• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 studio explains how gender customisation works.

Ivory Blood

Almost the same but they won't use pronouns unlike ME 1-3 which did use he/she. This will make the dialogue somewhat stilted given how much the writers will have to jump through hoops to avoid pronouns.
We've been over this already, in my own thread I made on this very subject no less.

It doesn't say that they won't use pronouns in the interview at all - just that V is a handle, like Shepard in Mass Effect. We already saw that they called female V a bitch and used "her" pronouns in the gameplay deep dive. CDPR are not re-recording hours of voice acting to be gender neutral.

plushyp

We've been over this already, in my own thread I made on this very subject no less.

It doesn't say that they won't use pronouns in the interview at all - just that V is a handle, like Shepard in Mass Effect. We already saw that they called female V a bitch and used "her" pronouns in the gameplay deep dive. CDPR are not re-recording hours of voice acting to be gender neutral.
I'm just finding it hard to follow the train of thought the developers are having given how they announce a feature and the next time it is removed. Like what happened to humanity? Removed in favor of the plain old slot mechanic?

Ivory Blood

I'm just finding it hard to follow the train of thought the developers are having given how they announce a feature and the next time it is removed. Like what happened to humanity? Removed in favor of the plain old slot mechanic?
Here I agree with you. Removing Humanity cost from augs is pretty strange.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Before much was shown hype was through the roof. The more news and gameplay comes out it just seems more and more like a slightly better Deus Ex and not the revolution in gaming some made it out to be. xD

CrisPy2019

Being able to customise your character was always important to the world and lore, but what we see here is the same as any other RPG, apart from being able to select your voice.

Being referred to as "V" only is a way of sidestepping how the world perceives your gender. So while consistent with the world and lore, it doesn't add anything, but is rather a compromise to prevent having NPCs comment on your perceived gender.

Basically CD Projekt seem to be staying neutral on the question of gender identity, so in that sense they are appeasing neither side of the debate.
Well trying to be neutral by changing something is NOT being neutral. They already gave in. Development time and resources wasted for people that don't understand that gaming does not need any kind of politics.

These vocal clownorities don't even know what politics are tbh. It's conversation and discusssion and compromises and whatnot. It is NOT forcing people to change just because.

But it's the same people that think liberals means losing liberty or that antifa is actually against fascism. (There is nothing more fascist in the western world than antifa right now)

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned

rolandss

Eh I’m not phased by this, it’ll let me chose what I want still so I don’t care what others chose to play as. I’m not really clear on why they got rid of third person cutscenes though. Is that still a thing?

jadefire66

Fuck off with this inclusivity bullshit. If this game was made 10 years ago, you would just be picking your sex and that's it. And nobody would be talking about it. 15 years ago, and only straight romances would be in the game. And nobody would complain. I miss those times. RPGs were so much better back then.

Modern gaming is so dead to me. There is an occasional AA/indie gem and that's about it. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed a big budget AAA game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fuck off with this inclusivity bullshit. If this game was made 10 years ago, you would just be picking your sex and that's it. And nobody would be talking about it. 15 years ago, and only straight romances would be in the game. And nobody would complain. I miss those times. RPGs were so much better back then.

Modern gaming is so dead to me. There is an occasional AA/indie gem and that's about it. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed a big budget AAA game.
Imagine giving a fuck about it 🤣

jadefire66

Imagine giving a fuck about it 🤣

Sorry but the roleplaying was the thing I was looking forward to most. You know, like in VTMB and other RPGs from back then? I couldn't care less about the generic dumbed down gameplay that it will have, or whatever generic dystopian story they come up with. It will probably just be like a Deus Ex: Adam Jensen 3 or something (which I am not looking forward to, considering that Mankind Divided was horrible). I was impressed with the hour-long gameplay from last year, but with every news they share, they show that it's straying further and further away from that.

mcjmetroid

Like I don't mind that they are doing this but they are doing this for the wrong reasons.

Say it with me now:
You cannot appease these people. They WILL find something else to complain about. These people don't buy your games. Don't stop wasting your time.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Is it just me, or they are putting soooo much effort into such an irrelevant BS? I mean - how hard it is to make both a male and female models, and record two dialogues with "he" or "she" wherever needed? What's there to customize to begin with? I know many people try to reinvent the wheel in many many aspects of our lives, but this whole gender stuff is getting seriously out of control, you wither have a penis or vagina, it's not a rocket science or quantum physics FFS... I feel like it's BFV all over again, and we all know how it turned out. How about focus on the gameplay instead? Because that doesn't look very well. Gameplay was undoubtedly the very weakest aspect of The Witcher games, so CDPR doesn't have any credit at all in that department. And that midget syndrome, my god, it's like your character doesn't have legs and moves on his butt... Since KZ2 I seriously started noticing it in more and more FPP games, so many devs somehow are unable to place the camera on proper height it's not even funny. I don't expect to be able to see your legs/body when looking down, but c'mon, at least get the camera height right. IMO the game should've been in third person perspective, that would solve a lot of the issues, like the mentioned camera height, cutting out TPP cut-scenes, dull gunplay, etc. But so far, yeah, it's like BFV all over again, where they try to create hype for the game with unneeded controversy, rather than focusing on making a good game.

