• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas school police tased 7 year old, and then body slammed 12 year old the next day

Malyse

Yosio Lopez, a 7-year-old student with special needs, was reportedly handcuffed and tasered by police while at school last Tuesday. According to CNN, police officers were called when Lopez, who suffers from both ADHD and another mood disorder, was banging his head against a wall in class. A trained aide is usually on hand for these incidents, but was not present during the incident. April Obin, Lopez’s mother, was called for assistance, but police intervened before she arrived. Officers restrained Lopez on a desk and cuffed his arms while the school’s principal choked him with her elbow, seemingly in an attempt to restrain him. He was later taken to a mental health facility, where he was kept for almost a week, without his mother’s permission.

Amar Dhillon, an attorney for Lopez family, said officers restraining Lopez beat him with a baton, leaving the child bruised. Dhillon also said officers used a taser to subdue Lopez.

“[They] handcuffed the child and took him away,” Dhillon told CBS, going on to detail Lopez’s account of the incident. “The boy did vividly describe being shocked and his body convulsing,” Dhillon said. “He was very clear about that.”

[A] Dallas ISD police officer body slammed 12-year-old Mariana Valdez at Piedmont G.L.O.B.A.L. Academy. Valdez was reportedly in a fight with another student at the time when the officer grabbed and slammed the child on the ground, in a moment caught on video. According to Valdez, he then pepper sprayed her.

“The officer came and grabbed me and body slammed me then put the pepper spray,” Valdez told NBC. “He pepper sprayed me in the eyes and I couldn’t open my eyes because it was burning me, the eyes so then they took us to the nurse to put water.”
Valdez, who returned to school after a three-day suspension, wound up in the hospital with a clavicle fracture. NBC reported that Valdez’s family says the officer caused the fracture, not the initial fight.

https://thinkprogress.org/dallas-police-schools-violence-kids-fd6cd565a8c0

Why woulld you handcuff and taser a 7 year old? Surely an officer can handle that.

Well at least they were young enough for excessive force, anything past 12 years old and they would have gotten 3 hot ones shot into them.

7 and 12 years old. Not even kids can catch a break from those thugs. They probably won't even get a slap on the wrist for this, but please surprise me Dallas and get those fuckers fired and prosecuted.

Seriously though when is it gonna stop these officers should be fired for beating and injuring children but everyone knows the entire institution of policing will come out and defend this bs.

School fights with police are always the worst.

They just always ended up grabbing someone at the wrong time, and the other person was able to get free shots in. Always sent the person being restrained into a rage.

These guys think their so big beatin on kids

ResoRai

Of course it was their police and of course he thought the appropriate solution was to beat and tase. 7 year old kid at that.

And a grown man boddyslamming a 12 year old girl. That's like something out of a movie.

Beat, tase, body slam. Jesus Christ.

Why are police even there for a 7 year old?
Well he was causing himself Bodily harm. Is it normal for them to be called up there in that case?

Tahnit

Banned
Anything less than the termination and incarceration of these officers is completely unacceptable. You do not do that shit to children.

Protein

Banned
"You weren't there."

"You don't know what it's like to be a cop."

"Kids are vicious these days."

"Gotta keep these wetbacks in line."

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Of course it was their police and of course he thought the appropriate solution was to beat and tase. 7 year old kid at that.

And a grown man boddyslamming a 12 year old girl. That's like something out of a movie.

Beat, tase, body slam. Jesus Christ.

Well he was causing himself Bodily harm. Is it normal for them to be called up there in that case?

It's not normal in civilised countries

About a 1 in 400 chance of death according to the Justice Department. An unconscionable number when being deployed on a fuck child.

XO0VJ5A.jpg

america.jpg

DavidDesu

They're fucking brown shirts with "orders" these people would be the ones throwing you in an oven. They live for that shit.

Genuinely frightening how true this is. We wonder how the holocaust happened. It's because of fucks like this and an environment fostered where they think it's ok for them to do what the fuck they like, no matter how fucking batshit crazy their own behaviour actually is when you look at it from any sane persons point of view.

Unfucking believable. America seems like some dystopian fantasy land now, I cannot fathom how it escalated to this point so quickly. Yeah I know it's been shit for a while but holy fuck, this whole Trump thing has ballooned the amount of stupidity and frankly villainy coming out of the states.

akira28

Do they ask school officers "this is very important. are you prepared to defend yourself against a child?" And most people say no.

I wonder if he's the kind of person who complains if you can't kill kids in a game.

Please keep this jerk away from Little Lamplight

Top Bottom