• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. Safe to get now?

phant0m

Was never a wait and hold pattern on PC unless you have a GTX 670 or something. Got it on launch, had a few minor visual bugs but nothing game breaking or "experience ruining".

Console versions were complete trash but rumors of a poor experience on PC have been greatly exaggerated. To the guy earlier that said there's "no choices" is flat out wrong. Missions branch heavily -- but the way a mission plays out / end result often changes based on your actual actions, not selecting A vs B in a dialogue.

Last edited:
Depends on the type of gamer you are... if you think you're going to beat this game once and be done why not wait? If you're like me and obsessive with games of this type go for it, it's very much like playing an early access title, in fact on PC by early access standards it's pretty fucking impressive, they just didn't actually call it early access... it's all about expectations and they let peoples expectations exceed their product's capabilities. I've never had an actual game breaking glitch and in over 200 hours just one crash, but the glitches can be IMMERSION breaking and annoying. Honestly it's a contender for my favorite game of the gen and rivals Fallout New Vegas for me in terms of RPGs. So, on that basis I recc it, on the basis of it being a complete game that feels polished and perfect? Wait.

GHG

Gold Member
You haven’t done any of the Judy, Panam, Rogue, Claire, Delemain, Peralez side quests? Even the missions you come across such as thievery are good (if you enjoy the gameplay. The ‘meaningless’ quests are easy to filter out- just ignore the blue weapon/Star icons, or the icon will actually says it’s filler.

And again, choices simply effecting dialog are fine. This makes the character interactions feel natural.

I've done the delamain and claire quest lines and you've got to be joking if you hold them up as if they are good/interesting.

The delamain ones are fetch quests, although you're just fetching cars scattered around the map with a twist and the Claire ones are terrible races that have been done a million times better in pretty much every open world city game since GTA SA.
Not to mention Delamain quest chain where you have to convince his cabs to drove back to Delamain, so obviously there is some AI for driving even though he claims there is none.

Where's that AI for the regular cars in the city then? That AI only exists for those missions and it's pre-scripted. Is it really even AI if its scripted?

Nobody cared about that when Witcher 3 released. Cyberpunk is more of a RPG then Witcher 3 is.

Further evidence that Cyberpunk fanboys are even more delusional than console fanboys.

No worse than any other open world launch game. Somehow, CDPR is a "lesser" developer than Rockstar yet they can deliver a high quality PC verion of a multiplatform game on release and it doesn't take them an entire extra year.

Like with all games, if you're unsure, it's best to wait.

I will say one thing and that is what we saw in TLOU2 gameplay trailer in 2018 was much more true to the actual game than the 2018 Cyberpunk trailer.

Whether true or not, people still lost their shit. TLOU2 still hasn't launched their mp mode...what an "incomplete, broken" game. Where's the outrage there?

I'd hold off, if anything I'd watch this review.

This game has so many fundamental problems, its fucking struggling to even meet GTA3 AI.

Does he go into how Rockstar gameplay and painfully linear mission structure really hasn't evolved much in close to 20 years? How combat, quests, characters, and guns are all light years ahead of Rockstar's output and world detail is at least on par with them? People need to start putting some respect on Cyberpunk's name.

That guy is a fucking HACK. You can't pull quotes from an article that quoted a German podcast which in turn was grossly mistranslated by some Reddit gonk. Clickbait, shameless grifting of the highest order.

Gotta get those likes and smashed subscribe buttons in while the eatin' is good. Does he even source the footage he monetizes or share some of the money with the people who made those clips? He's a court jester with no credibility whatsoever.

"Just because I am dressed this way, does NOT make me a journalist!" No, but you are wearing a journalist's uniform.

I've done the delamain and claire quest lines and you've got to be joking if you hold them up as if they are good/interesting.

The delamain ones are fetch quests, although you're just fetching cars scattered around the map with a twist and the Claire ones are terrible races that have been done a million times better in pretty much every open world city game since GTA SA.
Out of the ones I mentioned these have the least interesting gameplay but it sounds like you haven’t completed them. They are both more than they appear. The story of these missions and where they go is better than most games.

the Claire ones are terrible races that have been done a million times better in pretty much every open world city game since GTA SA.

Oh yes, all those character moments, dialogue options and choices in GTA SA. I ADORED those.

The whole GTA comparisons are so disingenuous. No one bought those games and marveled, "Wow, those NPC AIs really drive well!"

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Oh yes, all those character moments, dialogue options and choices in GTA SA. I ADORED those.

The whole GTA comparisons are so disingenuous. No one bought those games and marveled, "Wow, those NPC AIs really drive well!"

Ah yes these huge amazing dialogue choices that are ultimately meaningless and change nothing. The choice between a car and money at the end - groundbreaking, never done before.

I save scum the shit out of these types of games and I actually stopped bothering after about 30h in once I realised none of my dialogue choices or decisions resulted in anything different actually happening. Even the fucking skill checks for dialogue are pointless and only result in an extra line of dialogue from your character. Every "choice" is just an illusion.

Out of the ones I mentioned these have the least interesting gameplay but it sounds like you haven’t completed them. They are both more than they appear. The story of these missions and where they go is better than most games.

They are not more than they appear. Some "story" plastered on top of crappy derivative mission/quest design doesn't suddenly make it good. Especially so when you can have little influence with regard to said story and all roads lead to pretty much the same destination.

Last edited:
Yeah, the people comparing this to GTA are disingenuous as fuck at this point. Maybe week 1 I got it but at this point you should get it by now that it's an RPG, different style of game. It's like complaining Fallout isn't as good of a shooter as Destiny

Ah yes these huge amazing dialogue choices that are ultimately meaningless and change nothing. The choice between a car and money at the end - groundbreaking, never done before.

I save scum the shit out of these types of games and I actually stopped bothering after about 30h in once I realised none of my dialogue choices or decisions resulted in anything different actually happening. Even the fucking skill checks for dialogue are pointless and only result in an extra line of dialogue from your character. Every "choice" is just an illusion.

The dialogue and characters are a major part of the game. If you ignore all that...why did you even play this game? Plenty of games out there that will shower you in "you're a winner, sport!" rewards.

We're coming at choices from two different perspectives and it's pointless to go further.

EDMIX

Does he go into how Rockst

Ah yes, the classic whataboutism. This is about what Cyberpunk does wrong in regards to an open world that rockstar and many clearly get right. I don't know why suddenly the fucking idea of cop chases is a "GTA" concept, so In such an open-world you can expect that the police might chase you... unless you're going to tell me cop cars no longer exist in the future I see no reason to try to pretend the game must be "Grand Theft Auto" to include something like this because this is a universal idea this is not something locked or exclusive to the ideology of Grand Theft Auto I mean my God if you rob a bank right now today cops will chase you in their cars... it's not as if they passed some mysterious legislation for cops to learn about Grand Theft Auto as if prior to that games existence a car chase never existed or something lol

So you just want to attack the person, instead of actually hearing what they are talking about as they have all the fucking footage to prove what they are saying.

Why have gangs that don't even do shit in the open world naturally and only get stuck in this scripted shit, when CDPR's own fucking words were that it could randomly happen in such neighborhoods? So its clear that is false. The AI factually is not smart enough to do many of theses features.

Shit even if you argued COPS couldn't drive cars, gang bangers can't either? So no one in the open world can drive a car and CHASE YOU with the intent to do harm?

But hey, thats a GTA idea right? People wouldn't use vehicles to harm others or go after people in the future /s

Trying to attack the person is simply a way to try to get out of actually addressing the shit wrong with the game. I literally felt like I was fucking playing a PS2 game the design was so bad, even PS2 games had better AI. Screwing over the Voodoo boys DOESN'T DO SHIT in the open world.

If you have something personal to argue about the Youtuber you will simply be ignored. You just don't want to really admit this games obvious issues.

Let the game be compared by its peers. They wanted to fucking make a open world game in a city about crime, cars, and humans, allow them to behave as such. I don't know why it not being GTA is the classic bullshit excuse on why in the future cops, gangs and bad guys forgot how to drive cars with intent harm.

edit.

"The dialogue and characters are a major part of the game. If you ignore all that...why did you even play this game?" Nah, bullshit.

