• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Official Trailer - Gameplay + Impressions

The game looks incredible.

I am very interested in seeing how it looks/runs on XBone and the base PS4.

Also wondering when they'll talk more about the multiplayer. I figure it won't be until after the game luanches, but I'm intrigued by what they might be able to pull off with all the different character builds.

Rikoi

When I watch screenshots, I love the game and can't wait to play it.
When I watched the stream though I felt the opposite, it didn't impress me much.
Anyway I'm 100% going to play this on pc, I got a 8700k 16gb ram and a gtx1070, the issue is I have a 1440p monitor so I hope I can run it decently.

The game looks incredible.

I am very interested in seeing how it looks/runs on XBone and the base PS4.

Also wondering when they'll talk more about the multiplayer. I figure it won't be until after the game luanches, but I'm intrigued by what they might be able to pull off with all the different character builds.

I'm guesssing 720/2-'30fps with less detail on XB1 and the same on PS4 except at 900p. And even then, it'll probably be the best looking/technical game on current consoles besides TLOU2, RDR,HZD.

I'll probably wait until the XSX to pick it up as I expect that to be the best console version. Probably be dynamic 4k-1800fps/30fps or 1080p/60fps.

Last edited:

Rikoi

:(
How long until a GTX 4080 TI comes out? I might buy a new PC when they are released. But I also want Cyberpunk day 1.
GRRRRRRRR
The new 3000 series will be very powerful according to the rumors and should come out 1 or 2 months before cyberpunk, so you have enough time to build a new pc if you want to make one.

Last edited:

sol_bad

The new 3000 series will be very powerful according to the rumors and should come out 1 or 2 months before cyberpunk, so you have enough time to build a new pc if you want to make one.

Nah, I don't believe in buying a new GFX card on the same year as new consoles are released.
PS4 and Xbox One released in 2013, Geforce 7 series released on 2013. In 2013, PC hardware was much stronger than console hardware too.
I own a Geforce 10 series, GTX 1070 and it struggles to run Fallen Order at 1080p 60fps. God knows how a Geforce 7 series will perform.

GenericUser

Looks good, but the real question for me is: how good is the PS5 version going to look? Will it be just an upscaled PS4 Version or will it have the improvements from the PC Version? Base PS4 Version will look nothing like these trailers I suppose.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned

Grinchy

Banned
The Digital Foundry video for the new footage was pretty good. It's weird how sometimes the game looks great and other times it just looks alright.

Hopefully the next-gen patches down the line really bring out the goods.

Nah, I don't believe in buying a new GFX card on the same year as new consoles are released.
PS4 and Xbox One released in 2013, Geforce 7 series released on 2013. In 2013, PC hardware was much stronger than console hardware too.
I own a Geforce 10 series, GTX 1070 and it struggles to run Fallen Order at 1080p 60fps. God knows how a Geforce 7 series will perform.
Unless you are running an absolute dog shit cpu there's no way a 1070 struggles to run Fallen Order at 1080p/60fps. Like at all. Which even then, gpu isn't your problem.

I would never buy a console when a new series of gpu is coming out. Why pay for weaker hardware that you're gonna use almost entirely for multiplatform games? Makes no sense. The longer I wait to buy a console, the more games that are worthwhile exclusives will come out and it'll be cheaper. Win win.

Skyr

"The free “more robust” upgrade will arrive on both PS5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 alongside the news that the PS4 and Xbox One editions of the game will be playable on the new consoles when they launch in late 2020. "

Ah thx, ok got it. Somehow was under the impression that the next gen upgrade is available from the get go from yesterday’s presentation.

That’s a bummer. Actually decided that I will get this for next gen instead of PC since the delay got announced.
Now I’m not sure anymore.. wonder how long it will take exactly..

ZywyPL

Banned
Migdet Syndrome: The Game... Other than that, looks great, I cannot fight the feeling this is what Deus Ex should've been.

The Digital Foundry video for the new footage was pretty good. It's weird how sometimes the game looks great and other times it just looks alright.

Hopefully the next-gen patches down the line really bring out the goods.
I mean, if what you're seeing is PC footage, then that's probably as good as you can expect for next gen. I don't think they'll be adding tech for next gen that wouldn't already be available on the PC version, unless I misunderstood your comment.

Digity

CNl09rf.jpg

One of the options for nip nops better be the Stevie wonder braille nips.

Grinchy

Banned
I mean, if what you're seeing is PC footage, then that's probably as good as you can expect for next gen. I don't think they'll be adding tech for next gen that wouldn't already be available on the PC version, unless I misunderstood your comment.
In the video they discuss the possibility of new effects being added in over time such as raytracing. The developers themselves supposedly said that was their plan or something to that effect.

They even suspect that the day 1 patch for next-gen consoles will still just be 30fps and look like the footage shown today but will improve over time. I'm just going by what they are saying as they are way more in tune with the industry than I am.

GymWolf

Skill up preview is making me laugh out loud...

Ehi guys the game is outstanding, incredible, the second coming of jesus, the best thing since sliced pussy...

Oh, also the stealth is serviceable with blind retarded enemies, the hacking is some boring stuff that i didn't even understand and the investigation mode is some crappy shit and i hope that there is almost nothing of it in the final game.

I mean, it's not like stealth, hacking and investigation mode are very important parts of the game...

d7bff9a55eab6ab7a56b321b3e9fa5f0.gif

I love these supposed videogame journalists:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Skill up preview is making me laugh out loud...

Ehi guys the game is outstanding, incredible, the second coming of jesus, the best thing since sliced pussy...

