• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) full trailer from the JP Nintendo Direct

Tizoc

OK that english text is really good, almost hints at a possible localization :p
GIMME DAT ANNOUNCEMENT DURING E3!

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaait, I got it! IT ALL TAKES PLACE IN CHINATOWN IN THE UK!

What is this? Some olden days Ace Attorney? Looks great.

I'll take Ace Attorney in pretty much any setting honestly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is this? Some olden days Ace Attorney? Looks great.

I'll take Ace Attorney in pretty much any setting honestly.

19th century (which makes this... Meiji?) crossover with Sherlock Holmes, I think.

Chaos17

PLEASE LOCALIZE IT ASAP!!

uEhG49w.gif

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
OK that english text is really good, almost hints at a possible localization :p
GIMME DAT ANNOUNCEMENT DURING E3!

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaait, I got it! IT ALL TAKES PLACE IN CHINATOWN IN THE UK!

For the USA they could always localize it as an alternate history Los Angeles.

Bam, no problem.

Nibel

This looks so much better than the previous one; I really hope we get this, even if it is a digital-only version with subs.

Hopeford

I'm almost afraid to look at the trailer because I don't want to be too crushed if it doesn't get brought over.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is baseless speculation, but given the time period, I get the impression that Dracula Edgeworth might be loosely inspired by the Count of Monte Cristo, which predates Sherlock Holmes by a scant few decades.

Neol

God this looks so good. I'm digging the idea of this jury system.

Where's my western announcement?

Miker

I'll buy it full price day one, then Capcom will release a cheaper, probably better HD iPad version down the line.

injurai

Banned
For the USA they could always localize it as an alternate history Los Angeles.

Bam, no problem.

Doesn't this take place in London? The fact that a Japanese attorney is getting work in London sort of feeds into an early Japanese influence in the west which would then explain the Japanomerica that exists in the series.

Please localise this CAPCOM!!! Although I wonder how they will call Phoenix' ancestor... Wright would just not fit with that guy.

Vaddon

God damn this looks terrific and I really enjoyed the last one. That prosecutor design, wow. Really hope this comes over sooner rather than later!

kcp12304

Banned
That's a very smart and cool way to introduce the jury system. It seems like a nice excuse to fit more of your quintessential ace attorney type characters into the game and the court room sequences.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
God damn this looks terrific and I really enjoyed the last one. That prosecutor design, wow. Really hope this comes over sooner rather than later!

The game looks way too good for the 3DS, it looks like the iOS version, but of course Capcom are wizards at pushing the 3DS to its limits.

wiibomb

Isn't this an Ace Attorney game? I mean, why not put that in the title, accidentally clicked and saw it was one of the series

MrBadger

Damn, this looks absolutely incredible. Praying this gets localised because I really enjoyed Layton VS Wright and a continuation of the concept with DD quality models and
hopefully no issues with the script
has the potential to be the best Ace Attorney game ever.

FluxWaveZ

Yep, game looks amazing.

It's a real shame that I have to be unsure about the status of this game's localization.

Also, Ryunosuke rocking the Phoenix failure pose:
phoenix-emo.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It is actually shocking how much better the visuals and in particular the animation looks when compared to Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

Smellycat

YES

The jury system from PL vs. AA is back, and it looks like they tweaked it. I loved that part in the crossover game, so hopefully this will bring exciting changes to the series.

Fisico

Damn Takumi really liked what he's done with Level 5, british setting, giving a sword to everyone, orchestral music, multiple witness system even visually it's much closer to Layton vs AA than Ace Attorney 5... and I don't mind at all, it looks awesome.

Now if Capcom could release it, and in a cartridge...

Dugna

...why would they have to make this into something it's not for the localization? I mean I don't think Phoenix was ever specified as not Japanese or Japanese-american. They could easily just translate this almost word for word and be fine, I mean most of this is supposed to take place in the UK correct?

Also game looks freaking great, hopefully DD sold enough to warrant a physical version for this in the west.

Top Bottom