The majority of this main story is literally a walking simulator (or driving) where a character takes over the car, drives slow as fuck and they spend a long ass time speaking about crap. It sounds like that was the only way they could get a game shipped as anything that fucking MOVED was so broken, the meat of the main quest are now "go here, listen to this, hack this, listen to this person more and more.....annnnnnnd more, go in car with person, listen to them more as MOVING will cause the game to break"

I don't buy that the shit main story was done this way cause they wanted almost 80% of it to be some NPC speaking to you, that sounds like such a lie its not even funny.

I think Reeves jumped on board middle in 2018 and they scrapped the majority of what they where working on, but in that time frame they could only come up with a bunch of driving and walking scenes to add a bunch of filler. I noticed this in my own playthrough when I was noticing how many fucking hours went by with me just talking thru theses missions. Why even fucking give me any points for this mission to level up some combat shit, when all I'm going to do is another round of "go in this persons car, listen to them talk, hack......listen more" missions?

Not everyone falls for this companies questionable practices man. I don't buy that this was done based on what the developers REALLY wanted.

Last edited:

FutureMD

I only had my laptop 5500m to play with during the break and I still enjoyed it. There were many bugs though (not complaining, 2 of the hardest bosses froze during last 3rd of their health), so if you really hate bugs, you'll wanna wait. Can't wait until a VR edition of this comes out in some years, gonna be amazing.

JayK47

Weird question in my opinion. I had only minor glitches throughout my PC play through. The game is definitely rough around the edges. I don't plan to go back to the game for a good year. Hoping for patches and mods that will make it so much better. It is likely to be my game of 2021.

I was far more let down by the main story than the glitches. Depends on what you want from a game. I want a good story with great characters. This game had amazing characters and a so-so main story. The side quests were way more interesting, but almost out of place with the rest of the main game. Hard to get invested in the city and side content when you are supposedly going to die any second.

EDMIX

Yeah, the people comparing this to GTA are disingenuous as fuck at this point. Maybe week 1 I got it but at this point you should get it by now that it's an RPG, different style of game. It's like complaining Fallout isn't as good of a shooter as Destiny

Nah, they wanted that comparison when they decide to make a open world in a city with humans that drive cars.

I would complain if Fallout marketed itself to be a shared world, looter shooter yet didn't deliver that. I don't know why just because the game is not called GTA, suddenly having retarded brain dead AI is ok.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Some "story" plastered on top of crappy derivative mission/quest design doesn't suddenly make it good. Especially so when you can have little influence with regard to said story and all roads lead to pretty much the same destination.

Is this your first video game? Your standards seem to be skyrocketing with each post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, they wanted that comparison when they decide to make a open world in a city with humans that drive cars.

I would complain if Fallout marketed itself to be a shared world, looter shooter yet didn't deliver that. I don't know why just because the game is not called GTA, suddenly having retarded brain dead AI is ok.

Fallout went open world and first person shooter, yet didn't get knocked for not being the top dog for open worlds or shooting mechanics. You invite comparisons by doing things but most people are slightly more realistic than you are, GTA III was praised to high heaven despite it's third person shooting being the absolute worst in its class, nevermind how poor the handling for driving was. Deus Ex wasn't ass blasted for its shooting mechanics. Witcher 3's open world is deader than Cyberpunk's by a huge margin but people love the fuck out of that game. This is strictly about expectations, you had the wrong ones, a lot of people did. You can site me advertising for the game but what advertising showed off the player just getting up to bullshit in an open world and dealing with police? They didn't, in fact early in the game you are given the idea such a thing was doomed to failure.

Ah yes, the classic whataboutism. This is about what Cyberpunk does wrong in regards to an open world that rockstar and many clearly get right. I don't know why suddenly the fucking idea of cop chases is a "GTA" concept, so In such an open-world you can expect that the police might chase you... unless you're going to tell me cop cars no longer exist in the future I see no reason to try to pretend the game must be "Grand Theft Auto" to include something like this because this is a universal idea this is not something locked or exclusive to the ideology of Grand Theft Auto I mean my God if you rob a bank right now today cops will chase you in their cars... it's not as if they passed some mysterious legislation for cops to learn about Grand Theft Auto as if prior to that games existence a car chase never existed or something lol

So you just want to attack the person, instead of actually hearing what they are talking about as they have all the fucking footage to prove what they are saying.

