• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most wanted "Missing In Action" games

sublimit

Banned
By "MIA" i mean games that were announced ages ago,had some trailers or teasers but we still haven't seen (or heard) anything significant about them or games that have disappeared again (like Granblue Fantasy Relink).

My most wanted MIA games are:

Project Awakening by Cygames
top_ss_img_05_off.png

Announced back in 2016 and a gameplay trailer was shown in 2018.In Aug 2019 a potential demo version was registered (16+) with the European ratings board PEGI.

Granblue Fantasy Relink by Cygames
gwigwi.com-granblue-fantasy-untuk-menandai-hari-jadi-ke-7-dengan-streaming-langsung-khusus.png

Announced back in 2016 as well as a collaboration project between Platinum Games and Cygames. In February 2019 Platinum announced they were no longer working on the project. We have seen a lot of gameplay trailers and Cygames vaguely announced that it will come out sometime in 2022 but the game is still MIA.

Project Re Fantasy by Atlus
Project-Re-Fantasy.jpg

Also announced back in December 2016 we still know very little about it.

Edit:
Also
82fb615861de2b0ac77a1b84227666a3-1.jpg

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think beyond good and evil 2 looked really neat if they can pull it off. But i get the feeling that the most interesting part of it, the entirely open planets+solar system, has been removed a to cut costs and b because the scope likely ballooned way out of proportion

Last edited:
8DSWLwB.jpg

'90s Super GP. High thrill arcade racers are sadly in short supply in today's day and age, and this one looks like it would fill that void admirably. I've been so damn excited for this for a long time, but unfortunately, I feel like it's eventually going to get cancelled at this point.

Umbasaborne

Banned
By "MIA" i mean games that were announced ages ago,had some trailers or teasers but we still haven't seen (or heard) anything significant about them or games that have disappeared again (like Granblue Fantasy Relink).

top_ss_img_05_off.png

Announced back in 2016 and a gameplay trailer was shown in 2018.In Aug 2019 a potential demo version was registered (16+) with the European ratings board PEGI.

gwigwi.com-granblue-fantasy-untuk-menandai-hari-jadi-ke-7-dengan-streaming-langsung-khusus.png

Announced back in 2016 as well as a collaboration project between Platinum Games and Cygames. In February 2019 Platinum announced they were no longer working on the project. We have seen a lot of gameplay trailers and Cygames vaguely announced that it will come out sometime in 2022 but the game is still MIA.

Project-Re-Fantasy.jpg

Edit:
Also
December of this year it will be 4 years since bayo 3 was announced. Seems like this game has gone through some kind of special development hell

sR9CeUt.jpg

Where the fuck has Treasure been in the last decade? Their last game came out in 2014! Thankfully, awesome devs like Platinum and WayForward have taken up the mantle admirably, but the king of intense, balls to the wall action games has been MIA for way too long.

Do any of you know what's going on with them? Arguably the greatest cult developer of all time, and they're nowhere to be found. What gives?

JoeBudden

Whatever multiplayer game Guerilla has been working on for the last few years.

Real ones know how ahead of its time Killzone 2 multiplayer was (we're going to ignore 3 and Shadow Fall).

Last edited:

nush

sR9CeUt.jpg

Where the fuck has Treasure been in the last decade? Their last game came out in 2014! Thankfully, awesome devs like Platinum and WayForward have taken up the mantle admirably, but the king of intense, balls to the wall action games has been MIA for way too long.

Do any of you know what's going on with them? Arguably the greatest cult developer of all time, and they're nowhere to be found. What gives?

They don't exist as a development team any more, just a company on paper for licensing.

SpiceRacz

There's a supposed Turrican game coming out ever since Factor 5 got the rights for the IP, but so far we've only seen a re-release of the old games ...

Wasn't that confirmed to be cancelled ages ago?

I thought the director on the game said it wasn't cancelled after that rumor started circulating. I may be wrong though.

Shifty1897

I'd love to see an official announcement of the long rumored Fire Emblem 4 remake. It's been 2 years since Three Houses, give us a trailer or something!

Last edited:

Thabass

The MMO Titan from Blizzard. I know it's actually cancelled now, but I still would have loved to see that.

In retrospect, it probably would have helped Blizzard out more...maybe not.

SinDelta

top_ss_img_05_off.png

Project-Re-Fantasy.jpg

Edit:
Also
I second Grenblue Fantasy Relink, Project Re-Fantasy, Bayonetta 3 and a single player Skull and Bones.

Let me add -

Vanillawares next title. Very little known about it except they are going back to fantasy after 13 Sentinels.
Danjin44 Danjin44

Last edited:

Fbh

You pretty much named all my picks in the OP.
And seriously, where the fuck is Bayonetta 3?!?!?!

I never played those KuF games on Xbox OG. But it looked cool as a action-strategy game with soldiers and scorpions.

KuF II was announced for consoles but never happened. Turns out a PC version did come out in Korea!

Not only in Korea.
You can buy it on Steam, in english

Problem is, instead of the awesome single player Kingdom Under fire it should have been, they turned it into another grindy Korean MMO

Updates on the game are pretty sporadic. I know they had some funding issues a couple of years back, but from what I've read, it's still due to be released eventually.
I would imagine after all the heat the developers took on social media they are probably laying low.

Hope so anyway. Everything about that game looked awesome. No reason to let idiots that would never buy your game anyway distract you.

Edit:
Agent has to be cancelled at this point. I think the only reason anyone even remembers it at all was that it was planned as a PlayStation exclusive. Absolute vaporware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom