• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc PC |OT| It's getting Steamy in here...

JulianImp

Just finished DR2 after finishing DR1 a few weeks back

I need to go on holiday or something

THE DESPAIR

That's nice and all, but I'd suggest not using that particular avatar in here though...

Just finished the main story. Wow, what a ride. Is School Mode any fun? About how long is it, hours wise?

It's like a flash game, sadly. Your goal is to grind random drops to build stuff, which raises collection/cleaning levels as you do, and making your characters rest to make sure they don't collapse and waste several days recovering. I've "played" it for 31 in-game days (that last about five minutes each between setting things up and socializing after a day of work), and called it quits because it was really boring.

Ferrio

Banned
Just finished DR1.

Ending was absolutely horrible, nothing explained a lot of handwaving questions you might have so I felt let down.

Also I knew you were good people Aoi, you and me to the end!

I wish the game had been a bit more difficult. None of the mysteries were ever difficult and were easy to piece together. Few places I got stuck but not because I didn't know what happened but I didn't know exactly which piece they were wanting me to present. I was really hoping for a case that'd totally surprise me what was going on.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished DR1.

Ending was absolutely horrible, nothing explained a lot of handwaving questions you might have so I felt let down.

I wish the game had been a bit more difficult. None of the mysteries were ever difficult and were easy to piece together. Few places I got stuck but not because I didn't know what happened but I didn't know exactly which piece they were wanting me to present. I was really hoping for a case that'd totally surprise me what was going on.

So, are you in for Daganronpa 2?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
How many Danganronpa games are there? I see another one coming to Steam next month. Are they all worth playing?

Puruzi

Banned
How many Danganronpa games are there? I see another one coming to Steam next month. Are they all worth playing?

1, 2, and Another Episode.

AE isn't confirmed for PC yet, but 2 is worth playing for sure.

If AE does get confirmed it's also worth playing.

Jamix012

Finished it. It was pretty good. Does Danganronpa 2 get crazier with the cases though? I feel like it was pretty easy to figure things out for the most part. Even the final twist was pretty telegraphed.

I think you'll love DR2. This is how I, and some of my other friends, came out of DR1 but when DR2 hit it was on another level for us.

Just finished DR1.

The ending in Danganronpa 2 is A LOT worse.

Nightbird

Imagine yourself saying "what" repeatedly for half an hour.

Congrats, you now know how you'll react to the finale of Danganronpa 2.

aravuus

There were some good whats and there were some bad whats with DR2's ending. It's still an awesome game and I think that anyone who enjoyed DR1 should give it a try.

Javier

My biggest problem with DR1's ending was (Spoilers for the whole game)

As soon as the whole "Tragedy" thing was revealed, I just KNEW that the game was going to end with a scene with all the survivors walking out the school without telling us what the outside world looked like. I can understand that it's an easy way to set up a sequel and also to allow the player to draw his own conclusions, but damn, I was still bothered they went with the most obvious route.

That and the fact that a lot of the cases were played very straight. Case 3 and Case 4 particularly felt obvious from the beginning, and outside of Aoi setting things up in Case 4 so that everyone went down with her, there weren't any reveals that were truly surprising. (Although I loved how the whole reveal made Byakuya look like an idiot).

All in all, I did enjoy the game. The story is flawed for sure, and I definitely won't be replaying this anytime soon (I tried School Mode and felt too much of a slog), but I think the initial experience is worth the time and money, if anything because I really liked most of the cast.

Also, super happy Yasuhiro and Aoi survived all the way to the end.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Finished DR1 and can say I'm really looking forward to playing DR2 when it releases on the 18th.
Hoping it's as good as DR1 or even better.

Does Danganronpa get more challenging? The first case I figured out before the trial, and trudged through some mediocre rhythm gameplay before my character arrived at the same conclusion. Now I'm on the second case and I mostly have it figured out before the trial has started. Are all of them this easy? I don't like playing a character that is an idiot, or going through the motions of minigames when I already solved the case.

So far, I'm feeling the same way I did about Undertale – an interesting narrative and some good characters trapped in gameplay that I don't find compelling.

Does Danganronpa get more challenging? The first case I figured out before the trial, and trudged through some mediocre rhythm gameplay before my character arrived at the same conclusion. Now I'm on the second case and I mostly have it figured out before the trial has started. Are all of them this easy? I don't like playing a character that is an idiot, or going through the motions of minigames when I already solved the case.

So far, I'm feeling the same way I did about Undertale – an interesting narrative and some good characters trapped in gameplay that I don't find compelling.

First trial is a tutorial case pretty much. If you feel the same way by the end of trial 2 and don't care about the overarching plot, might as well drop it.

In the first game every case is basically spoonfed to you with so much clues that trials become a drag. Second game puts you in a role of a more competent character who can actually think for himself and features a lot more elaborate cases.

jonjonaug

DR1's cases are all pretty easy to figure out, but cases 3-6 at least have a bit of complexity to them that makes them fun, and case 2 has some of the best resolutions possible to some plot points even if the twists themselves are obvious. Danganronpa 2 is a much more difficult game when it comes to the mystery aspects.

Top Bottom