Why have gangs that don't even do shit in the open world naturally and only get stuck in this scripted shit, when CDPR's own fucking words were that it could randomly happen in such neighborhoods? So its clear that is false. The AI factually is not smart enough to do many of theses features.

Shit even if you argued COPS couldn't drive cars, gang bangers can't either? So no one in the open world can drive a car and CHASE YOU with the intent to do harm?

But hey, thats a GTA idea right? People wouldn't use vehicles to harm others or go after people in the future /s

Trying to attack the person is simply a way to try to get out of actually addressing the shit wrong with the game. I literally felt like I was fucking playing a PS2 game the design was so bad, even PS2 games had better AI. Screwing over the Voodoo boys DOESN'T DO SHIT in the open world.

If you have something personal to argue about the Youtuber you will simply be ignored. You just don't want to really admit this games obvious issues.

Let the game be compared by its peers. They wanted to fucking make a open world game in a city about crime, cars, and humans, allow them to behave as such. I don't know why it not being GTA is the classic bullshit excuse on why in the future cops, gangs and bad guys forgot how to drive cars with intent harm.

Lol. I NEVER brought up GTA when discussing Cyberpunk, you did in your own damn post and so did all the angry people around the internet. I'm simply comparing how CP2077 is top tier in some areas yet people don't recognize that to fuel their pathetic hatetrain and drive up clicks. They point out CP2077's flaws yet don't point to any of the things it does well. It's an echochamber of "NPC and Cops BAD AI so game bad" wah wah wahing. I wouldn't have a problem with this kind of discussion if people were actually fucking consistent and reacted this way and scrutinized every minute detail for all games. Like, y'all have been fucking crying over NPC AI for almost a month now. That's just fucking sad.

Let it be judged by its peers, sure. But don't conveniently leave out all the things CDPR does well that clearly and completely outclasses their peers. Again, be fucking consistent.

Again, he's a hack and his opinion is less than worthless, like almost all Youtube reviewers. Got nothing against him personally but I do have a problem with cheap, clickbait videos with dubious at best "sources." Have some fucking integrity if you're going to make money off videos. Grifters like him have stained game discussion something fierce.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Does he go into how Rockstar
Lol. I NEVER brought up GTA

Twas brought up when you started to bash the developer instead of accepting the obvious criticism.

how CP2077 is top tier in some areas

nah, its average in many and I'd argue below average in most areas.

Let it be judged by its peers, sure. But don't conveniently leave out all the things CDPR does that clearly and completely outclasses their peers

They have no reason to make shit up to try to make the game look good if they don't feel its does many things well. Their view might simply be that the game is below average and I agree with that assessment playing through the game myself.

Sorry bud but the fucking AI in a video game is important. You have firefights in this game with NPC guarding walls, kneeling down and never looking up, many times frozen, so slow you have to basically hunt for them or they'd never get you. The excuses made for this is beyond ridiculous.

Again, he's a hack and his opinion is less than worthless,

Again....attacking the person doesn't address the game's issues. What he is pointing out is a factually thing you literally can look up playing the game. Some of the shit he is showing happened to me.

You guys are simply mad that this game ended up like shit and is being laughed at when thousands of videos being made showing games dating back 20 years having more impressive AI.

Blame the developer for hyping that up. I don't know why you thought in 2020 a full price game that was in development for this long, was going to get a pass with such shit AI and broken design that is even more dated then PS2 GTA series.

The series where messing with a gang would have that gang shoot at you and CHASE YOU in cars?

But hey, let me guess.....none of that would be useful in Cyberpunk 2077 as it doesn't have gangs, is not in a city with cars and???? you sure about that? I'm starting to think any fucking team can make this game better then what this team put out. Watchdogs Legions put out a working product with better AI and more features and its still considered average.

Yet....we are suppose to praise the game missing a boat load of features even the developer claimed would be in the game?

It was never about this game being like GTA, it was like this game having AI that behaved like humans do in a fucking city with crime, guns and cars.

E Explosive Zombie You make so many excuses for this developer I don't think anyone can take much of what you say seriously. You'll be jumping for joy saying how amazing it is when they add all those features throughout the year as they finish their early access game, beta, alpha....what ever this is.

