• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn,my old Wii broke,Get a new Wii....and my Download?

dovella

My old Wii had a problem with the optical drive. I tried to make it repaired from Nintendo, but they wanted 174 €, so I preferred to buy a new one, in order to not get lost all Wii games I had bought via retail stores and via WiiWare. So, I've bought my new Wii today.

Back to home, I've set up the console, placed my credentials used on the old console, and I've discovered that my games acquired via digital delivering got lost.

"The Wii Shop Channel Account is tied to your specific hardware which contains the licenses for your downloaded games, and your account transaction history."

So I should buy them again, like I've never had the games before!

I've phoned Nintendo, in order to solve the situation positively, and the operator gives me a hope. I should call or send an e-mail to Nintendo telling them the old console serial number, the new console serial number, info about my account and then send via ordinary mail the receipt of the new console I've bought.

I've told at the operator that find the old console serial number is almost impossibile, given that I'd already thrown away the broken Wii. I should try to find the mail I'd sent when I'd opened the old Wii's RMA to Nintendo, and hope for the best.

This has happened to me, here in Italy. In USA is it the same thing, or does Nintendo allow the customer to download again previously purchased games via WiiWare in order to put them in a new Wii?

Thanks.

Osuwari

hm... open both wiis and swap disc drives?

seriously, call them and ask about transferring your account from the old one to the new one. tell them you'll give them the serial number of both of them to do it. i was in a very similar situation and with that i got my shop account in my newer wii.

dovella

Osuwari said:

seriously, call them and ask about transferring your account from the old one to the new one. tell them you'll give them the serial number of both of them to do it. i was in a very similar situation and with that i got my shop account in my newer wii.

Im a PC Gamers, and via Steam D2D Impulse , Games For Windows
I can download always my Games.

Only Nintendo creates a huge inconvenience , I do not want to pay back my games. I already paid

(excuse me my english im Italian)

stuminus3

Banned
dovella said:
I've told at the operator that find the old console serial number is almost impossibile, given that I'd already thrown away the broken Wii.
Osuwari said:

>.<

Yes, this is the way Nintendo seem to do things across the world, and it's the most retarded thing they've ever done. What's worse is that they still tie the purchases to the system on DSi...

What's even worse is that you can already tie your nintendo.com account to your console... so why couldn't they just let you use those credentials to log in on your console like XBL and PSN?

Grr, I say.

Somnid

Does Italy have Club Nintendo? If you registered your console it should be there.

There's an insert in the US package with big bold letters telling you any non-Nintendo repairs and swaps may render your data unusable. They would make you go through the same process to get it back.

dovella

Yes,

i buy 20-25 title

3358doh.jpg

Somnid

dovella said:
Yes,

i buy 20-25 title

If it's anything like the US Club Nintendo your Wii's old serial number will be listed somewhere on the website assuming you registered the console (note: this is not the same as pairing it with the Shop Channel).

ITA84

Nintendo's customer care extraordinary, but only in the USA; in Japan it's not exceptional, but it's good enough. Nintendo of Europe leaves a lot to be desired.

174&#8364; for repairs is a scam anyway.

°°ToMmY°° said:
oh shit you're THAT dovella? :lol :lol

Who else would use an avatar like that?

dovella

Somnid said:
If it's anything like the US Club Nintendo your Wii's old serial number will be listed somewhere on the website.

Yes the site is equal Club Nintendo.

I do not understand why I can not download the titles that I've already paid.
i have one login and one pasword
and this should be enough to offer me a new download

Somnid

dovella said:
Yes the site is equal Club Nintendo.

I do not understand why I can not download the titles that I've already paid.
i have one login and one pasword
and this should be enough to offer me a new download

Confusing, I know. Nintendo needs the old number to check their own records and find the games you purchased from your old Wii, they then use the new number to transfer them to your new Wii.

Club Nintendo isn't a digital shop record, it's for your convience to keep track of games (and so Nintendo can do some research on buying habits).

Osuwari

i live in panama, a country that has zero nintendo support and i still got my account moved by calling NOA.

since you already threw the old wii away, you're fucked up on that strategy anyway (i missed that part of the OP)

dovella

NOOOO

9asb51.jpg

can not record on the fanclub, 2 equal products

My 2nd Wii, key is not valid
my 2nd Wii Sport, key is not valid

Yet I have paid twice

KevinCow

Banned
Yes, it's extremely annoying that Nintendo didn't have the foresight to create an account-based system. It sucks that you threw away your old Wii, that would've been the best way to go about it. But since you have everything registered to your Club Nintendo account, you should be able to get it back if you pester them enough.

Hopefully they have a better solution next-gen, but the fact that DSi-ware has the exact same issue doesn't exactly give me confidence.

Somnid

dovella said:
NOOOO

9asb51.jpg

can not record on the fanclub, 2 equal products

My 2nd Wii, key is not valid
my 2nd Wii Sport, key is not valid

Yet I have paid twice

Nintendo can probably swap that for you too, just mention it. Only the Wii serial number is important.

Top Bottom