and i don't have no toaster. (9900k/32gb/2080). also the animations are really impressive. that was one thing i hated about The Witcher 3. the way NPCs moved. it was the same 5 animations used over again for 100 hours. again it looked bad in the first gameplay reveal but holy crap they've improved it.

i guess now the only thing i'm worried about now is how cars/combat feels and how dense the city is and how realistic the AI is. i hope the cars feel more like GTA V than IV. i'm not expecting Doom levels of combat but as long as it's fun to shoot and stab then i'm fine. if it's Skyrim level of combat then i'll be pissed. as for the density/Ai. i suppose on PC it'll be better with the larger RAM/VRAM pools. i fear how this will run on current gen consoles. night city will feel dead. it might be ok on next gen. and if the NPC/Vehicle AI is anything like GTA V then fuck that shit.

what's worrying me is how this is their first time making a game that is a FPS and has vehicles. they are never gonna perfect it first try. i'm not getting my hopes up too much for these things. they'll probably need to learn from 2077 and improve upon it in the sequel "Cyberpunk 2148" (yes Cyberpunk is a new series and not a one off)

Last edited:

makaveli60

Sorry but this looks downgraded from the 48 minute gameplay walkthrough that was shown behind closed doors at E3 2018 and later released to the public that August.

The new footage doesn't have anywhere near the density of NPCs that were present in 2018.

I just saw this video and wanted to get back to you about it:

I think graphically they got the game to the same level as in 2018 even if the NPC density is still downgraded. If they final game will be like this then at least it is clearly not as big as a downgrade as Witcher 3 was. I can live with this.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Just watched the 20 minute long gameplay video. I'm not gonna lie, it looks kinda bad. The roof fight, the empty streets, the voice dialog. Not much time left to improve, but I'm not falling for the hype just yet. Somehow the Steam pre-orders increased after this for some reason.

Last edited:
I just saw this video and wanted to get back to you about it:

I think graphically they got the game to the same level as in 2018 even if the NPC density is still downgraded. If they final game will be like this then at least it is clearly not as big as a downgrade as Witcher 3 was. I can live with this.

Witcher 3 can be brought up to what was showed at E3 or even taken way beyond with mods on PC. I hope CP2077 will be no different. Here's some of W3 shots I taken yesterday:

woZRmMj.jpg

cNwpiyU.jpg

8X2holM.jpg

the_master

I notice this too. The models look like those fanmade pom novel "games" models. That chick with short, shaved side especially reminds me of this model:

mobile-original-poster.jpg

But even this one has more skin details.
If this model is made by a fan, this fan is is a master.

Ivory Blood

Say what you will about adding "influencers" to the game, but at least character models and hair look really good. Now I believe yesterdays comment by Pawel Sasko that Moxxes are shiny because of ingame reasons.

s72e1fhcgrn51.jpg

Last edited:
90% didn't even knows who that is and the rest thinks it's cringe to make e-celeb npcs in big AAA game. Complete misfire from cd projekt marketing team tbh

Vaelka

I am still really hyped about the game, but I truly wish there was 3rd person too.
I love to spend time blinging out my character, it really sucks when you can't see them while playing. It makes me feel so disconnected from the character I am playing.

Top Bottom