Even if you just cited cops and some design choice like in the future they can't do chases anymore or something, the gangs too? They all follow the law now or? Its not saying the team marketed all of that, its saying why is that in the a fucking game about such a concept? So you could keep making as many excuses as you want but The Narrative of the game is fundamentally hurt when you have somebody telling you about crime that seems the only exist when you're not in a car and you're talkin about how dangerous criminals are that happened to have no ability to ever drive cars outside of a scripted sequence.

That starts to show that its simply because the team just can't do that concept. It takes you right out of that world.

You know why in Mafia cops chases you? Cause the fucking narrative of the title is about a person in a gang, that breaks the law, thus such a action would make sense in a world, with gangs, cars, crime etc. Stop making fucking excuses for this game.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
Personally I decided to wait a bit until they iron most of the bugs, fix the biggest issues and add more content. I'm not in a hurry and much prefer to play a most stable and feature-completed version of the game.

harmny

Banned
fun. another round of edmix getting drunk at night and posting

sounds like disco elysium. a game you loved. "meaningless" skill checks that don't change the outcome of anything. you just get different dialogue. just an illusion of choice then right?

Last edited:
fun. another round of edmix getting drunk at night and posting

sounds like disco elysium. a game you loved. "meaningless" skill checks that don't change the outcome of anything. you just get different dialogue. just an illusion of choice.

Ah, that's drunk posting, I was wondering if he was intellectually stunted in some way or English wasn't his first language because it's hard to wrap my head around the last post he directed at me.

EDMIX

Personally I decided to wait a bit until they iron most of the bugs, fix the biggest issues and add more content. I'm not in a hurry and much prefer to play a most stable and feature-completed version of the game.

Likely.

I'll return later next year as this game is just greatly incomplete. The actual menu even has things that are referenced that are removed or missing slots etc When you go in V's apartment, it literally says some message about a feature that is literally no in the game.

I've yet to see this level of brokenness in a major release like this to the point of literally have text talking about features just incomplete.

E Explosive Zombie Truth hurts.

They wanted to make a open world about crime, cars etc, they shouldn't be shocked when people start asking such questions about this. Seems to be hundreds of excuses for this developer.

Theses guys can't even match to stuff found in Watchdogs. Those guys must be gods to CDPR or something.

Be like "trains are too next gen, you need a PS6 for that feature"

Laughs in Watchdogs 1

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Likely.

I'll return later next year as this game is just greatly incomplete. The actual menu even has things that are referenced that are removed or missing slots etc When you go in V's apartment, it literally says some message about a feature that is literally no in the game.

I've yet to see this level of brokenness in a major release like this to the point of literally have text talking about features just incomplete.

mgsv was incomplete

Likely.

So you missed out on Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda, Batman Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 (nearly all Bethesda releases in fact), The Avengers, every other CDPR game all the way back to Witcher 1?

harmny

Banned
So you missed out on Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda, Batman Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 (nearly all Bethesda releases in fact), The Avengers, every other CDPR game all the way back to Witcher 1?

maybe on console but on pc my experience has been honestly pretty good. in fact i had way more performance problems with rdr2. rockstar ports are crap. and fallout 4 was awful too.

Halo0629

I have it on steam and yeah go for it. It's really night and day when compared to ps4/one. I'm really having a lot of fun with the pc version eventhough It's still buggy as hell.

mgsv was incomplete

Mad Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Larxia

It's all random. can have 10 bugs or 10k bugs.
The game is kinda bad anyway...

Just watched it, it was great, I think it was the best "review" I've seen of the game. And after seeing this, it feels like people who say the game is great are liars too lol There are maybe some few cool things, but the whole game in general seem so wrong.

GHG

Gold Member
sounds like disco elysium. a game you loved. "meaningless" skill checks that don't change the outcome of anything. you just get different dialogue. just an illusion of choice then right?

Have you even played DE?

Failing skill checks or selecting different dialogue (or action) options in that game can result in:
  • The game ending early
  • Missing out or encountering entire new branching quests and characters
  • Missing out on entire conversations with even more skill checks and choices
  • Characters dying
  • Missing areas of the game
  • Missing or failing to spot key items
And yes, for all of the things above there are alternative paths, in a lot of cases multiple alternative paths. Nothing is set in stone, it's pretty much a choose your own adventure game.

