• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

Krisprolls

Banned
Reaching how?

Where are the console reviews?

Why couldn't reviewers make videos using their own footage?

Why did certain well-known reviewers not get a copy while people who aren't even reviewers got sent a backpack full of goodies along with a chair?

Say what you want but they have 100% controlled the narrative here. The Steam reviews wont be so kind.

To be fair, I watched a 2 hour PS4 version leak running on PS5 yesterday and it ran pretty well, mostly better than on PC if Gerstmann's opinion is anything to go by : he said he stopped driving cars due to the game being a slideshow on his 2080 Ti, and game went to single digit fps watching a mirror, while driving looked to run okay in terms of framerate on PS5. So did the sequence where the guy watched himself in the mirror. Not the same graphical settings obviously, but the framerate looked good overall.

PS4 version on base PS4 or even worse base XBO version will probably run far worse though, so I can get why they're afraid of giving them, people would run them on last gen hardware.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
My only issue with these reviews is giving the review copies so late for a game with such a big world and a plethora of sidequests. I don't think we're getting the full picture of the game when these reviews had to crunch like hell to finish the game to write something about it.

GHG

Gold Member
We already know this doesn't mean shit, because review version had Denuvo and release version won't.

While I live in hope, if you expect the removal of Denuvo to make a huge difference then you might well be setting yourself up for disappointment.

To be fair, I watched a 2 hour PS4 version leak running on PS5 yesterday and it ran pretty well, mostly better than on PC if Gerstmann's opinion is anything to go by : he said he stopped driving cars due to the game being a slideshow on his 2080 Ti, and game went to single digit fps watching a mirror, while driving looked to run okay in terms of framerate on PS5. So did the sequence where the guy watched himself in the mirror. Not the same graphical settings obviously, but the framerate looked good.

PS4 version on base PS4 or even worse base XBO version will probably run far worse though, so I can get why they're afraid of giving them, people would run them on last gen hardware.

Ask yourself, what platform(s) will the vast majority of people be playing this on?

It's a scummy move, reviewers should be able to inform people of the kind of experience they can expect and they have been prevented from doing so.

If they couldn't get the game running well on the base (now) last gen consoles then they should have cancelled them.

Last edited:
Wish I wasn't serious:

Wake the fuck up, Samurai. We have GPUs to burn.

maxresdefault.jpg

eot

Banned
The dialogue being corny and the immaturity of things.
I remember not liking the dialogue in the very first in-game footage they released. It really stood out to me, because the Witcher games have some of my favourite dialogue in games. Speaking of GB actually, I remember their Witcher 2 quicklook and them commenting on the writing there.

SullaFelix

Neo Member
GiantBombs slights were exactly what I was worried about in the pre release footage so it’s disappointing to hear that the full game is like that.

The dialogue being corny and the immaturity of things. I was hoping for more ghost in the shell/blade runner (a more thoughtful approach). Instead I got the zaniness and satire of a gta game dick jokes included. But I guess we’ll see. Not in a huge rush to play

I haven't read all the reviews but it seems like it may be a mix of the corny/ham-fisted dialogue with some deeper, more emotional stuff. I'm hoping so anyway, as I agree that some of the dialogue we've seen so far seems pretty bad, especially compared to Witcher 3.

Dunki

My only issue with these reviews is giving the review copies so late for a game with such a big world and a plethora of sidequests. I don't think we're getting the full picture of the game when these reviews had to crunch like hell to finish the game to write something about it.
NO ONE has to crunch for reviewing a game. This game comes out on thursday there is still a lot of time to review a game even before release. If they feel to crunch it is just because they wanted to be first and nothing else mattered. Not even the quality of the review. AKA Gamespot.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
People here should not forget, that the review copies have Denuvo Copy protection which also is a reason for bad performance. Overall if you want to be really sure wait for the Day 0 Patch at release day.
You think the performance without Denuvo will really be that much better?

Denton

Gerstmann's opinion is anything to go by : he said he stopped driving cars due to the game being a slideshow on his 2080 Ti
I have 2080Ti so I am super curious about how it will run. I would not be surprised if Gerstmann's PC was filled with junk unoptimized running the game from hdd.

But if the performance will be unacceptable, then I will wait. No way I am playing at less than 60fps.

Krisprolls

Banned
While I live in hope, if you expect the removal of Denuvo to make a huge difference then you might well be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Ask yourself, what platform(s) will the vast majority of people be playing this on?

It's a scummy move, reviewers should be able to inform people of the kind of experience they can expect and they have been prevented from doing so.

If they couldn't get the game running well on the base (now) last gen consoles then they should have cancelled them.

Sure, more people will play it on PS4 than on PS5 and yes, it's a scummy move. Though not unusual unfortunately.

Maybe the PS4 version runs okay on PS4 though, as long as you cut enough things graphically like the number of NPCs, there's usually a way.

All I can say is it ran fine on PS5 at least. Just not looking that beautiful, especially coming from Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

Dunki

You think the performance without Denuvo will really be that much better?
It depends on the game and how its used it seems

Denuvo-Tests.png

But also a big factor is the day 0 Patch at release day I am guessing.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My 2070 am cry.
I use an ultrawide 1080p, so I am hoping Denuvo and day 0 patches are hindering performance.

Would hate to have to play this on Medium.

