• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas Mayor Says He’s More Fearful Of Armed White Men Than Syrian Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
How did this man become mayor of Dallas? Is Dallas weirdly progressive or something ?

texan cities are all pretty blue, mainly because of the large minority populations. whites tend to be concentrated in the wealthier suburbs and poor rural areas, which tend to be red.

dallas isn't super progressive but it's tolerable. we also have a large gay population and lots of first-generation immigrants from basically everywhere you can imagine, it's a pretty well-mixed melting pot.

I got distracted by people's confusion on the usage of 'welp', but yeah, I agree with the Dallas Mayor. I'm more afraid of other white people than any other contingent. Well, afraid probably isn't the right word, because I don't really live with the fear of being harmed. But I am more likely to be hurt by another white person than a minority, and I find people's fear of Syrian Refugees to be irrational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom