• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D23 Expo Japan -- Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater

Square about to reveal Lea x Isa OTP along with Jar Jar Binks replacing Goofy and Squirrel Girl replacing Donald.

It's a great time to be alive.

Fan: After watching that Theater it's like I don't even have time to touch other games anymore. I love KH so much!

I'm gonna keep posting this shit >.>

I'm just setting us all up for disappointment.

(thanks @tokyofog for these translations).

Hedge

I don't understand why these "hidden" events are necessary, when they could just stream it directly. Gamejournalists are an odd link in between.

duckroll

Damn. KH Pixar film would be possible.

Legally possible, creatively implausible. If there is ever a serious attempt to make a KH movie, from Disney's side, I think it is more likely to come from Disney Animation Studios, like Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6, rather than Pixar, who traditionally only creates their own original concepts. If the attempt is proposed from the Square Enix side, then it would likely be Visualworks making it, if Disney is willing to proceed.

Tabris

It's such a shame that the FF part of kingdom hearts has been so deemphasized lately.

Kh used to always be Disney x FF for me.

Aizo

Banned
If anyone reading this has me on Line, message me updates when they finally come out. My shift starts soon.

Hachitora

It's such a shame that the FF part of kingdom hearts has been so deemphasized lately.

I've been hoping that after the Xehanort saga, the series will focus more on the FF side. We could really use more FF characters (and music remixes).

Kain could be a fun character, especially with Riku there as a comparison

Falk

that puzzling face

I think it's also a function of many/most of the FF characters being tied to Radiant Garden and Destiny Islands, which haven't seen much action since KH2 (Okay, well, and BBS where Radiant Garden was basically Merlin and Pooh and then Org XIII dudes, heh)

tbf, I'd be totally okay with less FF if it meant more stuff like TWEWY.

Also, there's a Japanese twitter account called sorrynomura posting some weird stuff...

Cloyster

Banned
Inside Out? Eeeeeeeeeuuuugh. The films fantastic, I don't know how much it suits a KH world though.

It absolutely does. There is so much imaginative set design in that movie, and they could potentially do something really creative if they make it ABOUT Sora's own head, but still use the Inside Out characters.

inside_out_kingdom_hearts_by_sajojo-d8z107h.png

ash_ag

I honestly feel like this is the first one where we'll get a FF world.

I really doubt it. Final Fantasy worlds and characters don't exist in the same way Disney ones do. Characters are essentially reworked into original KH characters who simply share designs and traits with their inspiration. That is to say, KH Tidus isn't like, say, KH Hercules. The former is roughly based on Tidus, but is in fact a Destiny Islands resident with a really different history from FF Tidus (like being childhood friends with Sora, Selphie and Waka). Meanwhile, KH Hercules is in fact Disney Hercules, the only difference being the effect KH events had on his history.

While a new original KH world could appear and be the homeworld to new FF-based characters, a world directly off Final Fantasy would be kind of inconsistent. Why would Lightning or Noctis not be reworked into original KH characters when everyone else was?

I really doubt it. Final Fantasy worlds and characters don't exist in the same way Disney ones do. Characters are essentially reworked into original KH characters who simply share designs and traits with their inspiration. That is to say, KH Tidus isn't like, say, KH Hercules. The former is roughly based on Tidus, but is in fact a Destiny Islands resident with a really different history from FF Tidus (like being childhood friends with Sora, Selphie and Waka). Meanwhile, KH Hercules is in fact Disney Hercules, the only difference being the effect KH events had on his history.

While a new original KH world could appear and be the homeworld to new FF-based characters, a world directly off Final Fantasy would be kind of inconsistent. Why would Lightning or Noctis not be reworked into original KH characters when everyone else was?
To be fair, TWEWY sort of broke the streak with the characters being the exact same characters from the original game. It is kind of funny that TWEWY is in the same multiverse.

Famassu

I've been hoping that after the Xehanort saga, the series will focus more on the FF side. We could really use more FF characters (and music remixes).

Kain could be a fun character, especially with Riku there as a comparison
Nomura isn't super comfortable using FF characters other than the ones he's designed, so I would suggest not really anticipating characters like Kain to appear in KH. That's just you setting yourself up for disappointment. Not that it's completely impossible (I mean, we did get Setzer and Vivi), just that it's somewhat unlikely.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nomura isn't super comfortable using FF characters other than the ones he's been involved with, so I would suggest not really anticipating characters like Kain to appear in KH. Not that it's completely impossible, just that it's somewhat unlikely.

I mean, in the end we did get Vivi, so...

Top Bottom