People here should not forget, that the review copies have Denuvo Copy protection which also is a reason for bad performance. Overall if you want to be really sure wait for the Day 0 Patch at release day.
Let's list everything that can improve performance on release day:

1. Day 0 patch
  2. Official GPU drivers
  3. No DRM protection
Anything else? I hope we can squeeze a few more frames.

I'm so glad that it's 91 on MC, really hope it will not go down and review bombed by so called "journalist".
All the world is suddenly "trans aware" and "trans expert", that's so ridiculous.
This game deserves a better fate than a SJW witch hunt.
Lol, nobody cares what trans people think except for Era.
I literally saw one user there say this game was violence against trans people. They are crazy.
Anyone paying s nod to “trans issues” is doing so to stave off attacks from the transera cult.

Dunki

Lol, nobody cares what trans people think except for Era.
I literally saw one user there say this game was violence against trans people. They are crazy.
Anyone paying s nod to “trans issues” is doing so to stave off attacks from the transera cult.
Its not trans people but a certain group of Trans people. I have seen also many trans people not agreeing with it even on era but they got either banend or bullied out as well.
People who are the loud ones are still a small minority compared to the rest.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Its not trans people but a certain group of Trans people. I have seen also many trans people not agreeing with it even on era but they got either banend or bullied out as well.
People who are the loud ones are still a small minority compared to the rest.
fun story: i got banned from ResetEra for saying i wish i could be transgender but felt too scared to go through with it.

i wanted to (still do) transition to female. i spoke about how i felt like killing myself. but apparently i'm transphobic.

Last edited:

Dunki

fun story: i got banned from ResetEra for saying i wish i could be transgender but felt too scared to go through with it.

i wanted to (still do) transition to female. i spoke about how i felt like killing myself. but apparently i'm transphobic.
I am sorry to hear that. Yeah if they do not agree with them they would not even care driving you into suicide....

I do not know if I am allowed but maybe Ailynn Ailynn can help you here. Sorry for tagging you into this.

Javthusiast

Banned
There is no excuse for Cyberpunk to not run well enough on base consoles.

Game went into full production in 2016 from what I read and was originally to come out before next gen consoles even launched.

If RDR2, gta v and the many huge open world Ubisoft games etc. are running well on those consoles so should Cyberpunk, otherwise they simply didn't optimize it enough.

Getting my ps4 copy tomorrow, hopefully it plays fine.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I have a 2070; doesn't bother me that I may need to play the game on medium to get 60 FPS.

I'm one of those weirdos that play games to enjoy the game even if the graphics aren't top notch lol

But day one patch + game ready drivers + no denuvo should make this better than what reviewers are seeing.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

So transphobic means people who have doubts or are too scared to push through. Funny, I always thought it meant something else.

Their narrative is sickening. They aren't there for you. They are just a cult.

Resident woah-as-me-I'm-black-and-female mod Nepenthe attempting to shut up anyone wanting to know why their fellow member Karak was banned. It's amazing how much those progressives who demand openness from everyone are so quick to censor. But then again she's always been a reactionary cunt, so no surprise.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So transphobic means people who have doubts or are too scared to push through. Funny, I always thought it meant something else.

Their narrative is sickening. They aren't there for you. They are just a cult.
i'm transphobic i suppose because i was scared to go ahead with it. for having doubts. for fear of being bullied. unless you go into it with no questions, hesitation, or fears then you're transphobic (in their eyes) lol.

Irobot82

Resident woah-as-me-I'm-black-and-female mod Nepenthe attempting to shut up anyone wanting to know why their fellow member Karak was banned. It's amazing how much those progressives who demand openness from everyone are so quick to censor. But then again she's always been a reactionary cunt, so no surprise.
Looks like they referenced my post too. It's fucked up they don't realize most people don't care about politics in the reviews and checking boxes to meet criteria. They just want to know about the game. Is it fun, what's it like, etc.

Irobot82

i'm transphobic i suppose because i was scared to go ahead with it. for having doubts. for fear of being bullied. unless you go into it with no questions, hesitation, or fears then you're transphobic (in their eyes) lol.
Goes without saying, but every one of us evil nazi stormfront members on here most definitely has your back :messenger_fistbump:
It's a big decision and life altering. Speak with your doctor, your therapist, your family. Sit on it for a hot minute. Explore it temporarily and feel it out. Be you.

Dunki

This is what I will never understand. It is totally normal to have these fears especially in these cases. these compete transitions are not a small thing. If you do not like it you can not just say change me back. that is why its so important to not only speak with professionals but also with people who not encourage you but also stand by your side trying to understand your fears and helping you as much they can without pushing you into something you may regret.

Looks like they referenced my post too. It's fucked up they don't realize most people don't care about politics in the reviews and checking boxes to meet criteria. They just want to know about the game. Is it fun, what's it like, etc.
Games are an escape for many people. Trans people included. My trans nephew would get banned from ERA for his views, which is saying a lot. I will say though, it is fun watching ERA implode around their idiotic goal of creating the worlds stupidest most narrow minded echo chamber.

Irobot82

Hopefully Hardware Unboxed or someone will do an optimized settings review.

Anyone remember when Nvidia used to do a breakdown of settings in games and how it would effects the cards performance. I wish there are more of that for big releases. Gives you an idea of what to expect on your system.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The reviews look great but listening to the giant bomb review podcast on this it's not ready and shouldnt be played yet.
To be fair though, they are playing on PC and there are hundreds of issues that can arise due to differences in video cards, PC specs etc. Curious how they would feel playing on Series X? Easier to program for one specs.

Top Bottom