• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition Cover for Xbox Series X and PS5 has Leaked

Both the Xbox Series X and PS5 SKUs will be priced at $59.99 according to this reddit post.

FzFpsU0.png

Give I Want One GIF

Weirdly enough the Phantom Liberty DLC is listed as a PSN voucher code for the PS5 while on the XSX box it doesn't say anything regarding its availability (i.e. if the DLC is or isn't a code in a box) so I wonder what's that about. The cover art is very dope though.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Just looked it up on twitter. They could've fit both the base game + DLC on a single disc (at least on PS5) but they cheapened out and probably went with the 66GB instead of the 100GB disc. Way to go CDPR! /s

Well, if that's true I'll cheap out as well.
One reason for me to justify this PS5 version would be to have the fully patched game on disc, independent of internet access.
If the game appears half-baked, I'll have to pass - Ultimate my ass :D

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
One reason for me to justify this PS5 version would be to have the fully patched game on disc, independent of internet access.
If the game appears half-baked, I'll have to pass.

Physical games all the way, right? Meanwhile you can just download the full game's executable from GOG and keep it forever.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Last edited:

Filben

This cover art is way better than that generic dude holding a gun. As much as Night City is focused on in the world building, dialogues and practically where the whole game is set in, it was such a missed opportunity to show at least the tiniest fraction of it. Typical discrepancy between marketing guys not knowing anything beyond the surface about a game.

Now at least we have a car on it, something you'll be using quite a lot in the game, and actual characters that make up 90% of the game.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yes, that's correct. However, whether a developer implements it well or not doesn't negate the essence of the matter.

And that is something good. Why are you trying to bring up this topic with mockery towards me now?
Also the GOG version doesn't help me on the PS5.

It's not mockery targeted at you specifically but at people clinging to physical media like their lives depend on it. It's dead.

And yeah, on a closed platform where there's only one store front and absolutely 0 competition, you will get royally fucked (actually that's already happening). The writing is on the wall, the sooner people abandon the ship, the better for them.

If the game appears half-baked, I'll have to pass - Ultimate my ass :D
I gotta admit I'm a bit annoyed with how they're handling this physical release since The Witcher 3 Complete Edition had everything including the DLCs on the disc; and the same was with the Switch port where they went above and beyond to ensure that all the game data including the DLCs is on the actual cart (they shipped the game on those expensive 32GB cartridges).

Guess I'll wait for a sale on this one since I still want it in my collection as it contains the base game with all the updates on top of it.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The cover isn't anything special, but what's more important is that dlc code. It should be included on the discs. I don't remember the same scummy practice when they released the nextgen version of The Witcher 3. In my case it's enough not to double dip and stick with the PS4 version.

Last edited:

Fbh

This really looses most of the appeal with not including Phantom Liberty on the disc.

Unless you specifically want this cover just pick up an existing physical copy for like $15 and then buy the DLC separately

Top Bottom