• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D23 Expo Japan -- Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater

DeSolos

Why? With the current acting we get the middle finger. A theater with an Embargo and no Live Stream for the general public.

Question: Are there any plans for further communication with fans online as a means of delivering news, such as through livestreaming (example: Final Fantasy's Letter to the Producer / Active Time Report) or the Message to the Kingdom blog?

Nomura: Unfortunately, that is not possible for us. The reason for this is because of the risks involved when we actually do livestreaming for Kingdom Hearts. While we are able to hold livestreams frequently for Final Fantasy, it is a much more different process with due consideration to Disney. Even participating in Square Enix Presents here at E3 is a very delicate situation due to the risk of revealing information accidentally.

http://www.kingdomheartsunion.com/features/2892/tetsuya-nomura-talks-with-us-about-kingdom-hearts-3/

I was lucky enough to be a part of this interview, and the translation was a lot more watered down(it's the translation the translator gave us) than Nomura's actual response. It was more along the lines of "Never!" *pause* and then he offered some further explanation.

I just don't like FFXV's promotion in general so I would hate if Kingdom Hearts went down the path of ATRs. Between the very underwhelming trailer (Dawn) and the ATRs where most of it is concept art and unfinished assets it just makes me less excited for the game. That and the sheer amount of Duscae pushing they did life-draining.

I enjoy that we don't really get much in terms of new KH3 footage until it's ready. I've come away from the last 3 KH3 trailers beyond excited and it feels like a more finished product than XV does right now.

raven777

So someone is tweeting no trailer for KH3, but there was trailer for 2.8

For KH3 they showed the new world and it seems like it was inside out

No KH3 footage >.>

wut

giphy.gif

Oh well, at least I'm following 20 more people on Twitter lol

NeatoKuni

Hype
Inside out would fit perfectly in a KH game. Fingers crossed for new footage of Aqua.

edit: I want to see heartbreak in this world, make me cry dammit. I also am curious if it'll take place in Riley's head or if they'll think of something out of the box.

RocBase

Didn't feel the love for Inside Out that everyone else did, so I'm still pushing away the idea of this being a world they bring in. I'm sure they would still make it tons of fun and look amazing, not to mention that there's potential of using the different Islands in the mind for different places to fight..I just thought the movie itself was okay and nothing great.

I'm really okay with whatever they choose haha

Yeah I didn't care too much for the movie itself either, but the concept behind it leaves a lot of possibilities and fun for Kingdom Hearts. Assuming of course all worlds will have a unique storyline and aren't rehashes of the movies themselves (BH6 was confirmed to be unique so Im assuming it'll be the same for all worlds)

Mortemis

Banned
Well, if the 2.8 trailer is good, I guess it's fine...

But I was hoping for more footage I could dissect frame by frame lol

Yeah, I was hoping for the same. It'll piss me off a bit that the "new footage" they talked about a few months back was a trailer for a game we didn't even know about instead of KH3, but it's still nice.

We're all still hoping for an Unchained X international release date amongst all the 2.8 and 3 news, right guys?
...Guys?

It'll be out in 2015
/2 days from now.

DKHF

I don't believe that there was no trailer/Inside Out was confirmed lol... Especially if the source is brand new Twitter accounts with no avatars.

I don't believe that there was no trailer/Inside Out was confirmed lol... Especially if the source is brand new Twitter accounts with no avatars.
Again, could just be throwaway accounts just in case they get taken down for leaking info. I'm just not getting any hopes up or trusting anything until I get some solid proof of it happening from a good source.

More active KH community members who were there keep hyping this reveal and it's annoying. "Gonna knock us off our feet". Yeah ok bud. Show me the goods!

Squire

Banned
http://www.kingdomheartsunion.com/features/2892/tetsuya-nomura-talks-with-us-about-kingdom-hearts-3/

I was lucky enough to be a part of this interview, and the translation was a lot more watered down(it's the translation the translator gave us) than Nomura's actual response. It was more along the lines of "Never!" *pause* and then he offered some further explanation.

I think people underestimate how much Disney is involved with KH in general. It's becoming more clear with this being the biggest game in the series in a literal decade and being back on console.

ConsoleS, at that.

Risev1

Wasn't there another event just a couple of months ago where people were very sure they were going to reveal a new trailer, and they only ended up revealing a new world as well? Now that I think about it, which world did they reveal back then?

kirblar

Wasn't there another event just a couple of months ago where people were very sure they were going to reveal a new trailer, and they only ended up revealing a new world as well? Now that I think about it, which world did they reveal back then?
Big Hero 6.

Wanderer5

I guessing you mean D23, which the Big Hero 6 world was reveal.

BH6

And no one expected nothing.

This one was mentioned by Nomura since the beginning of the year.

That was the D23 Expo that took place back in August and was in California. They revealed the world for
Big Hero 6.

This one is D23 in Japan, where we were told we would get more news.

Risev1

BH6

And no one expected nothing.

This one was mentioned by Nomura since the beginning of the year.

No one expected nothing? So, you're saying that people were expecting something then.

I kid I kid

But I see. Seems like we've good reason to believe (or have believed) that something more was to be revealed in this show, so here's hoping.

Famassu

This event was said to have new footage like almost a year ago. This showing has been in the planning for a long time, kind of hard to imagine they'd show nothing of KHIII, so I'm hoping those Twitter feeds saying they didn't show KHIII are just trolls.

No one expected nothing? So, you're saying that people were expecting something then.

I kid I kid

But I see. Seems like we've good reason to believe (or have believed) that something more was to be revealed in this show, so here's hoping.

There are fans posting things like "I was crying" and "I became very emotional".

Unless they are talking about people playing the Piano on stage, I'm pretty sure there's more =X

Aizo

Banned
There are fans posting things like "I was crying" and "I became very emotional".

Unless they are talking about people playing the Piano on stage, I'm pretty sure there's more =X
They were beaten and threatened not to say anything to anyone until 17:00. I would be emotional, too.

Top Bottom