• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) full trailer from the JP Nintendo Direct

ohlawd

cARPPJg.gif

kyaa, Vergil-sama

My feeling is that we'll get a press release announcement around E3.

Or they might wait until the game is out and see the Japanese sales before they announce anything.

Sakura

I've played the first couple Phoenix Wright games, but was never really that into them. This trailer though has got me excited for the new game, it looks really good.

Hopeford

Also as an aside I don't fully understand why Sherlock Holmes is the only character in that trailer who seems to want to pose as much as a Jojo character, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Mistle

Wow i somehow missed this thread. game looks great! the graphics being rendered out in HD for the trailer is a tease though :p thankfully AA5 looked great at 3DS res so this will also.

Lusankya

Game looks outstanding. Really hoping for a localization.

Have we heard anything concrete about worldwide sales for DD? I know it sold as projected in Japan but I haven't heard anything about anything else.

It also sold as projected world wide. And back then Sven convinced the higher ups to allow a localization because he did a rather aggressive sales forecast.

Lusankya

Animation. DD did have some eye-popping character models, I'll give it that, but it stuck very hard to the GBA-style transitioning and posing. DGS looks to have much smoother animation overall and is doing more interesting things with the camera. (That said, even DGS seems to have caught the nobody-breathes bug DD had.)

Although I hope the frame rate will be much more stable compared to what we saw in PLvAA. There it stuttered every time you saw more than one or two characters at once.

Also as an aside I don't fully understand why Sherlock Holmes is the only character in that trailer who seems to want to pose as much as a Jojo character, but I'm certainly not complaining.

I can't help but see a resemblance to Caesar Zeppeli. Need a crossover fanart of THAT pose with Joseph...

Etria

Can't stop listening to the music on the website :p

I hope we get a physical version.
Please, Capcom...

Yarbskoo

That's certainly not being rendered at the native res of the 3DS. I wonder if those are even in game assets.

God I hope we get this localized.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The animation is so good!

Although I hope the frame rate will be much more stable compared to what we saw in PLvAA. There it stuttered every time you saw more than one or two characters at once.

PLvAA was done by Level 5 using the engine used for their Layton games, how that was optimized will have nothing to do with this.

Blackage

I would sacrifice all who post in this thread for this to be localized, it's going to be a much harder sell I think, hell they even made it a point to put PHOENIX WRIGHT in AA5 to emphasis he was in the game, and we never got Investigations 2. ;(

Keasar

Looks absolutely great though I can't get over that Watson.

Has a PhD, is the author of the Sherlock Holmes books; She is 8 fucking years old.

I'm sorry, Japan, I know you have a fascination with little girls but this is fucking ridicolous. Make her 15, 16, 18, anything that doesn't imply that she just learned object permanence before attending fucking University!

Raitaro

I'm confused. I thought this game was taking place in ancient Japan?

This seems cool as well, but after the Layton games, The Order and Bloodborne I am quickly burning out on Victorian / Edwardian England as a setting to be honest.

That said, the art, animation and new jury system look very promising. The Sherlock inspiration also seems interesting.

Having this more Western friendly setting will probably increase the chances for getting a localised version (without too many changes!), so that's good as well.

The fact that Capcom did translate the beginning makes me think this will get English sub option (I really hope!)
Edit: Multiple witnesses is back I guess!

Edit: Westernization will be hard making all the Japanese themes Americanized.

I'm confused. I thought this game was taking place in ancient Japan?

That was the initial concept when the game barely had any screens released. By the next batch of information Holmes was already announced and it was said that only the first case will be in Japan.

Anyway this game looks incredible, and I'm feeling a lot of PW vs Layton in it, especially in the jury system and their character design. I love it!

As a fan of the Ace Attorney series....THIS LOOKS AMAZING. Love the animations and the characters. The setting too!
Please release it worldwide :(

Raitaro

That was the initial concept when the game barely had any screens released. By the next batch of information Holmes was already announced and it was said that only the first case will be in Japan.

Anyway this game looks incredible, and I'm feeling a lot of PW vs Layton in it, especially in the jury system and their character design. I love it!

Cheers - missed that second batch apparently.

I agree that the game looks great.

Tizoc

The fact that Capcom did translate the beginning makes me think this will get English sub option (I really hope!)
Edit: Multiple witnesses is back I guess!

Edit: Westernization will be hard making all the Japanese themes Americanized.

The protag is said to be a transfer student. They could always either make him be fascinated by Japan or be of Japanese ancestry; they did such a thing in AA5.

Top Bottom