Is this your first video game? Your standards seem to be skyrocketing with each post.

Actually I think it's the opposite. The people defending the "RPG" aspects of this game and are heaping praise on it provably haven't experienced much in the genre outside of the witcher 3 and the modern consolised Bethesda games.

If we are to consider this game an RPG then it fails on many fronts. A far better RPG released earlier this year in Wasteland 3.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Just watched it, it was great, I think it was the best "review" I've seen of the game. And after seeing this, it feels like people who say the game is great are liars too lol There are maybe some few cool things, but the whole game in general seem so wrong.

its not the worst game in the world, its very below average in most areas, but fun can be had with the title.

If you go into it like its borderlands with worst gunplay and slow AI.....you can have some fun in it, but I'd say the fun that can be had in this game can be done in pretty much most games. They are in this hot water because of the nature of the game they are trying to make. Its really, really hard not to question why cops are not chasing you or gangs or why ambulances don't show up when you kill people, it just takes you out of the world.

If the team said they are making a city in the future like Escape From New York and it was lawless and cops were scared or corrupt and paid off and never really fought crime....you might be able to get away with this, but they open the doors when they added cars and proceeded to argue this lively narrative, in city they couldn't actually support the idea behind this city having any real life. I feel maybe the team bit off more then they could chew, maybe the management is having them do shit they know the team can't or having them do shit they can do but in a absolutely unrealistic time frame or something.

Regardless. An idea existed that was interesting, but the execution was just amateur. I really, really wanted to like the game and kept my pre-order as I love the genre and setting, but this isn't a real rpg and the setting being sci-fi isn't enough to carry the whole ass game with bugs, crashes, broken quest and then with the fundamental design being broke.

it would be like if I told you Watchdogs Legion is GOTY cause I like Bladerunner or Deus Ex lol. I might like the setting, but that doesn't change a below average game to GOTY and flawless. I hope the game ends up like what the team wanted, but its sounding like that is better said then done.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Have you even played DE?

Failing skill checks or selecting different dialogue (or action) options in that game can result in:
  • The game ending early
  • Characters dying
And yes, for all of the things above there are alternative paths, in a lot of cases multiple alternative paths. Nothing is set in stone, it's pretty much a choose your own adventure game.

Actually I think it's the opposite. The people defending the "RPG" aspects of this game and are heaping praise on it provably haven't experienced much in the genre outside of the witcher 3 and the modern consolised Bethesda games.

If we are to consider this game an RPG then it fails on many fronts. A far better RPG released earlier this year in Wasteland 3.

- the early endings are joke endings not real endings.
- there are practically no branching quests in disco elysium. and you can indeed miss conversations the same way you can in cyberpunk. in fact you can miss entire chain of side quests if you make a choice in cyberpunk.
- more characters can die as a result of your choices in cyberpunk and with a lot more repercussion.
- missing areas of the game. sure there are a couple. you can miss even more in cyberpunk.
- missing or failing to spot key items. sure and still nothing changes because the story is super linear. you'll manage in some other way to do the same things

honestly this is not the best hill to die on. the game is as linear as it gets. almost everything is set in stone. you can't change the outcome of almost anything. the beauty in the game is how the writing changes depending on your build. how your character internally changes and what information you get about the world from that from dialogues and your perception. but nothing in terms of outcomes. you do the same things.

of course admitting that is also admitting that your argument about how shallow cyberpunk is doesn't work so you are not going to do that. you don't like the game that's fine. but saying everything is just an illusion is not really a good take when we have critically acclaimed games that offer even less choices in terms of outcomes and nobody cares.

Jesus Christ what a ridiculous take. No one is lying about enjoying the game, what would be the point? We're not making money off Youtube clicks like the guy you're praising.
Have you even played DE?

• The game ending early
  • Characters dying

CP2077 can end early
You can miss out on entire quests and characters in CP2077
again, in CP2077
Lots of chars can die based on your actions
Yeah... there are whole areas of the game you won't see if you don't pick the right build or make the right choices
Uh-huh... wow, all things CP2077 has

PROVABLY?? So, prove it!

