• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cygames announces Project Awakening (high-end console game, probably PS4)

sense

If it's for PS4, why not say it's for PS4?

Sees odd to not mention the console -- unless they can't, because said console hasn't been formally announced yet...
I am sure publishers are allowed to mention "said console" as one of the platforms a game is in development for at this point. Dragon quest, Zelda, Sonic, Just dance etc...

jjonez18

Cygames. Never heard of them until today. Working on this and Granblue. I like their style. I gotta keep an eye on them.

Some Nobody

LOL @ "Shoot 'em up". That'd be depressing. I'm assuming this is an RPG but I guess I could be wrong--they don't specify what genre game this is.

Who is Cygames and why are they dropping all this hot fiyah today?

cygames is probably the most successful japanese game studio today.

http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-game-in-japan-youve-probably-never-heard-of-1731575881

cygames had a 1/50 scale of the granblue airship at last year's tgs. they also had a 1/1 scale anaimatronic built of the games mascot, vyrn.

what you are seeing today is cygames hosting their own event like blizzcon called cygames next. they're so successful that they won't be at tgs this year.

8RCpqMh.jpg

Are there any known people among those names?

WTF IS JUNJI TAGO DOING THERE? O_O

He's the technical director back at KojiPro (technical director - Fox Engine, system programmer for V and network programmer - MGO3). Worked on GOTP (joined the staff as they were expanding back during reveal, the "No place to hide" announcement trailer using Snake Eater models) and all the way with the team until GZ & TPP, completing V, December 2015.

I thought he was on board the team for DS. WTF. Probably joining later when they start to build a game engine for themselves, since they're using a 3RD party middleware for DS because of time constraints?

PLEASE BE SOME OTHER JUNJI TAGO

bunkitz

Looks interesting. I like the character's design. Those serpentine monster things look pretty cool, and the towers and misty area remind me of something but I can't quite remember what...

But man, I need more fantasy JRPG's in my life.

Durask

"Embrace disappointment and regret when the awakening arrives."

Um, I guess thanks for letting us know in advance.

DJIzana

If they're making this, I suspect Platinum's Granblue might have a limited budget.

Hmm.

What makes you say that it'll have a limited budget? They said only 10% of Granblue Fantasy is done and they want to add more characters and multiplayer (and have a single story campaign) AND that it'd be a large scale effort. This is according to what Gematsu translated, at least. They're pretty accurate normally.

I'll also add that thank to Cygames Next and this announcement too, Cygames is quickly jumping to my favorite devs list. Platinum Games is too.

Top Bottom