• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 will seemingly feature flying vehicles

Budi

never understood the wank fest Witcher 3 got. A middling RPG with poor combat and adult humour to cover up a thin story.

That being said I like my sci fi, so will look at reviews for this when it comes out, but certainly wont be day one purchase given the studios poor attempts at combat in Witcher series

How did those reviews work out for you with Witcher 3?

never understood the wank fest Witcher 3 got. A middling RPG with poor combat and adult humour to cover up a thin story.

68a.jpg

JBwB

CDPR really going all out with this title. Everything about the project sounds incredibly ambitious.

They clearly have the talent so I've no doubt they'll be able to create something special.

That being said I like my sci fi, so will look at reviews for this when it comes out, but certainly wont be day one purchase given the studios poor attempts at combat in Witcher series

Lmao this guy.

The Witcher 1 was not trash. Maybe you didn't like the Combat, doesn't mean others didn't enjoy it.

it's a great game but I think the combat was basura. terrible ass gameplay but very dope quests and writing and presentation.

i'm in the minority on gaf though where I think the next 2 games were fine on the combat front tho. CD Projekt da gawds.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Greatest studio in gaming wants to expand massively and build flying cars.

Sold, where do I pre-order....anything from them, I'm in day one.

Speely

Banned
it's a great game but I think the combat was basura. terrible ass gameplay but very dope quests and writing and presentation.

i'm in the minority on gaf though where I think the next 2 games were fine on the combat front tho. CD Projekt da gawds.

I am with you in thinking that TW2 and TW3 had pretty good combat gameplay. Given the scope of the games, it was at least far better than Skyrim combat, imo.

Most people agree with this. It wouldn't have sold near as many copies or won as many awards if everyone thought the combat was "trash". It's an extremely vocal minority on Internet forums

Mivey

I feel with Witcher 3 they fixed enough of Witcher 2's roll-fest to make it feel superior to 1. I mean, sure the gameplay of the first one was pretty much a rhythm game. You had to find a given rhythm for different sets of encounters, what combat style to use when, combined with signs. But within that unorthodox system, it had a lot of complexities. It's presentation was probably its worst sin, but if you are used to eurojank, that stops bothering you.

Still, I agree the games would never have become AAA with that kind of system. Doesn't make it bad or inferior in any sense for me though, just not popular.

It's a bit worrying that now they are searching someone to do the entire architecture for the driving system. I hoped the game development was more advanced at this stage.

Cyberpunk to release at Q4 2018 confirmed.

Definitely my most hyped game by a very, very wide margin. Can't really think of any other title that would make me more excited than this. Hmmm, maybe a sequel to Chrono Trigger/Cross, but that ain't ever happening so...

zdenko1

What exactly is this game anyway?

3rd Person? 1st Person?

RPG? Shooter? Strategy? Platformer?

What is it!?

All people seem so hyped about this BUT WHY!?

From what I remember it should be first person open world RPG.

One of the reasons people are hyped is that it's CD Projekt Red - probably best development studio. Another one is that it's fucking cyberpunk! After Prey 2 cancellation, there hasn't been many games in that setting. Shadowrun, Satellite Reign and few others but still not enough given the unique world.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this is old news. we've known this for a long time. it was even in the teaser trailer lol.

From what I remember it should be first person open world RPG.

i'm sure it's both 1st/3rd. more of a sandbox game and not open world. seemingly it'll just feature Night City which is so massive it might as well feel like a world of it's own I suppose.

Coreda

So what you're saying is, Cyberpunk 2078 will be great.

If one only assumes they will have unlearned everything they've built upon over 10 years, sure.

Remains to be seen how they'll handle an entirely new stylistic vision more than anything.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

3rd Person? 1st Person?

What is it!?

to me it feels like it's going to be a mix of baldur's gate, skyrim, witcher 3, and deus ex.

they are using baldur's gate as a sort of guide in how to translate a pen and paper game into a playable/enjoyable video game. the game is based on Cyberpunk 2020 just like Baldur's Gate is based on Dungeons & Dragons.