What makes Wasteland 3 a better RPG?
its not the worst game in the world, its very below average in most areas, but fun can be had with the title.

If you go into it like its borderlands with worst gunplay and slow AI.....you can have some fun in it, but I'd say the fun that can be had in this game can be done in pretty much most games. They are in this hot water because of the nature of the game they are trying to make. Its really, really hard not to question why cops are not chasing you or gangs or why ambulances don't show up when you kill people, it just takes you out of the world.

If the team said they are making a city in the future like Escape From New York and it was lawless and cops were scared or corrupt and paid off and never really fought crime....you might be able to get away with this, but they open the doors when they added cars and proceeded to argue this lively narrative, in city they couldn't actually support the idea behind this city having any real life. I feel maybe the team bit off more then they could chew, maybe the management is having them do shit they know the team can't or having them do shit they can do but in a absolutely unrealistic time frame or something.

Regardless. An idea existed that was interesting, but the execution was just amateur. I really, really wanted to like the game and kept my pre-order as I love the genre and setting, but this isn't a real rpg and the setting being sci-fi isn't enough to carry the whole ass game with bugs, crashes, broken quest and then with the fundamental design being broke.

it would be like if I told you Watchdogs Legion is GOTY cause I like Bladerunner or Deus Ex lol. I might like the setting, but that doesn't change a below average game to GOTY and flawless. I hope the game ends up like what the team wanted, but its sounding like that is better said then done.

I mean... the gunplay is easily better than Borderlands gunplay and it's not like Borderlands has fantastic AI. Yeah, most games can be fun. What do you mean by "or gangs" here? Most people you kill probably aren't covered by Trauma Team platinum, and even ones who are like Sandra Dorsett in the early mission they mask her Biomon so Trauma Team doesn't know what's occurring. Since most people you kill are gang bangers I'm not surprised no one comes to save them. If you kill innocent pedestrians the cops do show up, in fact a complaint about the game from many is how the cops seemingly spawn out of thin air, it's a real problem with the game design but it's also weird to play this game in such a way you're murdering innocent people, it's not GTA.

Wait, they totally advertised the cops were corrupt, though. The game is clearly a critique of corporatism and how people don't have value in such a society unless they're upper class. Man, not cars! Plenty of open world games have AI routines for their pedestrians just as simplistic as here while featuring far less NPCs than this does. That said they've claimed NPC AI is on their list of fixes coming. It's more they rushed the game out. Yeah, we know this, they admitted it.

What do you mean it isn't a real RPG? So far all you've complained about is open world/sandbox elements. Which quests are broken? How is the fundamental design broken?

What would I care if Watch Dogs Legion was someone's game of the year? Why would I enter threads telling them they're wrong to enjoy it? Why do you keep arguing like the setting is the only reason people praise the game? What does "better said than done" mean in this context?

llien

As far as performance aspect goes:

No modern GPU can run it at 4k (at ultra), leave "but can't I upscale from 1440p and call it '4k something'" for silly people.

DLSS Running it at lower resolution carries this game.
FTFY

Last edited:

timothet

As far as performance aspect goes:

No modern GPU can run it at 4k (at ultra), leave "but can't I upscale from 1440p and call it '4k something'" for silly people.

FTFY

TIL that in order to run the game at 4k you have to reach stable 60fps. Lower than that and your PC will explode.

Mista

Banned
Current state of the game on PC, is it safe to get and play now, or are we still in a wait and hold pattern till the 1st big January patch?
Never was wait and hold on PC to begin with. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs but I did encounter some minor bugs

If you don't have a high-end PC, don't bother with the game honestly. Its very demanding

Twas brought up when you started to bash the developer instead of accepting the obvious criticism.

nah, its average in many and I'd argue below average in most areas.

They have no reason to make shit up to try to make the game look good if they don't feel its does many things well. Their view might simply be that the game is below average and I agree with that assessment playing through the game myself.

Sorry bud but the fucking AI in a video game is important. You have firefights in this game with NPC guarding walls, kneeling down and never looking up, many times frozen, so slow you have to basically hunt for them or they'd never get you. The excuses made for this is beyond ridiculous.

