• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas school police tased 7 year old, and then body slammed 12 year old the next day

He was later taken to a mental health facility, where he was kept for almost a week, without his mother's permission.

And they were able to hold him there against his mother's wishes for that long?

Jesus. How is that even legal?

Valdez, who returned to school after a three-day suspension, wound up in the hospital with a clavicle fracture. NBC reported that Valdez’s family says the officer caused the fracture, not the initial fight.
Wait, what? Did they suspend the kid for getting pepper sprayed by an adult?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You should be thanking those heroic police officers, because when that kid turns around its actually
the-omen.jpg

At least I assume so, otherwise why would you handcuff a 7 year old >_>

The police are the friends of fucking nobody. Regular cops are a bunch of losers with self esteem issues projecting their insecurities on other people's lives through invasion and abuse.

And they were able to hold him there against his mother's wishes for that long?

Jesus. How is that even legal?
Looking briefly at Florida laws for involuntarily admission of minors, without consent from the parent/guardian, treatment can only be administered through a court order. I'm no lawyer, and Texas of course has different legislation, but it's not hard to imagine how.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Grown-ass adults can't handle a 7yo. Oh my days.

Comforting to know that almost all the adults involved were either so weak as to not be able to safely restrain children or so eager as to use their unnecessary deterrents.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's not uncommon to have a officer at schools, in theory it's for the protection of the students rather than stuff like this.

I understand his confusion. I've only ever seen campus cops at colleges, but I don't have kids.

It's not uncommon to have a officer at schools, in theory it's for the protection of the students rather than stuff like this.
I get that but since I'm not American, the notion of needing police officers or security in a school is really bizarre to me. Because this really is not normal.

Edit: but maybe there are schools here with some sort of security, I don't know. Don't think I went to a particularly bad school, so I wouldn't know.

I understand his confusion. I've only ever seen campus cops at colleges, but I don't have kids.
Yeah, I can see it being a age thing. I was in middle school during the early to mid '00s, and that's where I first started seeing them. I never really saw them do anything until there was a active shooter in the general area and they locked down the school.

WTF, if police did that to my child I'd likely be in jail for assaulting an officer. You know it's messed up when a transformers kid movie becomes reality.

2819155742_b3fc53224d.jpg

Top Bottom