• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Roto13

you have to build every monokuma type. once you build warlockuma (the final monokuma), you get 200 coins.

it's also how you get the school mode endings. so don't use your trip tickets if you messed up and couldn't get a monokuma built. just use the free time to max out the report cards. you should be able to get about 3 endings per playthrough. the only endings i have yet to see are for sakura, celeste, mukuro (as junko), kyoko, and hina.

There's just barely enough free time to get four endings per playthrough if you're lucky and make the right dialogue choices for everyone.

kewlmyc

So now that people are beating the game, can I talk about my dead waifu Mukuro now

Find and read DanganRonpa If if you haven't. You'll love her even more.

Also, has anyone here played School Mode yet? Do the conversations differ from the free time events you did in the main game? If not, I won't even bother...

Roto13

Find and read DanganRonpa If if you haven't. You'll love her even more.

Also, has anyone here played School Mode yet? Do the conversations differ from the free time events you did in the main game? If not, I won't even bother...

Each character has an "ending" that's basically a follow up to the regular social link conversations. You can also have all of the social link conversations you missed in the main game.

The "dating sim" part where you hang out with people in specific places has unique conversations for each character but they're all stuff like "I like western style breakfast" and similarly boring things. Those are what you have to power through to get the character endings, though.

pariah164

Each character has an "ending" that's basically a follow up to the regular social link conversations. You can also have all of the social link conversations you missed in the main game.

The "dating sim" part where you hang out with people in specific places has unique conversations for each character but they're all stuff like "I like western style breakfast" and similarly boring things. Those are what you have to power through to get the character endings, though.
I am confused as to what I'm doing. I got stars next to Kyoko and Sayaka's names in the Report Cards section, so I guess that means I'm done with them? I just had normal conversations though; nothing that was a clear 'ending'.

Roto13

I am confused as to what I'm doing. I got stars next to Kyoko and Sayaka's names in the Report Cards section, so I guess that means I'm done with them? I just had normal conversations though; nothing that was a clear 'ending'.

There's basically two different relationship systems. The one you can work on in main game and also school mode for the report card, and the one you work on by using Trip Tickets to spend time with people. You can check your relationships in that system by talking to Monokuma. Report card relationships carry over with New Game Plus, but Trip Ticket relationships don't. If you successfully build all of the Monokumas and complete a Trip Ticket relationship with a character in a single playthrough, you get their ending. There's enough time in a single playthrough of School Mode to max out your Trip Ticket relationships with 4 people, so the maximum number of endings you can get in one playthrough is 4.

pariah164

There's basically two different relationship systems. The one you can work on in main game and also school mode for the report card, and the one you work on by using Trip Tickets to spend time with people. You can check your relationships in that system by talking to Monokuma. Report card relationships carry over with New Game Plus, but Trip Ticket relationships don't. If you successfully build all of the Monokumas and complete a Trip Ticket relationship with a character in a single playthrough, you get their ending. There's enough time in a single playthrough of School Mode to max out your Trip Ticket relationships with 4 people, so the maximum number of endings you can get in one playthrough is 4.
Ohhh, OK. I haven't been touching the trip tickets.

Roto13

Ohhh, OK. I haven't been touching the trip tickets.

Your first time through school mode is probably better spent leveling up your scavenging skills and finishing all of the report cards, anyway. You only get trip tickets when you successfully complete a project.

Labrys

tumblr_n0yh86RnDU1r2hrqzo1_500.jpg

anyone care to explain this

"jill"

Labrys

Jack the Ripper. Toko's a girl, so "Jill" Syo wouldn't make much sense in the west since we're not familiar with that serial killer.

ah,no, no, i got the genocide jack thing, i was just under the impression it was going to stay as Jack, not Jill. guess i know now

You mean how to take screenshots? PS button and Start. ;P

forgot to mention picture's not mine, got it off tumblr. i'm still waiting for my copy in the mail.