Again....attacking the person doesn't address the game's issues. What he is pointing out is a factually thing you literally can look up playing the game. Some of the shit he is showing happened to me.

You guys are simply mad that this game ended up like shit and is being laughed at when thousands of videos being made showing games dating back 20 years having more impressive AI.

Blame the developer for hyping that up. I don't know why you thought in 2020 a full price game that was in development for this long, was going to get a pass with such shit AI and broken design that is even more dated then PS2 GTA series.

The series where messing with a gang would have that gang shoot at you and CHASE YOU in cars?

But hey, let me guess.....none of that would be useful in Cyberpunk 2077 as it doesn't have gangs, is not in a city with cars and???? you sure about that? I'm starting to think any fucking team can make this game better then what this team put out. Watchdogs Legions put out a working product with better AI and more features and its still considered average.

Yet....we are suppose to praise the game missing a boat load of features even the developer claimed would be in the game?

It was never about this game being like GTA, it was like this game having AI that behaved like humans do in a fucking city with crime, guns and cars.

E Explosive Zombie You make so many excuses for this developer I don't think anyone can take much of what you say seriously. You'll be jumping for joy saying how amazing it is when they add all those features throughout the year as they finish their early access game, beta, alpha....what ever this is.

Even if you just cited cops and some design choice like in the future they can't do chases anymore or something, the gangs too? They all follow the law now or? Its not saying the team marketed all of that, its saying why is that in the a fucking game about such a concept? So you could keep making as many excuses as you want but The Narrative of the game is fundamentally hurt when you have somebody telling you about crime that seems the only exist when you're not in a car and you're talkin about how dangerous criminals are that happened to have no ability to ever drive cars outside of a scripted sequence.

That starts to show that its simply because the team just can't do that concept. It takes you right out of that world.

You know why in Mafia cops chases you? Cause the fucking narrative of the title is about a person in a gang, that breaks the law, thus such a action would make sense in a world, with gangs, cars, crime etc. Stop making fucking excuses for this game.

Oh, you seem touchy....is that...is that your review? I''ve seen the "average combat, meh story and boring characters" bit tossed around by the cretins of Reddit (who don't respond) and I'll ask you the same question. What are these mythical perfect open world games? I'd actually like to play them.

Why don't you and the other complainers just....move on from the game? Why do you keep paying attention to something you say is "average" at best? We know why "thousands" of videos have been made and it's all been for $$$. Hell, many of these videos just straight up steal clips from Reddit and monetize them.

Watch Dogs Legion...lol. Remember Watchdog 1 and the downgrade meltdowns? Same old shit. People expected Cyberpunk Simulator: San Andreas for some weird reason. Check yourself and do your homework next time before you pre-order a game and spare us all these tears. Cyberpunk and CDPR will be fine.

These arguments just go in circles and I don't have time for this shit. Fingers crossed to hear about all these better open world games with everything polished to perfection. Truly.

acm2000

Never was wait and hold on PC to begin with. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs but I did encounter some minor bugs

If you don't have a high-end PC, don't bother with the game honestly. Its very demanding
im playing on an i7 gtx1060 laptop and its more than playable on medium/high

Madflavor

There are so many better designed open world games that Cyberpunk 2077. But none of them made be as attached to the world and it's characters as Cyberpunk has.

I've aired my complaints about the game before in the past but truth be told, getting real fucking tired of seeinflg this game get trashed all the time. Yeah it deserves to get trashed for the state it was in at launch, and their management team deserves to be thrown in the dumpster in the back of the studio. There are problems, but there's too much beauty and brilliant moments in the game, that are being overlooked and drowned out by the anger and bug memeing.

I just really hope CDPR can turn this game around and improve it over the next couple of years, along with the modding community doing some amazing things.

acm2000

Thats good to know. I read on the subreddit that people with low to medium end PC's were struggling
just depends who much of an elitist you are, if you have a brain and are willing to except compromises, its fine.

I run it with dynamic scaling 900p-1080p, and im happy with 30fps/motion blur to ramp up the graphics higher, frame rate nazis will want 60fps and they can lower settings accordingly and there are many many ini tweaks you can use too.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've seen some people here with s lot of playtime, like more than 100 hours. Is there that much to do in the game?

Top Bottom