• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) full trailer from the JP Nintendo Direct

Lusankya

Uploaded the three full songs from the website to YouTube, if anyone's interested: 1, 2, 3.

Very nice tracks. They surely remind me of the fantastic PLvAA OST.

First video could be the DGS version of Announce the Truth.
Second video maybe Logic & Trick.
Third video should be Cross-Examination ~ Moderato. I am really looking forward to the Allegro version.

give-it-to-me-now.gif

Why would they need to significantly alter the scenario for localization? A story about a Japanese exchange student in England should be perfectly digestible for Western audiences. It's not like any of these characters already have established backgrounds they need to shoehorn in.

Lusankya

Come on, Capcom! We need a localization, you can do it!

KR1Olk.gif

FluxWaveZ

So is this supposed to be the 6th mainline game in the Ace Attorney series?

Mainline 1 = Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Mainline 2 = Justice For All
Mainline 3 = Trials and Tribulations
Mainline 4 = Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Mainline 5 = Dual Destinies

Spin-off 1 = Ace Attorney Investigations
Spin-off 2 = Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Crossover spin-off 1 = Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

Mainline + spin-off mix = Dai Gyakuten Saiban

This is not Ace Attorney 6; that will be another game, as mainline 6.

Like a spin off series to Ace Attorney?

I think it's more a sub-series instead of a pure spinoff. There are differences such as the new joint reasoning mechanic and jury system but it seems to have the same core gameplay as the main series. It also takes place in the same universe as the main games, just in the 1800s (I think).

GSR

Very nice tracks. They surely remind me of the fantastic PLvAA OST.

First video could be the DGS version of Announce the Truth.
Second video maybe Logic & Trick.
Third video should be Cross-Examination ~ Moderato. I am really looking forward to the Allegro version.

First one isn't known, but the second and third have metadata indicating they're the theme of the restaurant the first case takes place in and Cross-Examination ~ Moderato, respectively. (The flourish that plays on the story page is also labeled as the game's "Jingle".)

I'd love to see a gameplay video of case two's trial, so we can figure out if they're pulling a PLvsPW and having a different OST for the England cases.

Mivey

Maybe they could acknowledge the clearly japanese elements here for what they are, and in the ending put in a few words that they are moving to America, thus tying it in with the main series stupid localisation story.

vareon

I feel like these characters are better suited in PLvsAA, lol. Still hard to wrap around the game establishing Layton and Phoenix live in the same time.

Anyway, can't wait. Pretty sure we'll have a translation sometime.

Lusankya

Did exploration come back?

We haven't seen too much out of court gameplay yet, so we don't know. I guess with "exploration" you mean being able to go to each and every location and click on everything, even if it's not related to the investigation.

Bar81

I've done my part Capcom (bought the suped up LE). Now localize a physical copy in NA you asshats.

GSR

We haven't seen too much out of court gameplay yet, so we don't know. I guess with "exploration" you mean being able to go to each and every location and click on everything, even if it's not related to the investigation.

There's a really brief shot of investigation gameplay near the end of the trailer, examining one of the rooms in case 2's steamship (where the TGS demo is set) but there's been no indication if they're limiting where you can explore like AA5.

GSR

The theme playing on the main website appears to be the Objection theme for the game. Quite good!

That's actually the one track on the website that doesn't have a title in the metadata, so we don't know what it is. It sounds good, though!

(For what it's worth, I still think the music from the first teaser could be the Objection theme - during the TGS gameplay, we heard it pop up when Ryuunosuke contradicted Holmes. But it could've just been a placeholder!)

Lusankya

The theme playing on the main website appears to be the Objection theme for the game. Quite good!

If so, I'm more than ready for this game. Let's rock, baby.

Makes me sad that international websites don't get the same cool looks as the Japanese ones do.

Hmm, seems to be too dark and evil to be the Objection theme.
The objection theme is usually very optimistic. I agree with GSR that the trailer probably featured the real (or a placeholder version) theme.44

Darn, the videos got taken down. I didn't get a chance to listen. =(

You can still listen to them on the official web site. One is played in the main menu, the other two in the Story 1 section.

Nyoro SF

Darn, the videos got taken down. I didn't get a chance to listen. =(

Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Cross Examination 2015 Moderato

Hmm, seems to be too dark and evil to be the Objection theme.
The objection theme is usually very optimistic. I agree with GSR that the trailer probably featured the real (or a placeholder version) theme.

I mean, you can hear the theme of the Objection theme from AA1 inside of it.
Wait, are we listening to the same song? lol it sounds quite optimistic and grand to me.