Ivory Blood

With all those changes I prefer if CDPR would just stop explaining...
They really should just stop saying how their game will be the best thing ever and include everyone and everything, and start showing us - the general public, instead of journos, the product they are selling.

MMaRsu

Banned
This user has been removed from the thread. Discussions and counterpoints can be made, without resorting to this level of noise. Dial it back some.
For the last months the only info we got about this game has been about PC agenda. I'm really tired of this shit.
Like I don't mind that they are doing this but they are doing this for the wrong reasons.

Say it with me now:
You cannot appease these people. They WILL find something else to complain about. These people don't buy your games. Don't stop wasting your time.

Jesus christ you fuckers just dont get it. You probably dont even know wtf cyberpunk is about.

This thread is a fucking joke. How many members are gonna come in here screaming about MUH SJW MUH GEM IS BEING DOWNTRODDEN ON Y DEY CATER TO DEM CRAZIES

Fuckers if you even read one piece of actual info and knew who is writing and making this game you wouldnt say such dumb fucking shit.

Jesus christ this thread is worse than the REEEEEEtards

mcjmetroid

Jesus christ you fuckers just dont get it. You probably dont even know wtf cyberpunk is about.

This thread is a fucking joke. How many members are gonna come in here screaming about MUH SJW MUH GEM IS BEING DOWNTRODDEN ON Y DEY CATER TO DEM CRAZIES

Fuckers if you even read one piece of actual info and knew who is writing and making this game you wouldnt say such dumb fucking shit.

I'm sorry but how else are we supposed to take this?

It's amazing that in 3 paragraphs of fucking us out of it you managed to offer no counter argument except having faith in the developer.

Like as I said this isn't a deal breaker to me and I don't give a flying shit if they are but they ARE doing this for a reason and if you think the only reason they are is because it's a futuristic cyberpunk universe than I've got a bag of sand to sell you..

I want to hear more about the fucking game and the gameplay not this shit every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

mortal

Gold Member
You can name Shepard and they didn't avoid pronouns in ME.
?
6IBO8UA.png

cpqOKfY.jpg

E39ZLbp.png

Last one is debatable, but more often than not, females are referred to derogatively as "dirty bitch" in heated exchanges rather than males.

Yoboman

Cancel CD Projekt! These SJW CUCKS will not stop mah freedom of speech, so why don’t they stfu and stop talking so openly in my gaming safe space

Arkage

Banned
It’s like some people have literally no idea what cyberpunk means in terms of traditional gender categories. Christ. The entire premise of this world is total body modification but users here are bailing on the game because the men aren’t men and the women aren’t women.

Hint: you types who obsess over nonexistent SJW/PC agendas are just as obnoxiously idiotic and conspiratorial as those pushing the SJW/PC agendas.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It’s like some people have literally no idea what cyberpunk means in terms of traditional gender categories. Christ. The entire premise of this world is total body modification but users here are bailing on the game because the men aren’t men and the women aren’t women.

Hint: you types who obsess over nonexistent SJW/PC agendas are just as obnoxiously idiotic and conspiratorial as those pushing the SJW/PC agendas.

I agree with all of the obsession, the internet amplifies things 0-100 extremes in either direction.

But why can't one pick their biological sex? You know, scientific, real biology, outside of supposed "social constructs"?

Cyberpunk universe still had people's "sex". Male and Female are sexes not genders, even according to the social construct proponents.

Last edited:

jadefire66

Oh yeah? But if this game was made 10-15 years ago, you know it wouldn't have any of this shit. You'd be picking male or female and that's it. What do you have to say to that?

Barakov

Yeah.....CD Projekt should just go radio silent on this stuff till the game comes out. They're just adding fuel to the fire at this point.

Singular7

So many confused people in this thread using the terms male and female.

Those are constructs. Get with 2019.

Humans are born humans, height, color, and things like this are meta-attributes which are defined later in life.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So many confused people in this thread using the terms male and female.

Those are constructs. Get with 2019.

Humans are born humans, height, color, and things like this are meta-attributes which are defined later in life.

This has to be a joke as I don't know anyone of sound mind that mistakes the biological terms of male and female as social constructs. Only a top of the line, A grade fool would.

Last edited:
Top Bottom