Noi

ah,no, no, i got the genocide jack thing, i was just under the impression it was going to stay as Jack, not Jill. guess i know now

They actually swap between both. They keep referring to "Genocide Jack" as the alt personanility, but use Jill for her actual "name".

Gestahl

Does anyone else think Ishimaru gets very little of what could be considered a proper send off or conclusion to his arc in the main game compared to the other characters? He goes bonkers and then almost immediately gets bonked on the head, and basically winds up as collateral damage in Celes's asinine plan. On top of that Yamada hogs the spotlight during his chapter. It just seems like he gets the shaft compared to everyone else, including even Mukuro when you consider how important her role in the plot is.

Does anyone else think Ishimaru gets very little of what could be considered a proper send off or conclusion to his arc in the main game compared to the other characters? He goes bonkers and then almost immediately gets bonked on the head, and basically winds up as collateral damage in Celes's asinine plan. On top of that Yamada hogs the spotlight during his chapter. It just seems like he gets the shaft compared to everyone else, including even Mukuro when you consider how important her role in the plot is.

Yeah, that's pretty much the main gripe with the game (for obvious reasons).

Loses his first buddy, completely breaks down, gets better by fusion and then suddenly dies. And the cast doesn't even care since Yamada's last breath is suddenly more important. :E

Even the murderers got more attention to him.

Trigger

What more could they have really done with him and his story?

how substantial are the school mode endings as far as fleshing out the characters? i dont really enjoy the resource gathering shit so grinding all that now doesn't seem worth it

Noi

Not everyone gets to go out with a bang.

Noi

Started going back to get all the game's gallery stuff, decided to do the bad ending which I hadn't seen yet (I figured exposing Kyoko's lie was the bad choice).

12526035963_534c9604b4_c.jpg

...Damn, Hina gets busy.

Edit: Lmao, and just now coincidentally ran into this while filling out the notebook. That 20% accuracy rating.

12526869764_e0bbe650c5_c.jpg

pariah164

Started going back to get all the game's gallery stuff, decided to do the bad ending which I hadn't seen yet (I figured exposing Kyoko's lie was the bad choice).

...Damn, Hina gets busy.

Edit: Lmao, and just now coincidentally ran into this while filling out the notebook. That 20% accuracy rating.

Yep. Hagakure predicted the bad end! I want some exposition on that bad end so badly though. Like, how did Toko die? Why is Byakuya so damn happy? How dies Hina keep her youth and figure after THREE kids?

So many questions.

kewlmyc

...Damn, Hina gets busy.

I love the bad ending. It's an accurate portrayal of what would happen if you locked a bunch of teenagers together for years.

Togami's clearly happy that Toko's gone. :p

Steel

Banned
You know. I've been wondering for awhile now. Why was all the blood the main character's shed pink? I mean, in the old areas of the school they were perfectly happy to show red blood. I actually got it in my head at some point that the mastermind had messed with their minds at some point to make them think blood was normal, and that they were all actually genetically modified clones with memory imprints or something. I mean, in the final trial with Junko, she specifically mentions that Byakuya's blood was noble, but I suppose she was just referring to the fact that his family is all dead.

Why the hell was the blood pink?!?!?

Labrys

You know. I've been wondering for awhile now. Why was all the blood the main character's shed pink. I mean, in the old areas of the school they were perfectly happy to show red blood. I actually got it in my head at some point that the mastermind had messed with their minds at some point to make them think blood was normal, and that they were all actually genetically modified clones with memory imprints or something. I mean, in the final trial with Junko, she specifically mentions that Byakuya's blood was noble, but I suppose she was just referring to the fact that his family is all dead.

blood has always been that color
y10OcJz.png

much like the humble strawberry

kewlmyc

You know. I've been wondering for awhile now. Why was all the blood the main character's shed pink. I mean, in the old areas of the school they were perfectly happy to show red blood. I actually got it in my head at some point that the mastermind had messed with their minds at some point to make them think blood was normal, and that they were all actually genetically modified clones with memory imprints or something. I mean, in the final trial with Junko, she specifically mentions that Byakuya's blood was noble, but I suppose she was just referring to the fact that his family is all dead.

The game would have gotten a far harsher rating in Japan if the blood was a realistic color. The game has minors being brutally murdered. The unrealistic blood color kept the game from getting a potential Z rating.

I guess they could have made it red for the western release, but it's already become a trademark of the series.

pariah164

You know. I've been wondering for awhile now. Why was all the blood the main character's shed pink? I mean, in the old areas of the school they were perfectly happy to show red blood. I actually got it in my head at some point that the mastermind had messed with their minds at some point to make them think blood was normal, and that they were all actually genetically modified clones with memory imprints or something. I mean, in the final trial with Junko, she specifically mentions that Byakuya's blood was noble, but I suppose she was just referring to the fact that his family is all dead.

Well, they made it pink to keep the game from getting rated Cero Z, from what I understand. It's a censoring tool that is now one of the game's trademarks. I wasn't too put off by it, because it does make things kind of funny.

EDIT: Ninja'd again! God dammit! :T

Steel

Banned
blood has always been that color
y10OcJz.png

much like the humble strawberry

... Of course, it all makes sense now.

The game would have gotten a far harsher rating in Japan if the blood was a realistic color. The game has minors being brutally murdered. The unrealistic blood color kept the game from getting a potential Z rating.

I guess they could have made it red for the western release, but it's already become a trademark of the series.

You see, the thing that confused me about the censorship angle is that the blood in the old school building was read. It made me think it was a god damned plot point. I was left confused. But I can understand that. Sorda.

Edit:
And was anyone in this game really a minor when you take the 2-3 years worth of lost memories into consideration?

Not everyone gets to go out with a bang.

The worst character doesn't need more screen time, should have killed him sooner TBH

So is anyone else curious about what a mass execution if the accused was false would look like? Would it just be all the specialized executions running concurrently for everyone but the blackened, or would it be a single execution that kills everyone at once?

Ultratech

So is anyone else curious about what a mass execution if the accused was false would look like? Would it just be all the specialized executions running concurrently for everyone but the blackened, or would it be a single execution that kills everyone at once?

Despite Monokuma's flair for the dramatic, I imagine the floor would pop up from under everyone into a spike-filled pit....of DESPAIR.

It would be cool if it was just a reverse of the blackended's supposed execution just with Monokuma roping everyone else up and throwing them through it.

Just thinking about that is already leaving me in despair...

Dugna

noticed while watching the Monokuma theater in chapter 5 and above, the TV in the scene shows pictures of the new 3rd person DR game coming out that involves Naegi's sister.

Now that I just got past this part again, I am pretty curious in knowing what was on everyone else's videos that they saw in the AV room.

Can't imagine it would be something as simple as their friends and family in ruins.

Labrys

Now that I just got past this part again, I am pretty curious in knowing what was on everyone else's videos that they saw in the AV room.

Can't imagine it would be something as simple as their friends and family in ruins.

ishimarus was a bunch of kids running in the halls and spraypainting everywhere

truly a horrifying sight for him

Dugna

Well Sakura says hers outright if you ask her, so there is that one out. But yeah it would be interesting to see the rest.

Personally, I want to imagine Monokuma would've restrained everyone, and then execute them one by one. Meanwhile, the culprit would be forced to watch what they caused while having the truth revealed to them.

Maximum despair.

pariah164

Woooow. That's not good. Genocider Shou always sounded so badass.
They probably used 'Homicide Jack/Jill' just to play with the whole Jack and Jill nursery rhyme thing.

Coincidentally, Homicide Jill is the name of my Sex Pistols cover band.
Not really.

Lusankya

Man, I love angry Celestia.

QB9f7jx.png

Especially her English VA is so good when she switches between her accent and her normal speech. Actually I find her non-french voice kinda sexy...

Top Bottom