Oh, also the stealth is serviceable with blind retarded enemies, the hacking is some boring stuff that i didn't even understand and the investigation mode is some crappy shit and i hope that there is almost nothing of it in the final game.

I mean, it's not like stealth, hacking and investigation mode are very important parts of the game...

d7bff9a55eab6ab7a56b321b3e9fa5f0.gif

I love these supposed videogame journalists:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Wasn't that the dude that everybody was using as the golden standard for TLOU2 criticism?

Hostile_18

Banned
If its running on this gen consoles I wonder if it will be playable on next gen PS VR/PC VR? If it has as long legs as the Witcher 3 then maybe 😁

sinnergy

I think both base consoles at 720p with frame drops, looked really good on pc, can’t imagine this gen running it very well.

Mista

Banned
If you got a PC, don’t even think of playing this on consoles. It won’t look or play the same until its proven otherwise

imsosleepy

Dam I am mostly excited for the stories to be told in that world and the amazing side quests I am going to discover. The witcher is most known for its stories, player chocies, side quests. And so far we stil dont know much about all of that. Thats going to be amazing
I'm glad most previewers liked the driving and the shooting that was a thing that worried me a bit

GymWolf

Maybe, who knows.

Of the actual gameplay, it's not exactly GOTY. Melee combat in first person is not great. Stealth is not great. Hacking is not great. Shooting is pretty good, with lots of auto-aim but good animations.

Best graphics, best world design, best art style.

Jury is out on story.
Do you have any footage of this shooting with good animations?

What i saw was stiff hit animations and horrible ragdoll tbh.

It looked worse than the 48 min reveal shooting imo.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Sorry but this looks downgraded from the 48 minute gameplay walkthrough that was shown behind closed doors at E3 2018 and later released to the public that August.

The new footage doesn't have anywhere near the density of NPCs that were present in 2018.

I remember that compared to your video the game was downgraded, yes. But this new footage looks upgraded compared to their previous showings. I can imagine it still doesn't look like the 2018 version, I will check that video again.

GymWolf

Wasn't that the dude that everybody was using as the golden standard for TLOU2 criticism?
Yes, but he usually put out acceptable reviews (and when I say acceptable towards videogame journalist i mean not complete shit), but his enthusiasm was a little bit strange this time if we consider that he disliked 3 big parts of the game...

Last edited:

Oberstein

I can't get hooked into the game world. It's like steam-punk LGBT paradise. As it's CD Projekt, you want to give it a chance, but the more I see it, the more I find it boring.

Mista

Banned
One thing I actually didn't like in the whole presentation was the melee combat

The stuttering in it didn't make any sense to me

GymWolf

Felt weird right? I replayed the segment couple of times to make sure it wasn't an issue from the video itself
Onestly? The whole combat both ranged and melee looked kinda rough to me, but i probably haven't see all the footage available.

I will say this:

The biggest flaw of this immersive cyberpunk rpg-sim is the lack of children and teenagers. I know the usual arguments and when I forget about the lack of children it's no issue. But when I do, when I notice that there are no children in this entire world, it makes *everything* feel fake, like these are all adults gathering for some role play - kinda breaking 4th wall in that regard.

Games can have super details violence, they can have full nudity and sex, and in such world, it must be possible to have child npcs, too. I'm tired of people being idiots claiming "but killing children is a nono", nah, killing a FICTIONAL children isn't any more fucked up than brutally murdering people in RDR2 or GTA5. And if some pedophiles have "fun" with digital models of child npcs, let them, it literally hurts nobody. Any argument against child npcs in western games comes from a place of puritanism, and it's ruining these ever-evolving massive games. It seems like a small thing, but it's what makes JRPGs so much more relateable and endearing, seeing children running around, playing, or experiencing sad moments - it all adds to the experience of being part of that world. Or take japanese action-adventures like The Legend of Zelda, it adds so much to have these children in Twilight Princess that you end up saving (or makes for hilarious scenes in case of Maromaro).

And it's not like all western games don't have them. Skyrim has child npcs and the world didn't end somehow.

It won't change for CP2077, it's far beyond that point, but in hope for other games doing it better in the future, I needed to say that. Virtual worlds without child npcs aren't truly immersive (unless there's a good narrative reason).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Game looks pretty. Combat ranges from ok(ranged) to bad(melee). If the story is exceptional it might be worth investing in. If it isn't the game won't have much going for it. For me most of the trailers jump around too much and rely more on snippets of cutscenes then gameplay which isn't a good sign.

I'll reserve judgment until the game is actually out on the market.

Lordani66

Banned
There are some moments that look fantastic and some scneries that looks like from early current gen. Also teh game mechanics don't sound like anything new we have never seel. MUH NON LINEAR PATHS. MUH OPEN DIALOGUES. MUH CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION. Let's face it, it's not going to be a revolutionary game. CDP never made a revolutionary game before and it's clear they play safe with everything they make.

sol_bad

Unless you are running an absolute dog shit cpu there's no way a 1070 struggles to run Fallen Order at 1080p/60fps. Like at all. Which even then, gpu isn't your problem.

I would never buy a console when a new series of gpu is coming out. Why pay for weaker hardware that you're gonna use almost entirely for multiplatform games? Makes no sense. The longer I wait to buy a console, the more games that are worthwhile exclusives will come out and it'll be cheaper. Win win.

I honestly have no idea if the CPU is good or not but this is what I have.
Lc1OI3v.png

And I should mention that it is a laptop as I bought it while I was living in the Philippines. I wan't about to lug a desktop on the plane when I flew back to Australia.

1080p res with everything at Epic, for some reason I can't upload a higher quality image.
PhSBaeg.jpg

6GtAcjX.jpg

Top Bottom