Lusankya

I mean, you can hear the theme of the Objection theme from AA1 inside of it.
Wait, are we listening to the same song? lol it sounds quite optimistic and grand to me.
I refer to the track that plays on the web site. Especially the beginning fits a rather unpleasant and dramatic twist, but not something good. It's more like the Tell the Truth themes.

Pachimari

So are the Ace Attorney games getting better after Phoenix Wright 1?

I have found, that I can just "Hold It" at every line, and guess my way through.

Lusankya

So are the Ace Attorney games getting better after Phoenix Wright 1?

I have found, that I can just "Hold It" at every line, and guess my way through.

Well, some are a little bit better some are a little bit worse. Overall the series consists only of quality games.

You're actually supposed (or at least encouraged) to press every single statement, so that's nothing unusual. Also usually you can deduce what to do and don't have to guess bar some very rare occasions where the designers used some weird "Logic".

Well, some are a little bit better some are a little bit worse. Overall the series consists only of quality games.

You're actually supposed (or at least encouraged) to press every single statement, so that's nothing unusual. Also usually you can deduce what to do and don't have to guess bar some very rare occasions where the designers used some weird "Logic".

Some of the best lines are in the pressed dialogues, too!

Nyoro SF

Some of the best lines are in the pressed dialogues, too!

I agree, but I also like how in a few cases pressing too hard would get you a penalty.

That should definitely make a comeback in certain questionings (definitely not all) where Pressing should become a more focused affair.

Also there should be special unlocks if you beat a case without resetting your game or saving in the middle of a case. :p

Pachimari

I'm at Case 3 with the movie star and I'm enjoying it somewhat. I wonder how many cases there are.

I plan to complete the trilogy, and then buy Apollo Justice for DS and after that I'll do Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (there's only one Investigations in the West right?).

If no new Ace Attorney games have come out by then, then I'll do one of two Professor Layton games and then end if with the Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright title I have on my shelve.

Salsa

I'm at Case 3 with the movie star and I'm enjoying it somewhat. I wonder how many cases there are.

I plan to complete the trilogy, and then buy Apollo Justice for DS and after that I'll do Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (there's only one Investigations in the West right?).

If no new Ace Attorney games have come out by then, then I'll do one of two Professor Layton games and then end if with the Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright title I have on my shelve.

there's a completed fan translation of the second Miles Edgeworth

it's worth importing as it is way better than the first and one of the best games of the series

Pachimari

there's a completed fan translation of the second Miles Edgeworth

it's worth importing as it is way better than the first and one of the best games of the series

But don't I need a Nintendo DS console on an older firmware?
I have no idea how to do all of that stuff.

Salsa

But don't I need a Nintendo DS console on an older firmware?
I have no idea how to do all of that stuff.

well, there's ways. you could dump a rom and play on an emulator or get one if you own the original game and feel good about it, get a DS flashcart (that also works on 3DS) etc.

it's a bit tricky but you can google it. You might be able to find the game for not that much and i'd advise to buy it so we don't get screwed by capcom again :x

Is it really so great? I've read comments like this a few times but I was super bummed out by Investigations 1. Felt like the weakest entry in the series by far.

hard to pinpoint why but the cases are all great and flow into each other in a great way. I also really enjoyed Investigations 1 tho.

Lusankya

There are 5 cases overall and cases 4 and 5 are by far the best cases in AA1.

Is it really so great? I've read comments like this a few times but I was super bummed out by Investigations 1. Felt like the weakest entry in the series by far.

Yes, it really is that good. Like AA1 and AA3 level good.

Pachimari

well, there's ways. you could dump a rom and play on an emulator or get one if you own the original game and feel good about it, get a DS flashcart (that also works on 3DS) etc.

it's a bit tricky but you can google it. You might be able to find the game for not that much and i'd advise to buy it so we don't get screwed by capcom again :x

hard to pinpoint why but the cases are all great and flow into each other in a great way. I also really enjoyed Investigations 1 tho.

Yeah I have a flashcard, but I want to buy the original game, as I'm quite a collector as well. So I can just patch in the translation on the original game?

In regards to R4i-gold SDHC pro or whatever its called, is there a way to auto-boot into a game instead of going to a menu? I think it would be cool, if you hook a flash card to just 1 game (in my case it would be Miles Edgeworth 2 translated).

Pachimari

In regards to R4i-gold SDHC pro or whatever its called, is there a way to auto-boot into a game instead of going to a menu? I think it would be cool, if you hook a flash card to just 1 game (in my case it would be Miles Edgeworth 2 translated).
That would actually be a great idea!

I'm currently in Case 3 of Ace Attorney 1 and what a drag it have become..

Top Bottom