It'll be an open world/sandbox RPG with 1st/3rd person views and of course we'll have access to all sorts of weapons and cybernetic implants/enhancements for combat.

Exentryk

That first gameplay trailer that we'll see for this game is going to be amazing. I wonder E317 will be the time for it? Or is that too close to Gwent release?

Gusy

This is so exciting. What I want the most is for CDPR to replicate the joy of exploring/traversing an intricate and detailed world like they did in W3. I loved how the Witcher 3 told a story with its setting and how each place felt handcrafted and unique (with the exception of a few dungeons).

If they manage to bring that to a huge, vertical futuristic city, where you can see activity everywhere (flying cars,hoverboards, robots, people, etc.) and have full freedom of movement, its going to be a sight to behold.

Its also going to be a huge technical undertaking. I'm guessing the are going to need a new engine for this or seriously retool the Witcher 3 engine.

Lastly, the music. They have to nail the music and make it awesome. Ok going back to cryo-sleep. Wake me up again in 2019. ;)

Keasar

Drivable flying vehicles in a Bladerunner inspired cyberpunk world developed by the best RPG studio in the world?

tumblr_mo328pZ27X1qfwgd8o1_400.gif

3rd Person? 1st Person?

What is it!?

It's a new cyberpunk RPG made by the creators of The Witcher series, CD Project, set in a world inspired by movies like Bladerunner and delivered years ago one of the still best teaser trailers ever in gaming. Consider me hyped as balls for a project like that. I don't need to see gameplay or anything, I am just excited something like that is even made!

The game could end up being awful in the end, but I would be satisfied that they tried to do something cool and interesting.

The Witcher 1

They don't start series too well.

Considering the resources of the studio at the time it's an amazing achievement that The Witcher 1 turned out the way it did. Also let's not forget that the game reviewed very well with the press, they scored 81 with the initial release and 86 with the enhanced edition on metacritic.

Most people agree with this. It wouldn't have sold near as many copies or won as many awards if everyone thought the combat was "trash". It's an extremely vocal minority on Internet forums

Don't think the media or masses really care how good the combat in an rpg is as long as other aspects, such as world building, are well executed. Another example of this would be Skyrim, which also sold many copies and won many awards.

Maligna

Banned
For anyone with questions about this game, here is everything currently known. Which is probably way more than most people realize.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1196914

Also I bought Witcher 3 just to support CDPROJEKTRED because this is my most hyped game of all time. I didn't even play my copy.

This game is ahead of even Shenmue 3 for me, and I spent a ridiculous amount on that Kickstarter.

For anyone with questions about this game, here is everything currently known. Which is probably way more than most people realize.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1196914

Also I bought Witcher 3 just to support CDPROJEKTRED because this is my most hyped game of all time. I didn't even play my copy.

This game is ahead of even Shenmue 3 for me, and I spent a ridiculous amount on that Kickstarter.

What's wrong with you?

Maligna

Banned
What's wrong with you?

Okay that's a bit of a lie as I did put in about 2 hours. But then I was like, I don't want to be Geralt and I quit.

I'm not a fan of fantasy RPGs unless I can fully customize my character.

But I bought it fully realizing I would probably feel that way. I just wanted to help it succeed so Cyberpunk would be the best game it could be.

I can't wait for this game. The only sort of "negative" thing about this game seems to be the time when we'll be able to play it.
Although it doesn't feel rushed, which is a good sign. *looks at Ubisoft, Activision and EA*

Maligna

Banned
It's so obvious this will be coming out in 2020 to coincide with the name of the original RPG. I'd be willing to bet on it.

Whompa02

A middling RPG with poor combat and adult humour to cover up a thin story.

Can't have any of that ADULT HUMOR in my games.

I really really hope they play this as metal and grit/grime sci fi as they can get to be honest. Give me neon lights. Rain. Dank, Dark, wet environments. Smoke/Steam. Everything.

Just go wild.

Keasar

I mean, the combat in The Witcher 2 and 3 were no Dragons Dogma but I thought also it was fine and served its purpose.

Wasn't as bad as Dragon Age: Inquisition. :p

Top Bottom